I'm a Bruins fan, but Lucic SUCKS, and he hurts the team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: I'm a Bruins fan, but Lucic SUCKS, and he hurts the team.

There was a point late in the regular season where Lucic went down awkwardly and someone on here cringed thinking it looked like the same kind of fall that led to last year's high ankle sprain.  Lucic does look very like that particular injury is back.  He's not applying back pressure, he's not strong on his stick, and he's not playing with much energy in his legs.  The worst is the way he continually misplays the puck because he seems to have trouble bending.  He's had his chances - 8 shots in game 6 - but he hasn't had the same heavy shot and he's taking too long to get it off.

Hope it's not the high ankle.  Even a rib (unlikely - he'd be wearing a flak jacket) or his back would be a little better - more likely he can get over the problem and fidn some of his form.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to I'm a Bruins fan, but Lucic SUCKS, and he hurts the team.:
    [QUOTE]I was at the game last night, and I watched him all night. He was coasting around reaching for pucks, doens't backcheck, makes all these faces of disgust when someone gets by him....etc. Plecanic blew by him to score their second goal like he was standing still...because he WAS STANDING STILL!!  Watch the game replay today and focus on him....why am I the only one to see this....or brave enough to bring it up???
    Posted by inprov40[/QUOTE]

Stick to whatever it is you do best ! We didn't sign Lucic to play against a team
    of fast small smurfs ! Watch him against the Flyers and LEARN !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

Lucic doesn't suck but he has been an absent player ever since he scored his 30th goal and nothing so far has brought him out of it.  He plays like he thinks he is strickly a skilled player instead of a big power forward with a goal scoring touch. (I know I say this with only 1 30 goal season under his belt. If you can do it once you can do it multiple times)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

He has been neutered by Chiarelli and Julien. They don't want him injured or fighting and taking bad penalties particularly after his injuries from last year so he is skating around like a lost puppy. 262 hits in 08/09 down to 167 this year. The want him between the circles and in front of the net all game (and I dont see him in front of the net much)

I also dont think that Lucic and Krejci have the conditioning required to play first line minutes and need to work on stamina in the offseason to keep up the energy. Peverly, Bergeron and Marchand all put in the same 20 minutes last night as Lucic/Krejci and I didnt see them slow down all game. Lucic could barely get off the ice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

anytime the topic of a post is how someone "sucks", and the person bringing it up considers themself "brave" for doing so- i laugh, and move on to the next post-which is what i'll do now. thanks for letting us know you're a bruins fan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Call me an A-bomb, but Lucic = Cashman; Horton = Hodge; just missing a big Esposito in the middle. Wonder if Ryder can play center; he finally stopped slacking and looks fairly lethal with the puck in the slot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]I was at the game last night, and I watched him all night. He was coasting around reaching for pucks, doens't backcheck, makes all these faces of disgust when someone gets by him....etc. Plecanic blew by him to score their second goal like he was standing still...because he WAS STANDING STILL!!  Watch the game replay today and focus on him....why am I the only one to see this....or brave enough to bring it up???

on the 2nd goal....no he didn't, you are mistaken

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

I'd rather he took out Briere.  I'm in the "he must be hurt" camp but would not agree that he sucks nor was standing around all the time.  I noticed him more than I did Horton by and large in terms of working the boards.  Horton was pressing early on in the series but not to any effect (i.e., had the same result as Looch really).  It was rare to see him with any open ice, too.  Maybe it was in the 3rd last night he took the puck to the net and I was struck by how rare it was in the series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from inprov40. Show inprov40's posts

What 's with all of you MAKING EXCUSES for Lucic?????

Read my post....he hurts the TEAM.

This is a TEAM, and whether it's an injury, or his head isn't in it, whatever,... he should not be there 'cause he is affecting the TEAM. 

The pass to Horton...big deal. What about the other 90% of his game? What'sd his +/- ????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: I'm a Bruins fan, but Lucic SUCKS, and he hurts the team.:
    [QUOTE]What 's with all of you MAKING EXCUSES for Lucic????? Read my post....he hurts the TEAM. This is a TEAM, and whether it's an injury, or his head isn't in it, whatever,... he should not be there 'cause he is affecting the TEAM.  The pass to Horton...big deal. What about the other 90% of his game? What'sd his +/- ????

What is your point?  or are you just being a typical whinny Boston fan?  Yes Lucic had a poor series against the scabs but he has been one of our best playoff performers since he has been a Bruin.  He is likely injured and trying to play through it.  Sometimes I think teams make a mistake by playing injured players in the playoffs when a replacement might be a better option but you can not blame that on the player.   If you think he needs to be replaced show us your perfered lineup so we can discuss it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: I'm a Bruins fan, but Lucic SUCKS, and he hurts the team.:
    [QUOTE]What 's with all of you MAKING EXCUSES for Lucic????? Read my post....he hurts the TEAM. This is a TEAM, and whether it's an injury, or his head isn't in it, whatever,... he should not be there 'cause he is affecting the TEAM.  The pass to Horton...big deal. What about the other 90% of his game? What'sd his +/- ????

your also making stuff up, he wasn't burned for the 2nd habs goal

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You're over-reacting, improv. His +/-, for whatever it's worth, is even.  More importantly, he's sixth on the team in shots and tied for 5th in hits.  Good chance he'd be a bit higher if he'd played the whole of game 6.  The only thing he hasn't done is score.  Would be nice if that happened.  But he is getting hits, chances, etc.  If he could stop handling the puck like a grenade, he'd be on his way!

Bergeron leads in almost every category with 22 hits and 27 shots to go with most points (7), most assists (5), and best faceoff %.  He's also second in +/- at +5; second in PiMs with 10, and first in FO% at 63+%.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Read Bookboys first post here. Does that not make sense ?

Lucic is a really good hockey player. Better than what he brought to the Habs series.

So....????  Why would a talent like Lucic play below his normal talent ?
    He was playing below par before the playoffs and Bookboy I think nailed the timing. I forgot about that injury and your right, I was cringing thinking it was the high ankle sprain. It's something. He's too good to lose that over a few games.

PS : saying Lucic sucks, is just down right offensive.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Lucic is not throwing any heavy hits and that speaks volumes.  All season long we've seen him crush guys into the dasher or beat the hell out of them.  I strongly suspect he is hurt but not saying a word about it to the media.  Chara still looks messed up and he's not talking either. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

seriously, shut up..Lucic sucks? Are you kidding me? They won the series and he didnt score a goal. I'm worried about that if i'm the flyers, he's too good of a player and he'll be heard from in this series..Just make sure when he does you post a thread of what an idiot you are.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

He`ll be better banging against the Flyers, they might even take more dumb penalties than we do!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

just watched the replay, the original poster is just making stuff up, lucic wasn't on the ice for the second goal

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Half of the stuff posted in this forum is made up

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I still have faith in Lucic and think he'll excel in this series.
     First there's the issue of righting the wrong of last year's catastrophy against the Flyers.
    Then there's the pay back against the Flyers for what they did to Orr's knees all those years ago. As far as I'm concerned the Bs have never properly returned the favor.     

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Lucic is not Lucic, and there's high probability that he's playing injured.  He seems to have trouble stickhandling quickly and gets the puck swiped because of it.  I suspect bruised ribs or strained shoulder.  He's reluctant to scrap on the boards (though he doesn't mind crashing) and his shot has been slow release.  

If you have had bruised or broken ribs, you know how hard it is to twist and control rapid arm movement.  

Might be best to sit him out a few games.  .  Give Seguin a chance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

paging dr, clamman...paging dr. clamman.... i've heard it all, an injury diagnosis, from a television 1,000 miles away! obviously, trouble stickhandling=bruised ribs and or strained shoulder. me... a non-doctor, would have trouble stickHANDling= HAND injury. i don't know...i'm not the doctor here. let us know what the results are of your "follow-up exam", when he skates across your tv screen saturday. WOW, are you seguin's agent?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Just an opinion/ observation....Isn't that what forums are for?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

just an opinion/ observation...people try to play coach/gm/owner on this site, very rarely is doctor attempted. kudos to you for bringing it to the next level.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Lucic will be a power in round 2. I think he was warned about playing to rough. No choice the next round.