I'm sick of the "seguin disappeared" talk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I'm sick of the "seguin disappeared" talk

He didn't. The team changed his role, so he played differently. Would have been nice if he scored a whole bunch of goals, but I thought he played really really well. Very good defensively, good forecheck, good passing, nothing dangerous. They want him to be more like Bergeron and less like Kessel. Don't you? He was arguably the bruins best forward in game 6. He didn't play poorly at all, they asked him to play a role, and he played it very well. Next season he'll be back in the top 6 and he'll score 30 while playing good defense. Or would you rather he score 40 and cheat every opportunity he gets?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Re: I'm sick of the

I like Seguin, and I hope he stays with the team.  But I think his game has to mature to where he trusts himself more and is willing to take more offensive chances again.

I'd like to see him center the 3d line next year and get a couple of new guys -- Soderberg, Spooner? -- to see what they can do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

He didn't. The team changed his role, so he played differently. Would have been nice if he scored a whole bunch of goals, but I thought he played really really well. Very good defensively, good forecheck, good passing, nothing dangerous. They want him to be more like Bergeron and less like Kessel. Don't you? He was arguably the bruins best forward in game 6. He didn't play poorly at all, they asked him to play a role, and he played it very well. Next season he'll be back in the top 6 and he'll score 30 while playing good defense. Or would you rather he score 40 and cheat every opportunity he gets?

Good post. He was snake bitten for goals but played a great twoway game.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

When he got drafted I thought we were getting a future franchise player and a top scorer on the team.  Can he be that?  Yes.  Will I be happy if he becomes a solid all round player like he is now? No. Just because Clode wants him to be responsible defensively doesn't mean he cant fill the net. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Did you all see the pass in overtime that won game 2?

Did you see the hand to stick to Kelly pass that produced the game 6 first goal?

That is high-end, Patrick Kane ability. Done in the Stanley Cup Final. Not a regular season game.

Ever wonder why Seguin doesn't get many in-front of the net goals (like Patrick Kane)? Because he's got to battle for the puck on the boards and in the corners.

Having said all this, Tyler must still learn to slow down, vary his speed and time his bursts. Once he masters that we'll be able to say "Patrick who".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jf19told_ya_so. Show jf19told_ya_so's posts

Give it up. 1 goal = disappeared.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Another thing....

Tyler's eye-hand-stick-feet cor-ordination is so top-class that it even fooled the linesman into calling a hand pass that led to the Hawks first goal.

Can you imagine, if the linesman got that call right. Tuukka would probably have shutout the Hawks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1zY7ZXipqw

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In game 6 with the B's up 2-1 he hits the post.

If that goes in there is a game seven.

He was fine and should move up next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Seguin was terrific in Game 6 and  he should have had the team's third goal on the post shot. He was snake-bitten, I have no issues with Tyler as a player, and I think if anything he became a better all-around player by playing with guys like Kelly, Peverly, Paille, who are forecheck battlers and come back to play defense, back-checking.  Seguin will be fine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

wheat, another way to say this would be that he hasn't yet mastered the art of finding deadzones.  Someone should set him up with video of Bossy and Brett Hull - guys who weren't blazing around like comets, just beating people to the right spots. Seguin plays like Brett's dad but without the snarl.

Are you not entertained?!?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Seguin was great in game 6 and really showed what kind of player he has the potential to be.

Giving up on this kid would be the stupidest thing one could do.

He's 21.

Not every player comes into the league and dominates.

I would rather have a player that starts off slow and finishes strong like Seguin than one who starts off strong and fades like Samsonov.

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Seguin was great in game 6 and really showed what kind of player he has the potential to be.

He's 21.

I would rather have a player that starts off slow and finishes strong like Seguin than one who starts off strong and fades like Samsonov.

"Lighten up Francis"

first, love the "stripes" reference. and second, ya, i really hope dupont was just trolling when he was saying trade seguin. such a stupid idea. even if he just does what he's done the last two seasons (score 30 goals), he's worth 5.75 million with the defense he plays. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

He's 21.

"Lighten up Francis"

Or - how about a star player who doesn't know how to do it in the playoffs?  Like Crosby for example, but Seguin is young enough to improve upon that.  I remember Briere turning in a Seguin like performance in the playoffs, but he was already 30 something at the time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I was happy with Seguins performance. Sure, we all wanted to see more points out of him, but he battled and skated hard. He had plenty of opportunities and that means youre doing something right. He just couldnt score. It happens.

I wasnt really moved by Soderbergs play. Im not gonna really comment much more, because Ive only seen two games out of him, but he looked a step behind. A little slow in his play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The way I see Seguin is that he was extremely raw coming into the league. Lots of speed, good vision and a good shot. I still think he's one of the fastest players in the league with the puck.

Years 1 & 2 - Worked on playing D and backchecking

Years 3 & 4 - Working on getting better in the corners and slowing down his game

Years 4 - retirement - Becoming a top flight 2 way player

I don't think the kid is Crosby or another top 10 player. But I'll gladly take a top 50 and a guy that is better than Kessel.  

And the Stripes reference is great for this board. Lots of posters remind me of Psycho/Francis.

"Lighten up Francis"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I think Seguin will be fine,next season when he get's back with Marchand and Bergeron.but think he has to use his speed more wisely to get to open areas,rather than trying to skate by entire team all the time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

He definitely did not disappear. He was noticeable all the time. He made great plays, set up some BIG goals, and played both ends of the ice. BUT... 8 points in 22 games (-2). Kyle Turris got more points in 2 rounds for Ottawa. 

Seguin did start out on the Bergeron Line, so you can't say that he didn't get the guys to play with. He did get PP time, but not much was happening so he got moved down.

I wish they had kept him on the 2nd line and moved Jagr down. In my opinion, and it is just my opinion, it is clear Jagr has the moves, but not the speed to finish. Seguin appears to have the speed but not the moves. I'd prefer the speed, especially considering how well that line did early in the year. 

Bruin's Fan here. Don't try to understand, just accept it.   

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Me too. Seguin was excellent thruout the playoffs, demonstrating how well he can play Claude's defense first game while setting up teammates for goals or misses[ like Daugavins]. Seguin worked hard and deserves kudos not criticism. As far as Jagr is concerned, Claude needed to find a spot after Chiarelli brought him in for goal scoring. Claude moved him to bergie's line because bergie and Marchand could adapt and still play their game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He needs to use his speed without the puck - offensively - so he can't just be hit and slowed.  His blazing goals vs TBay were there because he took off like a rocket and Ryder found a way to get him the puck in stride.  You should see more of that with Krug and Hamilton on the blueline next year.

Are you not entertained?!?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

In my opinion, and it is just my opinion, it is clear Jagr has the moves, but not the speed to finish. Seguin appears to have the speed but not the moves. I'd prefer the speed, especially considering how well that line did early in the year. 

Bruin's Fan here. Don't try to understand, just accept it.   

my thoughts exactly. if he can work on shooting during the offseason he will be good to go

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I hope he uses his post-season snake bite to his advantage. He has all the tools and has become an excellent 2 way player. I hope the sting of defeat motivates him. The great leap forward offensively is still coming.

In my crystal ball I also see him actually being used on the PK sometime in the future. His backchecking improved by leaps and bounds this year. His speed and stick work neutralized a number of odd man rushes.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----