I'm sick of the "seguin disappeared" talk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Re: I'm sick of the

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Did you all see the pass in overtime that won game 2?

Did you see the hand to stick to Kelly pass that produced the game 6 first goal?

That is high-end, Patrick Kane ability. Done in the Stanley Cup Final. Not a regular season game.

Ever wonder why Seguin doesn't get many in-front of the net goals (like Patrick Kane)? Because he's got to battle for the puck on the boards and in the corners.

Having said all this, Tyler must still learn to slow down, vary his speed and time his bursts. Once he masters that we'll be able to say "Patrick who".

Offensively this is what frustrates me with Seguin, same move continuously, and he almost never gets past the D man. Great speed, good shot, good passer. Defensively he has come a long way and this is no longer a weakness. Overall he is definitely a keeper and will be a top 6 for us for another decade or so I hope.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

gut feeling, I really think we're going to see a huge spike in offensive production from seguin next year. 38 goals - 44 assists - 82 point in 79 games. +24, 14 PPG. a spike of 15 points and 9 goals from his career highs. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Dang it PC should have traded up for Hall!

I knew it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Did you all see the pass in overtime that won game 2?

Did you see the hand to stick to Kelly pass that produced the game 6 first goal?

That is high-end, Patrick Kane ability. Done in the Stanley Cup Final. Not a regular season game.

Ever wonder why Seguin doesn't get many in-front of the net goals (like Patrick Kane)? Because he's got to battle for the puck on the boards and in the corners.

Having said all this, Tyler must still learn to slow down, vary his speed and time his bursts. Once he masters that we'll be able to say "Patrick who".

"It's a testament to high expectations that Tyler Seguin, a 21-year-old who is tied for 14th with 36 even-strength goals over the last two seasons, is considered something of a disappointment because his third season production, including the playoffs when he scored one goal in 22 games, wasn't at the same level of his superb sophomore campaign.

Before throwing Seguin out with the bath water, the Bruins have to recognize that Seguin delivers excellent possession numbers and generated 3.35 shots per game, a pretty healthy increase from 2011-2012 when he was just under three shots per game. The second overall pick from the 2010 draft can show more willingness to go to the hard areas around the net to score, but his hands and gamebreaking speed make him a very valuable commodity going forward."

TSNs take Wheat

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So, 'Dog, you have to clarify for me. On another thread you were ripping Seguin and saying they are no excuses for him not blowing up next year.  Here you're saying they should have grabbed Hall, then immediately quoting a guy who implies that it's silly to say a guy who is close to top 10 in even strength goals in the league is a disappointment.  Not trying to rip you for being inconsistent, but what's your take on Seguin?  For the record.

I'll say this, though - I don't understand how you can be so committed to giving prospects a chance on the one hand, and so quick to gun the best 21 yr old they have in order to start again with a new set of prospects.  That sounds like the old Bruins who would meatgrinder prospects by throwing them to the wolves and if they didn't immediately produce, shipping them out for horse meat.

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

So, 'Dog, you have to clarify for me. On another thread you were ripping Seguin and saying they are no excuses for him not blowing up next year.  Here you're saying they should have grabbed Hall, then immediately quoting a guy who implies that it's silly to say a guy who is close to top 10 in even strength goals in the league is a disappointment.  Not trying to rip you for being inconsistent, but what's your take on Seguin?  For the record.

I'll say this, though - I don't understand how you can be so committed to giving prospects a chance on the one hand, and so quick to gun the best 21 yr old they have in order to start again with a new set of prospects.  That sounds like the old Bruins who would meatgrinder prospects by throwing them to the wolves and if they didn't immediately produce, shipping them out for horse meat.

Are you not entertained?!?!

This is the thing everyone should remember, Tyler is 21! 21 years old. Not 26 and had three seasons of 4, 8 and 9 goals respectively.The guy hasn't turned into the second coming of Steve Stamkos and wow, who has? He has at 21 turned into a respectable 2 way player who in the highest platform available, the SCF's, played  at a high level albeit with no goals to show, but numerous posts. His effort on most nights was off the charts and before we ship him out of town should maybe wait until he's 23 and revisit the prospect. ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The "I knew it" was sarcasm and if the search tool was available I would bring back all of the threads defending Seguin over Hall. I don't think I was ripping (your defenition) Tyler or asking that he be dumped for nothing. I was pretty clear that I thought your statements were excuses.

Again, if I had the chance to explore a top 5 pick in this years draft with a 3rd line wing included that could help me sign Horton becuase of the money it freed up I would be compelled to do it because of the cap.

PS. I showed those stats to Wheat because I knew he would like them (those stats didn't help during the playoffs). And I don't consider Drouin, MacKinnon, Barkov or Monahan "just prospects".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

See Thornton thread for guys who get piled on at way too young an age. Seguin is young, and really he's on course to become a super NHL forward. I agree with one poster who said that he may eventually turn into a PK guy as well. I think he learned something about back checking from Rich Peverly, that's my guess. He sure did a great job of getting back on plays behind him. You can't replace speed skating, he's one of the fastest guys the B's have ever had. If he can return to his scoring form of 11-12, he will be terrific for years to come.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

It would be nice if Julien werent forced to put his best offensive player on a line with player like Paille and Kelly. You get more out of Paille and Kelly but not much out of Seguin. I'll give the kid credit, he never complained and did what was best for the team. I'm pretty confident if he were with Bergeron and Marchand during the playoffs his numbers would look a whole lot different.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The "I knew it" was sarcasm and if the search tool was available I would bring back all of the threads defending Seguin over Hall. I don't think I was ripping (your defenition) Tyler or asking that he be dumped for nothing. I was pretty clear that I thought your statements were excuses.

Again, if I had the chance to explore a top 5 pick in this years draft with a 3rd line wing included that could help me sign Horton becuase of the money it freed up I would be compelled to do it because of the cap.

PS. I showed those stats to Wheat because I knew he would like them (those stats didn't help during the playoffs). And I don't consider Drouin, MacKinnon, Barkov or Monahan "just prospects".

I'd say you were ripping him.  You weren't saying "make a deal to get Mackinnon, Drouin or Monahan, even if it means dealing Seguin.  You were saying look to deal Seguin because there's no excuse for his performance.  He's proved a buttload more than any of the prospects you've said "earned a shot" and you're willing to roll back the clock to start again with another guy who is no more or less a prospect than #1 CS rated Seguin was when he was drafted.

Anyway, I was asking because you do seem to have changed your tune on Seguin, and if anything, I'm more optimistic than I've ever been about those Yzerman comparisons they were making at the draft.  Biggest stage of the year, he was a buzz saw who just couldn't get the puck luck.  I like that a lot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

We wouldn't be having the converstaion if there wasn't a cap crunch. Not having Horton, having Peverley and just barley being under the cap for next years trade deadline will be another "Sturm-Ryder" 09'-10' nightmare.

Horton scoring 35+ in Dallas or Tampa, Seguin and Peverley quite possibly staying in their respective slumps plus still barely being under the cap has me quite concerned. If that makes me a "Seguin basher" so be it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

We wouldn't be having the converstaion if there wasn't a cap crunch. Not having Horton, having Peverley and just barley being under the cap for next years trade deadline will be another "Sturm-Ryder" 09'-10' nightmare.

Horton scoring 35+ in Dallas or Tampa, Seguin and Peverley quite possibly staying in their respective slumps plus still barely being under the cap has me quite concerned. If that makes me a "Seguin basher" so be it.

You mean another "Ryder's on the Sturm" nightmare?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

gut feeling, I really think we're going to see a huge spike in offensive production from seguin next year. 38 goals - 44 assists - 82 point in 79 games. +24, 14 PPG. a spike of 15 points and 9 goals from his career highs. 

I really like your optimism but 38 goals may be a little out of his league. That being said, Seguin will be just fine moving forward.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In PC I trust.  Not buying out Peverly and/or Kelly makes me think that PC feels their careers will bounce back next season or someone might be interested in trading for them.

15. This post has been removed.