I'm so confused as to what they're doing with Hamilton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Re: I'm so confused as to what they're doing with Hamilton

I'll see your confusion and raise you...

Put Hamilton at wing in Thornton's position on the 4th Line. Yup. Then you would have him available for any kid of utility duty (ie. a defenceman goes down) as well as the Power Play.

(we don't need anyone to fight Colton Orr, it's the playoffs, the time for sideshows is done)

I'm aware this will never happen,

but I bet a kid with Dougie's size, speed, athleticism and playmaking/scoring ability plus his defence-first mentality would be a quick study.

I can't stand the thought of leaving all this kid brings, stuck in the Press Box.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to dc-bruins-fan's comment:

McQuaid's size will be very important against the Leafs

There you have it.  Maybe Hamilton is not suited yet for a Leafs team that has led the NHL in hitting .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Why doesnt Boychuck's offensive game get any love on this forum?  I love how Boychuck is selective about when (but absolutely willing) to jump into the play.

His 52 career points over 246 games don't really scream offense.

That number is surprising to me.  I'm more impressed with his offensive decision making than his offensive skill (if that makes any sense).  However, I guess it could be a case of me seeing what I want to see (I always liked the player).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

I'll see your confusion and raise you...

Put Hamilton at wing in Thornton's position on the 4th Line. Yup. Then you would have him available for any kid of utility duty (ie. a defenceman goes down) as well as the Power Play.

(we don't need anyone to fight Colton Orr, it's the playoffs, the time for sideshows is done)

I'm aware this will never happen,

but I bet a kid with Dougie's size, speed, athleticism and playmaking/scoring ability plus his defence-first mentality would be a quick study.

I can't stand the thought of leaving all this kid brings, stuck in the Press Box.

So you want to "Hunwick" him?  Is what you are saying.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

That number is surprising to me.  I'm more impressed with his offensive decision making than his offensive skill (if that makes any sense).  However, I guess it could be a case of me seeing what I want to see (I always liked the player).

He hit his offensive peak in the AHL but it simply never materialized in the bigs.

Happens to many Dmen....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

He hit his offensive peak in the AHL but it simply never materialized in the bigs.

Happens to many Dmen....

As someone who lives in Providence, that year he had w the PBRUINS could have altered my perception.  Bummer though, he was AWESOME that year.

Who would you put on the PP (assuming Dougie in the press box)?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"So you want to "Hunwick" him? Is what you are saying."

I'm not sure what you mean by that - lacerate his spleen, ya mean?

Dougie Hamilton is no Matt Hunwick. The Bruins need him in the line-up, regardless of the rationalizations, people here might make, to the contrary

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

"So you want to "Hunwick" him? Is what you are saying."

I'm not sure what you mean by that - lacerate his spleen, ya mean?

Dougie Hamilton is no Matt Hunwick. The Bruins need him in the line-up, regardless of the rationalizations, people here might make, to the contrary

Hunwick played a couple games as a fourth line wing. 

I wish you could dress a 19th skater.  Allow coaches to get creative....Increase the need for depth (players union would love it)....Why not?  Raise the cap by 1.2 M and allow teams to carry a 19th skater. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Who would you put on the PP (assuming Dougie in the press box)?

I would try Redden back there. He had some damn good offensive seasons with the Sens, quarterbacking an excellent PP. He certainly can't make it any worse.

However, I am sure CJ and Ward will likely go with who they have been going with most of the season.....square pegs, round holes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"I wish you could dress a 19th skater.  Allow coaches to get creative....Increase the need for depth (players union would love it)....Why not?  Raise the cap by 1.2 M and allow teams to carry a 19th skater. " - "Drewskie5'

Yes! Especially in the Playoffs, when it is almost guaranteed that a player will have to leave the game. A Coach would be smart to dedicate that 19 spot to the most versatile in his ranks (in the Bruins' case - in my opinion - Dougie Hamilton)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Darn.  Depriving Boston fans for a 'thank you Kessel' chant when Hamilton scores.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Redden has played as well as any of our rear guards of late.  He deserves to be in there.  Has experience, keeps it simple and can play PP and PK. 

The playoff intensity is something Hamilton should watch for a few games.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Gut feeling but I think it is injury or concussion related.  One of the last games he played he was real slow to get up and looked dazed after a huge collision.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I'd play Redden and Hamilton and put them both on the point of the first power play. Might just bring the PP back to life.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Gut feeling but I think it is injury or concussion related.  One of the last games he played he was real slow to get up and looked dazed after a huge collision.

Jesus Christ.  All you do is post negativity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Yeah, even his guitar is pointing down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Redden has played as well as any of our rear guards of late.  He deserves to be in there.  Has experience, keeps it simple and can play PP and PK. 

The playoff intensity is something Hamilton should watch for a few games.  

Agree with this, Im sure someone has stated this opinion before but, the guy has been a find considering his recent past. Shame he was buried by his contract.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

I'd play Redden and Hamilton and put them both on the point of the first power play. Might just bring the PP back to life.

PP sucks because (insert random percentage here) the forwards are standing still.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I like McQuaid but I'd rather see Hamilton in there. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Julien has a good history of developing rookies, and with a long-term point of view. Part of the learning process is in the stands. Thus Hamilton being in the stands should not be interpreted negatively.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

To me Hamilton's defensive mistakes are the least of the Bruin's problems,but that's Julian coach not to loose attitude.if i was going to bench a defencemen that makes the most mistakes it would be Lurch,majority of goals scored on Bruin goalies here either deflects in or screans the goalie,here's a thought either block the shot or get out of the way.

I'm calling shenanigans on this post

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

That same guitar rocks the TD centre about 3 times a night during Boston games :)  Hey, all I meant is that I saw him get hit pretty hard and he looked hurt.  A couple games later he's a scratch.  

I think Hamilton was one of the bright spots this season and I hope he plays.

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Yeah, even his guitar is pointing down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Pretty sure they would have said something by now if it was an injury. Hard to hide something like that with a highly touted player like Hamilton.

They are probably just going to have him sit in the press box to watch some games and get a feel for playoff intensity. After that stretch of however many games is over or if there is an injury, they will consider putting him in the line up.

I would really hate to not see him play at all, but we will see.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Well Hamilton will be in game 2. AF defineately deserves a game for that blantant elbow to the head of Grabs.

Sections
Shortcuts