I'm done with this team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: I'm done with this team

I feel your pain. Blake Wheeler is terrible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to I'm done with this team:
    I say this without rancor, but as a fan for 40 years, and a season ticket holder, I do not enjoy watching this version of the Black and Gold.  I'm sure that I am a dinosaur for enjoying a fast paced game with lots of body contact and a good fight or two.  I'm sorry, but this is boring hockey, and I refuse to watch the Blake Wheelers avoid contact, Milan Lucic playing like he is 5'4", and the one young player who plays his heart out every night, does his job and does it well is a healthy scratch on defense tonite. I wish them well, but this is not Bruins hockey.  Again, I am aware I am a dinosaur, as I will be Stub Hubbing my tickets and people will be lining up to buy them.  I may be a refugee from 1988, but I am OK with that.
    Posted by blue17

Would you prefer they were losing in an exciting fashion?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from blue17. Show blue17's posts

In Response to Re: I'm done with this team:
    In Response to I'm done with this team : Would you prefer they were losing in an exciting fashion?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Honestly, yes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyetye291. Show eyetye291's posts

@Blue17:  I'm with you buddy.  A boring and poorly coached squishy soft team that  is a disgrace to the sweater. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Relax, they just smoked a much better Hurricanes team in back-to-back games and they're still 1st in the NE by a 3 point margin. They have issues no doubt, but there's still time before playoffs start.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

See ya.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Hey Blue, I have been a fan since 69, I will never stop being a Bruin fan but I agree with you. Even when they win, they are boring to watch, no passion and no tenacity.  That is today's game but it is not very exciting, the last three minutes , maybee.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Quite sure the bruins want nothing to do with you fair weather fans anyways.
    Sure hope you stick to your word, and never post here again. Can you please take a few of these "usta hab trolls" with you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If you want ol' time Bruin hockey bust out the beta max because Bettmans N.H.L doesn't allow the hockey ( nudge,nudge,wink,wink) that you are craving.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

feel bad that mark recci will finish up with this team.
    Been watching the bruins since 70-71 season and you i'm bored by this group.
    Is lucic hurt again?Why is wheeler still a Bruin? For that matter why is CJ still the coach?   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Chia is working on the 'transition zone' problem as we speak. He'll get us a
      puck moving top 3 D-man that will change the whole look of the offence and   the team.

It really is that simple ! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

If you guys are "bored" watching these guys then you have much bigger problems than you think. What more boring than ANY baseball game or any recent Pats playoff game? You are "bored" because they are not dominating like two years ago and you equate this with failure. This is not hockey of 40 years ago. These guys play a lot more games at a MUCH higher speed. so it is more difficult to play balls to the wall night in and night out. That being said, Wheeler needs to go, Horton needs a kick in the pants. the coach, well, guess what? Defence wins cups, most of the time and I think most of us would agree that a "boring" defensive team with a cup is better than a Toronto or an Edmonton team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

OMG the Pnes lost the Devils!!! That's right the Devils!! I think they should trade Crosby for a puck moving defence man, send Marc Fleury down to the AHL to see if he can still play and fire the coach and GM!!! Hey it will work for the B's right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Hey Blue, I have been a fan since 69, I will never stop being a Bruin fan but I agree with you. Even when they win, they are boring to watch, no passion and no tenacity.  That is today's game but it is not very exciting, the last three minutes , maybee.  
    Posted by BRRocker

Yeah because the 7-5 win over the flyers and 7-0 over the Hurricanes were SOOO BORING!

Take off your Felger glasses people.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it's almost not worth even responding to these posts...so BRUIN FANS lets stop clicking on these posts and perpetuating this ridiculousness... oops i posted...last response to a negative post for me...whew feels good

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueoxen. Show blueoxen's posts

TSN has the Bruins ranked #2 in the WHOLE NHL this week, behind Vancouver.

Whats wrong with you people? If this team was in TO or Montreal they would be heroes with hopes of a Stanley Cup.

They are not going to win all their games. This isn't the NBA or MLB, where the playoff teams and champions are pretty much pre-determined. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I've been a fan since the Bruins played in Mathews arena.  I watched Eddie Shore play and was there the night he clubbed Ace Bailey.  The first 3 Bruins cups are indeliby etched into my mind.  I have $5400 worth of memorobilia, named my son "Bruin" and named my dog Blue.

True Bruins fans will recognize each of these.  No, not that Ace Bailey you idiot, there was a previous one.  And Blue belonged to Grapes.

After being a season ticket holder for 86 years I am giving up after one Bruins loss.  True, I suffered through several seasons in my time where they finished last overeall, including the year before Thornton where they finished last, but not no never mind.  I'm done with these team after that one loss.

I *was* a die hard fan, but now I'm going to sell off my season tickets for a nickel and I want 10 cents for my memorobilia.  I was too busy to worship my Bruins shrine to post, so that's why I only have 14 posts and I'm too busy celebrating the wins to post then, that's why I only post when they lose.

And any of you black gold glasses wearing sheep lemmming Jacobs worshiping fools that disagree with me are simpletons if you call me a troll.

And this was sarcasm for the trolls that don't get it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Hockey is exciting again if you ask me....A few years back, when they tried to open up the game, they were calling everything, but there is a little more clutching and grabbing allowed now a day. The one hand off the stick that was called every time, a few years back, doesnt seem to be called as often now a days. And the speed of the game is so much faster than the old school game. I watch B's Classics every now and then and the teams play so sloppy and slow compared todays games. Its completely different.....I watch those B's Classics and laugh, because its pretty bad, compared to the style of the game now a days. Tons of time in the Classics, guys struggle to make passes.....I watch in amazement and think to myself, how I use to think this was exciting.....I love the game as it is now, much faster, guys have just as much skill. And the ones that do stick out are just that good. Its harder to hit now a days, because guys are that good to avoid such hits. Everyone has their own opinion and I like todays game. When they changed the rules a few years ago to open up the game, I hated it, they called everything and it slowed the game down. The Classics games were slower back then because all the clutching and grabbing. You have to have skill and speed in the league now to play....but back then just being a poor skater was ok, because all you had to do was grab the guy to slow him down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

well done badhab...no... they won't get it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Hockey is exciting again if you ask me....A few years back, when they tried to open up the game, they were calling everything, but there is a little more clutching and grabbing allowed now a day. The one hand off the stick that was called every time, a few years back, doesnt seem to be called as often now a days. And the speed of the game is so much faster than the old school game. I watch B's Classics every now and then and the teams play so sloppy and slow compared todays games. Its completely different.....I watch those B's Classics and laugh, because its pretty bad, compared to the style of the game now a days. Tons of time in the Classics, guys struggle to make passes.....I watch in amazement and think to myself, how I use to think this was exciting.....I love the game as it is now, much faster, guys have just as much skill. And the ones that do stick out are just that good. Its harder to hit now a days, because guys are that good to avoid such hits. Everyone has their own opinion and I like todays game. When they changed the rules a few years ago to open up the game, I hated it, they called everything and it slowed the game down. The Classics games were slower back then because all the clutching and grabbing. You have to have skill and speed in the league now to play....but back then just being a poor skater was ok, because all you had to do was grab the guy to slow him down.
    Posted by bgrif008

Well said bgrif.  Every fan should take a couple hours and watch a few games from the mid 70's.  Anyone with an ounce of hockey acumen would imediately notice how much better the players are now..., the teams are now.  Goalies are better, teams are better, players are faster, stronger.  They have more moves, they shoot harder.  Every aspect of the game is played at a higher skill level.  Much more is demanded from the players too.  Coaching is much improved, and now the NHL has a salary cap, which makes it impossible for any team to improve itself, simply by "spending more money".
    I grew up in the 60's and early 70's, so I certainly don't want to take anything away from my generation.  If you're the best in your era though...that's all you can possibly be.  You're the best, end of conversation.  It's impossible to logically debate talent straight up, over multiple generations.
    What should be completely obvious though....to anyone with half a brain....is that there is parity in the NHL now.  Expecting a team to win every game against an opponent beneath them in the standings...lamenting, brooding, pouting....yelling and screaming for wholesale change....demanding the impossible after every loss, while not posessing the ability to comprehend the most elementary aspects of the game.........if anyone thinks there is an ounce of merit in that mindset............

They're an idiot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Most of the people that are sick of this team would rather see the Bruins lose everynight and get into 5 "wicked awesome" fights than see the team win. Sorry but McQuaid is an average defender that fights, it's the only reason why people love him.

You might want a team full of McGrattans but I'd rather see a team that is at the top of the division. It's been a long stretch of games for the Bs and not surprised it came out flat.

I hope all the old school fans leave the fan base. The old school fans still want the days of bench clearing brawls but if you really have blood lust, go watch MMA or boxing where you're assured a fight and stop demanding that the team fight because you can't understand or appreciate hockey.

It's pretty pitiful that fans are saying they're done with the team when they have won 5 out of 7 and are first in the division.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think everyone needs to slow down, the bruins have still won what 5 of 7?  So now we need a negative post everytime the team loses one? They weren't awful last night, miller outplayed rask, stole a game..

They were some mistakes on the blue line.

Overall, this was a good game, the bruins on the short end, the 2 most disappointing things are the bruins still havent beaten Miller, and they failed to improve on home ice, this wasnt an awful loss with no effort though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Wow y'all need to relax about this team. They can't win every game. Despite all of our nostalgic connections to the Bruins (my dad passed down his love of the B's to me) this is about entertainment. And as someone else mentioned, a couple of six and seven goal games these last two weeks is a lot of fun to watch. Sprinkle in the fireworks that comes with watching them play the Pens this season ... and I am quite happy with this team.

It's the middle of a long season, there is no reason to start shredding your Bruins jerseys.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Geez, I'm reasonably old school and I'm glad the good old days are gone.  The only thing I miss is that way way back when you didn't really have designated goons and the staged fights.  There was street justice when people fought when someone was out of line, that part worked out well.

Otherwise in the olden days when the puck went into the corner it never came out.  The defenseman's job was to tie up the puck, it was like a rugby scrum back there.  It always was delay of game, but they never called it.

The equipment weight 200 lbs. and was 400 lbs. when set.  Basically you had a bunch of guys skating slow and beating on each other until they actually dropped the gloves.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmar451. Show pmar451's posts

Been a B's fan since '79. truth be told, players skate harder on every play now, compete for pucks in open space harder and rarely coast into the offensive zone anymore. They are better trained athletes and are now coached to play a system and not just skate a lane. The shot blocking and clogging of the scoring areas does make for a slightly duller game in terms of scoring chances. but so does the advent of butterfly style goaltending. The game has evolved. its not better, it's not worse. it's different.

Sections
Shortcuts