Impression of Doug Hamilton's Play last night.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Impression of Doug Hamilton's Play last night.

I finally got a chance to watch 'Dougie' play against the London Knights. It was a good game, with Jared Knight playing for London, so I got to watch 2 prospect for the price of one. This is the only game I've seen so my observations are somewhat limited.

Anyways, I was expecting this over-sized, string-bean who had a very awkward skating stride, and could get away with average skating skills because he was so much bigger than the other players. I was surprised. He is a very fluid skater, very much in control of his play. He reminds me of Scott Neidermeyer. His style of skating and playmaking are so similar. If he can become anything close to that, then this might make the Seguin part of the deal look like the bonus. 

As for Jared Knight, the guy is put out in important situations, and works really hard out when out there. He is smallish but thick (5 11 and almost 200lbs.), and doesn't seem to be super fast, so I wonder if he'll make it. He's compared to Ryan Callahan. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Impression of Doug Hamilton's Play last night.

Knight is playing with a high ankle sprain.  He injured it during a scrap in the first round.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Impression of Doug Hamilton's Play last night.:
    [QUOTE]He reminds me of Scott Neidermeyer. 
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

Perry, S.N. is one of the best skating defensemen in the history of the N.H.L. The guy can absolutely fly. Just sayin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I think Knight is listed at 205. With his low center of gravity, he's gotta be pretty stout.

Can't wait to see Dougie play. If he's smart defensively and he fills out just a little bit, he can be McQuaid defensively. I think that's the easy part. If his offensive game turns into what is projected, we're talking about an absolute beast.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: Impression of Doug Hamilton's Play last night.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Impression of Doug Hamilton's Play last night. : Perry, S.N. is one of the best skating defensemen in the history of the N.H.L. The guy can absolutely fly. Just sayin.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

I agree that SN is one of the best D skaters ever. Loved watching him play, see him take the puck up the ice. What I see, is that Dougie has that style of skating. True it was only one game, but I guess that is why he was rated so high. The B's got lucky to get him. 

As for Jared, I didn't know he was hurt. Maybe that is why I didn't think he was super fast. Great energy level though. Really works hard out there.