ILS PUT BRIAN ROLSTON ON WAIVERS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: ILS PUT BRIAN ROLSTON ON WAIVERS

Would've preferred Hamrlik, but it's a start and the Bs didn't give up anything significant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

I TOLD YA FOLKS!!! ROLSTON IS GOING TO BE REJUVENATED AND AWESOME IN A BRUINS UNIFORM!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

ESPN is reporting they did get Rolston and defensemen Motteau from Isles.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm pleased. I know little about Motteau, but he's a lefty. Rolston will be a good fit I think. Apparently Greg Zanon, another left D, on his way as well. Sieds can go back to the right side with Chara, and they will have lots of veteran D to guard against injury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Welcome back Rollie.

Solid, smart move...giving up nada for a motivated guy with great character and attitude. No one expects crazy production but with smartly doled-out minutes, could be a nice X Factor, especially come playoff time.

Not as crazy about Mottau given his concussion injury history and -10 ratiing, but again, nothing given up.

Kampfer for Zanon? I liked kampfer but given Boychuck's ststus, Zanon makes more sense as a physical presence and left-handed shot.

Again, PC proves to be shrewd and prudent. No other elite teams landed any big names (save maybe Nashville & they still won't win the West), so the B's are in a good space.

Their playoff fortunes now depend on whether Pevs can get back 100% and whether Horton can at least get back for playoffs and continue being Mr. Clutch--which is going to be a lot tougher w/his time missed and the concussion issue.

i like the B's chances coming out of the East against almost any team except for the Rangers, and I also would be a little scared of a Flyers series, except for the fact that they still have the achilles heel in net.

PC grade: Solid B, no pun intended.

Sections
Shortcuts