I'll Take Wideman Over Corvo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'll Take Wideman Over Corvo

Joe Corvo coughed up 2 more plays that led to goals. He is becoming more of a liability every game. He just is not what I thought or the B's thought he would be. Instead he's become a real defensive liability. One who makes errant passes a regular occurence. Considering the bashing Dennis Wideman used to get, I'm a little surprised more people aren't calling out Corvo for his poor play. Tired of him making lazy passes to the other team in the B's zone. And offensively, he's also not delivering. The PP is not better with him overall. There my first B's negative thread since the Cup win. But it's becoming clear the B's need to find a 6th defenseman.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: I'll Take Wideman Over Corvo

Don't the B's have like the 7th or so ranked pp?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

11th ranked PP up from last year and once again Ward changed the personnel of the 1st unit PP while it was flourishing before the Marchand suspension. I expect with Marchand's and Peverley's triumphant returns will turn the PP around in spite of Ward's continuous tweaking of the PP when it should be left alone.

Anyone would look good in Washington on the PP when you have Semin to your left, Backstrom to your right and Ovechkin floating. Heck even Fletcher and Dez would have a ton of assists.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

right, but remember Corvo is not the reason the PP is better, as noted by Peverly at point and others doing their jobs (including the PP coach).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

Ill pass on both of them. Ship Corvo out at the deadline and rent Gleason for the post season. We have a great opportunity for a repeat. Would not make any other changes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I always liked Milan Jurcina, a real heavy hitter. He'd be a cheap pickup if Corvo was let go. Good heavy shot too. He would pair well will Chara. He's kind of like a "mini Chara" only because he's 6-4 versus 6-9 LOL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Corvo has had some good games, Wideman is a good defenseman with above average offensive capabilites. it just was not going to happen here, pretty sure Washington after losing Mike Green again is real glad they have him...That said, I'll still take Kaberle over both of them. Would have really liked to see what Kaberle would have done here in a full season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: I'll Take Wideman Over Corvo:
    Corvo has had some good games, Wideman is a good defenseman with above average offensive capabilites. it just was not going to happen here, pretty sure Washington after losing Mike Green again is real glad they have him...That said, I'll still take Kaberle over both of them. Would have really liked to see what Kaberle would have done here in a full season.
    Posted by kelvana33

Not at $ 4.2 mil a year i wouldn't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sroesink. Show sroesink's posts

In Response to I'll Take Wideman Over Corvo:
    Joe Corvo coughed up 2 more plays that led to goals. He is becoming more of a liability every game. He just is not what I thought or the B's thought he would be. Instead he's become a real defensive liability. One who makes errant passes a regular occurence. Considering the bashing Dennis Wideman used to get, I'm a little surprised more people aren't calling out Corvo for his poor play. Tired of him making lazy passes to the other team in the B's zone. And offensively, he's also not delivering. The PP is not better with him overall. There my first B's negative thread since the Cup win. But it's becoming clear the B's need to find a 6th defenseman.
    Posted by dannycater

Thank Zeus you aren't GM! Wideman is a constant liability.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In Response to I'll Take Wideman Over Corvo:
    Posted by dannycater

You're right about Corvo being a defensive liability but so was Wideman. Corvo turns the puck over with agonizing regularity but so did Wideman. Wideman's hugh shortcoming was that he was a terrible skater. I still have these images of him falling over when he tried to turn and skate backwards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Corvo doesn't play like the other 5 defensemen. He looks like a guy who doesn't fit the system and often he makes poor decisions. On a team where I think the forwards at times can be questioned for how hard they are playing, Julien does a good job of insulating his defensemen. I think Corvo is getting a free pass to continue being a miserable team addition. Fortunately, Peverly and Marchand in the lineup will shore of the offense while Corvo keeps coughing pucks up in key moments. At least Wideman puts points on the board.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I don't want either of them. The last few times I've watched Washington this year Wideman's coughed up the puck at some crutical point each game, same as when he was here. At least Corvo is gone at the end of the year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Wideman still has without a doubt the funniest youtube penalty shot fail. Everyone has to see it! It's hilarious! I like Wides just for the humor of that video!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Wideman still has without a doubt the funniest youtube penalty shot fail. Everyone has to see it! It's hilarious! I like Wides just for the humor of that video!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

This is superior IMO... The music makes it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOEN5NOlmGI

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I think by the time the trade deadline has come and gone, you will see the same faces on the Bruins as you do today. If, no major injuries occur.

Do what most other top NHL clubs do and play through your slumps. We have the team in place, but everyone has to understand that your not going to get the W's everytime.  Corvo has worn the goats cap for a few games lately. And if not him so other defenceman has looked bad. Even when we have won some games that we should maybe have lost you can point to a few players who maybe didn't totally show up. That's hockey. I just hope they don't start tuning out CJ. Then we would have a fine mess to deal with.

PS : Get ready for the Rangers and the Flyers. If we lose to both of those clubs, you will see the trade calls come alive in this forum.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'll pass on both. Corvo turns the puck over way to much but I remember watching Wideman skate and thinking, how did this guy make it to the NHL skating so poorly. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sandog, no Dez and Fletch would spend too much time talking the pp rather than doing the pp for assists.  Corvo over Wideman anyday, I love the shots Wide Out made a few years ago.  At least Corvo puts the puck on net, albeit on the emblem! NO please no wideman, he was abused here but he is still an enigma!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think by the time the trade deadline has come and gone, you will see the same faces on the Bruins as you do today. If, no major injuries occur. Do what most other top NHL clubs do and play through your slumps. We have the team in place, but everyone has to understand that your not going to get the W's everytime.  Corvo has worn the goats cap for a few games lately. And if not him so other defenceman has looked bad. Even when we have won some games that we should maybe have lost you can point to a few players who maybe didn't totally show up. That's hockey. I just hope they don't start tuning out CJ. Then we would have a fine mess to deal with. Posted by Stuke50

I don't mind a Loss from time to time... but we have been outworked EVERY game since the Vancouver loss (5 in a row is too long for a team that expects to repeat, yet somehow we won 3 of them?)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I think by the time the trade deadline has come and gone, you will see the same faces on the Bruins as you do today. If, no major injuries occur. Do what most other top NHL clubs do and play through your slumps. We have the team in place, but everyone has to understand that your not going to get the W's everytime.  Corvo has worn the goats cap for a few games lately. And if not him so other defenceman has looked bad. Even when we have won some games that we should maybe have lost you can point to a few players who maybe didn't totally show up. That's hockey. I just hope they don't start tuning out CJ. Then we would have a fine mess to deal with.  PS : Get ready for the Rangers and the Flyers. If we lose to both of those clubs, you will see the trade calls come alive in this forum.
    Posted by Stuke50

PS I was just thinking the exact same thing. The way the Bs are playing right now they'll possibly struggle against the Rangers and the Flyers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: I'll Take Wideman Over Corvo : PS I was just thinking the exact same thing. The way the Bs are playing right now they'll possibly struggle against the Rangers and the Flyers.
    Posted by Hanrahan1

Marchand and Peverley will be back. Take 2 of any teams top 9 forwards who just happen to be two of their better penalty killers and the team will feel it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

totally agree, kelv

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't want either of them. The last few times I've watched Washington this year Wideman's coughed up the puck at some crutical point each game, same as when he was here. At least Corvo is gone at the end of the year.
    Posted by mxt

That is the most significant point to be said about Wideman.  Wideman times his cough ups impeccably to destroy momentum.  It cancels out everything else.  Everything.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'll take someone other than Corvo. Much of the sluggishness has been the missing players Marchand and Peverly. They are both key elements that bring chemistry to the Bergeron and Kelly lines. Pouliot has certainly tried, and at times contributes, but he also fades for at least two periods out of three. Plus Kelly has had not one, but two rookies filling in. They don't make many mistakes, but have not made any significant offensive additions, and weren't expected to either. In addition, no one expected Timmy to be on his belly and out of the play as he was in Tampa.

Sections
Shortcuts