ILS PUT BRIAN ROLSTON ON WAIVERS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

ILS PUT BRIAN ROLSTON ON WAIVERS

I SAY GO BRUINS AND GRAB HIM!!! Get for nothing, and pay him the rest of the season. Perfect fit. Helps pp. Can still skate, and still has a wicked rifle. All the way with Rolston!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Re: ILS PUT BRIAN ROLSTON ON WAIVERS

In Response to ILS PUT BRIAN ROLSTON ON WAIVERS:
    I SAY GO BRUINS AND GRAB HIM!!! Get for nothing, and pay him the rest of the season. Perfect fit. Helps pp. Can still skate, and still has a wicked rifle. All the way with Rolston!!!
    Posted by 54BLITZER

Agreed. Loved him as a Bruin...great attitude...veteran leadership...hungry as hell for a Cup...legs not quite what they were but w/well-managed minutes could provide a spark goal at the right time...could be this year's Recchi and the risk is minimal. Bring him on.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

there's a reason he's on waivers... pass.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: ILS PUT BRIAN ROLSTON ON WAIVERS:
    there's a reason he's on waivers... pass.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Yeah. Waiver wire pick ups never work. The Islanders still wish they'd passed on Michael Grabner.

And then there;s that Jeremy Lin guy....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

Rolston for free and a Pahl for a late pick...add some Ham ans Space.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I love Rolston. Bring him back.

EDIT: I assumed he would cost nothing. whats his cap situation?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok TTBI why do you think Grabner is a poor choice?  Lastly, Rolston is a veteran, and yes he is on waviers but the overriding factor is his cap numbers not play. 

The trade deadline is a bore for many but I will take another Cup as the Bs are a competitive team. Pahlson and Spacek?.... Wings are looking at Spacek.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

$5M for the 4 goals he's scored this year. Not saying he wasn't a good player in his day, but age and injury have taken their toll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

$5M for the 4 goals he's scored this year. Not saying he wasn't a good player in his day, but age and injury have taken their toll.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

ouch... yeah. nevermind

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Ok TTBI why do you think Grabner is a poor choice?  Lastly, Rolston is a veteran, and yes he is on waviers but the overriding factor is his cap numbers not play.  The trade deadline is a bore for many but I will take another Cup as the Bs are a competitive team. Pahlson and Spacek?.... Wings are looking at Spacek.    
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    Isla, I know TTBI was being sarcastic on that one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Rolston suffered from a concussion in December.  His totals are off undoubtedly due to age and this concussion syndrome, but the year before his numbers were respectable.  His salary is not acceptable back then but it is his last year of a contract.  The Bs don't need a concussed player on the team.  But, Rolston would be a veteran type player that would help on the pp and team if not for the concussion and cap numbers.    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Rolston is Plan-E even Plan-F

There are other options like Sami Pahlsson, Jason Blake, and anybody on the Colorado roster like David Jones.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Ok TTBI why do you think Grabner is a poor choice?  Lastly, Rolston is a veteran, and yes he is on waviers but the overriding factor is his cap numbers not play.  The trade deadline is a bore for many but I will take another Cup as the Bs are a competitive team. Pahlson and Spacek?.... Wings are looking at Spacek.    
    Posted by islamorada

I think you missed out on my sarcasm...my point was Grabner was a guy placed on waivers by the Panthers back in '10 and the Isles "grab"bed him (sorry) and he was sensational.

My point is i'm all FOR plucking Rolston off the waiver wire. if he doesmn't work out so what? No harm no foul....but as I stated in my previous post to the Grabner one, there's alot of potential upside to Rollie...do it.

Waiver wire pick ups SOMETIMES are worth a shot, and given the B's injury list growing, we'll need some guys to spell the minutes til Pevs and (hopefully) Horton return.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: ILS PUT BRIAN ROLSTON ON WAIVERS : I think you missed out on my sarcasm...my point was Grabner was a guy placed on waivers by the Panthers back in '10 and the Isles "grab"bed him (sorry) and he was sensational. My point is i'm all FOR plucking Rolston off the waiver wire. if he doesmn't work out so what? No harm no foul....but as I stated in my previous post to the Grabner one, there's alot of potential upside to Rollie...do it. Waiver wire pick ups SOMETIMES are worth a shot, and given the B's injury list growing, we'll need some guys to spell the minutes til Pevs and (hopefully) Horton return.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

I think Grabner was placed on waivers by Vancouver, could be wrong..Anyways, I like Brian Rolston, 4 years ago..Now, no thanks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Nucks traded Grabner to the Panthers in a package for Keith Ballard.I bet they wish they had him now instead of "Perry" Mason Raymond "Burr".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: ILS PUT BRIAN ROLSTON ON WAIVERS : I think Grabner was placed on waivers by Vancouver, could be wrong..Anyways, I like Brian Rolston, 4 years ago..Now, no thanks.
    Posted by kelvana33

what kelvana said....

not all seniors are able to do what Recchi did last year....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

He costs nothing grab him, if n0othing else to load up our practice roster.

GOAT!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: ILS PUT BRIAN ROLSTON ON WAIVERS : I think Grabner was placed on waivers by Vancouver, could be wrong..Anyways, I like Brian Rolston, 4 years ago..Now, no thanks.
    Posted by kelvana33

The Islanders claimed former first-round draft pick Michael

Photo credit: AP | The Islanders claimed former first-round draft pick Michael Grabner on waivers from the Florida Panthers on Tuesday. (Sept. 25, 2010)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If they can't get anyone better through trades, I would take Rolston for nothing. Not having a great year but he was OK last year. He's been through the big games and would make a better spare than any call up.  Don't forget at 39 Recchi looked washed up too before he revived his career (for the 100th time) with Tampa Bay and got traded to Boston.  When an old player has a bad year people jump to the conclusion that it's BECAUSE he's old. That may or may not be the case.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

NESN is reporting that the B's just picked up Rolston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Hearing it from many sources. I like this very much. Couldn't have given up too much.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/eventhome.htm?location=/deadline/2012/experience&navid=DL|NHL|home

Mike Mottau and Brian Rolston are both headed to Boston.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yup it's a done deal.  Big shot for PP ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Gaustad to the Nashville Predetors wow the preds were busy.

Sections
Shortcuts