In Case You Missed It

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: In Case You Missed It

In response to stevegm's comment:

The master of inconsistency and stubborness should never have started this thread either.  Although he does goad Bass into a hopeless/stupid argument, the fact that this horeshi!t was started by a poster whose publicly stated, "I don't call out posters, I call out opinions" hi-lites the childishness being called out.  Picking 1 incorrect post of almost 1500,.... starting a whole new thread on it....with the sole intent of persuading others to "pile on", is either really trying to be a bully, or a really fragile plea for validation from others.

Interesting thoughts, stevegm.  After weeks of amazing ridiculousness, I figured it would be good to spotlight Mr. Bassfishing's limited knowledge so others could truly see whom they're dealing with when they attempt to right a wrong.

One post out of over 13,500 being used to call out this fool is hardly a black mark on my record of focusing on the facts instead of the person.

I need no validation from anyone here.  I have a good group of internet friends on this site.  I didn't start the thread so Shupe would like me, or so BsL would be kind to me. 

Speaking of starting threads, have you ever started a good one?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Yah, I was trying to engage him into actual discussion.

Plus I'm curious as to whether he really believes what he says or if he just trying to bust balls.

I think he actually believes the conspiracy theory which makes him really really nuts.

The is clearly something wrong with the person in question.  You can't be of sane mind and make hundreds or thousand of troll posts.  If it were stop by, drop five annoying comments and be gone, that would be reasonable.  The person in question spends hours here, reading and replying to everything, starting threads etc.  I would honeslty love to meet him/her to find out the mystery behind it all.

He also watches every B's game.

Very sick individual.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The master of inconsistency and stubborness should never have started this thread either.  Although he does goad Bass into a hopeless/stupid argument, the fact that this horeshi!t was started by a poster whose publicly stated, "I don't call out posters, I call out opinions" hi-lites the childishness being called out.  Picking 1 incorrect post of almost 1500,.... starting a whole new thread on it....with the sole intent of persuading others to "pile on", is either really trying to be a bully, or a really fragile plea for validation from others.

Interesting thoughts, stevegm.  After weeks of amazing ridiculousness, I figured it would be good to spotlight Mr. Bassfishing's limited knowledge so others could truly see whom they're dealing with when they attempt to right a wrong.

One post out of over 13,500 being used to call out this fool is hardly a black mark on my record of focusing on the facts instead of the person.

I need no validation from anyone here.  I have a good group of internet friends on this site.  I didn't start the thread so Shupe would like me, or so BsL would be kind to me. 

Speaking of starting threads, have you ever started a good one?

If that were true ...yes....but it's completely false.  You "regularly" attack the person.  The last line of your above post is another example of the norm.  You're introducing something out of context, attempting to both dodge the issue, and take an unsubstantiated run at me.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Is that a "no"?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

I like this thread.

I like the way NAS engaged the "Writing Clown", then Sandog and others jumped in. Teamwork!

The Writing Clown is nothing but a Pagliacci.

By the way, Shero chose Pittsburgh because they had Crosby. He took the easy way to the Cup. Chiarelli did it the hard way - he earned it. I look forward to a showdown, soon.

Umm, then why did he go to Boston first. It's not like it was a mystery if they were going to have Crosby or not.

So, that makes no sense.

This is exactly why I don't post here.  People are so intimidated they just say "i've never seen someone so wrong thinking he's right".

This actually started in the Montreal/Bruins thread or at the trade deadline with Redden, too. People would just focus on the stupidest things, take things out of context and be combative to be combative.

1. You geeks think you are the only Bruins fans on planet earth and have formed a nerd club here, which is actually somewhat entertaining for the fans who just read you stroking one another. lmao

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.  A bunch of 40 and 50 somethings who either just started watching hockey or need a self esteem boost from supposed master "Bruins knowledge" or "hockey knowledge".

The best is when somme argue over who knows more or who is better to be a GM or coach of this team. That's always fun reading for everyone else.

2. There is no point in posting here when 99% of the nerd clique pretends Jacobs was great for 30 years.  You clearly weren't paying attention for 30 years because I don't know ANY real Bruins fan during that time that was happy with Jacobs.  Some dorks were so enamored with Sinden's coaching background they actually thought he was a good GM, when he was nothing more than a drunken puppet Jacobs wound up and plopped in front of the media.

The irony to that is, Shero raced to Pitt to become their GM mainly due to old Harry leering in the background on Causeway.

Super.

Let's get second best constantly with everything.  And then let's try to spin it as such that we change history so Jacobs and Co look better.  Yay!  I am a loyal fan! Yay!

Look at my loyalty and knowledge on a messageboard! 

first, on insinuating that shero is better than Chiarelli. Shero has been good, but I don't think he's been spectacular. the one real important draft pick he had he screwed up, taking staal over toews. the hossa trade, at the time was bad. Luckily for pittsburgh Esposito just never panned out. The Neal deal was great, no denying that, but then again you probably don't know the details of that trade so why bother. 

got it, we're all 50 or 12 (it's funny actually, i said i was 25 and you said that's even worse, so what age is acceptable to the almighty). We're geeks. This place is horrible because we don't believe in weird conspiracy theories, and believe facts. I think a lot of people here think that jacobs was a really bad owner for a long time. You didn't say that, and have people disagree with you. You said he cheaped out with Orr. He didn't. That's a fact. 

You think we're all losers? okay. Let me ask you a question though, what's lower than you. You come on here to post, knowing that nobody wants you to post, nobody wants you here, and everyone would be absolutely thrilled if you never posted again because A. you just like to read your own words and try to be a know it all (pathetic attempt at that), or B. you want to annoy strangers. We come here because we enjoy discussing hockey with each other. Your life is pathetic. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is exactly why I don't post here.

If that's the case, who wrote that post?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I like this thread.

I like the way NAS engaged the "Writing Clown", then Sandog and others jumped in. Teamwork!

By the way, Shero chose Pittsburgh because they had Crosby. He took the easy way to the Cup. Chiarelli did it the hard way - he earned it. I look forward to a showdown, soon.

Umm, then why did he go to Boston first. It's not like it was a mystery if they were going to have Crosby or not.

So, that makes no sense.

This is exactly why I don't post here.  People are so intimidated they just say "i've never seen someone so wrong thinking he's right".

This actually started in the Montreal/Bruins thread or at the trade deadline with Redden, too. People would just focus on the stupidest things, take things out of context and be combative to be combative.

1. You geeks think you are the only Bruins fans on planet earth and have formed a nerd club here, which is actually somewhat entertaining for the fans who just read you stroking one another. lmao

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.  A bunch of 40 and 50 somethings who either just started watching hockey or need a self esteem boost from supposed master "Bruins knowledge" or "hockey knowledge".

The best is when somme argue over who knows more or who is better to be a GM or coach of this team. That's always fun reading for everyone else.

2. There is no point in posting here when 99% of the nerd clique pretends Jacobs was great for 30 years.  You clearly weren't paying attention for 30 years because I don't know ANY real Bruins fan during that time that was happy with Jacobs.  Some dorks were so enamored with Sinden's coaching background they actually thought he was a good GM, when he was nothing more than a drunken puppet Jacobs wound up and plopped in front of the media.

The irony to that is, Shero raced to Pitt to become their GM mainly due to old Harry leering in the background on Causeway.

Super.

Let's get second best constantly with everything.  And then let's try to spin it as such that we change history so Jacobs and Co look better.  Yay!  I am a loyal fan! Yay!

first, on insinuating that shero is better than Chiarelli. Shero has been good, but I don't think he's been spectacular. the one real important draft pick he had he screwed up, taking staal over toews. the hossa trade, at the time was bad. Luckily for pittsburgh Esposito just never panned out. The Neal deal was great, no denying that, but then again you probably don't know the details of that trade so why bother. 

got it, we're all 50 or 12 (it's funny actually, i said i was 25 and you said that's even worse, so what age is acceptable to the almighty). We're geeks. This place is horrible because we don't believe in weird conspiracy theories, and believe facts. I think a lot of people here think that jacobs was a really bad owner for a long time. You didn't say that, and have people disagree with you. You said he cheaped out with Orr. He didn't. That's a fact. 

You think we're all losers? okay. Let me ask you a question though, what's lower than you. You come on here to post, knowing that nobody wants you to post, nobody wants you here, and everyone would be absolutely thrilled if you never posted again because A. you just like to read your own words and try to be a know it all (pathetic attempt at that), or B. you want to annoy strangers. We come here because we enjoy discussing hockey with each other. Your life is pathetic. 

No. You come here to boost your self esteem and make internet friends. If you came here t genuinely talk hockey, Millenial, you would do just that and not be following people around trying to tell them what opinion to have on a topic.

When I was 25, I wasn't glued to a mouse, a video game controller, etc, like you are. 

THAT is what is pathetic, kid.  Get out of the house.  Travel. See the world. Do something other than try to make friends on a board defending your perfect image of the Boston Bruins and anything pertaining to the Boston Bruins.

PS I don't care if you or anyone doesn't want me here. I have no issues talking hockey, football or music with normal adults. You're not one of them, obviously.

I weep for the future. Ugh.

First thread I opened. It seems to just go online to argue with people. Same story just replace Jacobs with Belichick.

Re: Are all

posted at 5/19/2013 12:40 PM EDT

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Well, then the flavor of the month teams like Pitt, Balt and the Giants have a lot of busts. Has Cameron Heyward been starting in Pitt?

LMAO

The point, I guess, is that everyone has a lot of "busts" in this part of the draft--Belichick isn't much different from anyone else, neither better or worse for the most part.  Luck probably plays as big a factor as anything in this part of the draft . . .

He's no different than anyone else except for the fact he doesn't whiff in Rd 1 like MANY GMs do and no one uses FA in conjunction with the draft (and UDFAs) as well as he does.

I have to say these discussions have grown incredibly tiresome, worse than the shotgun spread debates.

These are kids from college and no one has a clue how they will start off and/or progress in the NFL.  The immaturity and naive behavior from frauds like Texas Troll and other dorks who think they know more than BB is embarrassing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good stuff, Kel.  Looks like Pats fans and B's fans (which are very, very different people when it comes to who posts where on BDC) have something in common:  Both are full of dorks who think they know more than (fill in executive) and both need Mr. BassfishingII to set them straight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I like this thread.

So, that makes no sense.

Super.

No. You come here to boost your self esteem and make internet friends. If you came here t genuinely talk hockey, Millenial, you would do just that and not be following people around trying to tell them what opinion to have on a topic.

When I was 25, I wasn't glued to a mouse, a video game controller, etc, like you are. 

THAT is what is pathetic, kid.  Get out of the house.  Travel. See the world. Do something other than try to make friends on a board defending your perfect image of the Boston Bruins and anything pertaining to the Boston Bruins.

PS I don't care if you or anyone doesn't want me here. I have no issues talking hockey, football or music with normal adults. You're not one of them, obviously.

I weep for the future. Ugh.

Travel? I've been to 42 states (I think, unless there's one I'm forgetting). I've been to Canada, Mexico, Italy, Ireland, Scotland, England, Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden....I feel like I'm forgetting something here. Oh and as of last year I was playing college hockey. So I wouldn't say I've been glued to a screen. It does make life easier though, doesn't it?

If you want to talk hockey with normal adults, by your definition, I suggest you find another forum. We aren't normal here, isn't it terrible?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bass,

Just take your lumps and move forward. We've all argued each other here, but for the most part we tend to keep it respectful. Alot of inside jokes, and that makes it even funner. I've gone at with NAS plenty of times (see goalie equipment thread) we went back and forth for two plus days, and it was hilarious. A welcome distraction from everyday life and more knowledgable and passionate hockey fans you will not find anywhere else.

Little advice:If your going to go at it with posters such s NAS,Dez,San,Chowda etc...you gotta check your facts. A little homework goes along way. And Fletch, I could be sitting on a beach getting a sun burn and that loser could word up a sentence that has me convinced it's raining out.

Choose your battles. And when i say choose your battles, I mean argue with Nite, that dick hasnt won an argument or a hockey game since they started curving sticks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Choose your battles. And when i say choose your battles, I mean argue with Nite, that dick hasnt won an argument or a hockey game since they started curving sticks.

Oh man.  That's the funniest thing I've heard here probably ever.

I'm dying right now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"You geeks think you are the only Bruins fans on planet earth and have formed a nerd club here, which is actually somewhat entertaining for the fans who just read you stroking one another. lmao"

Just when I thought I couldn't laugh anymore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

God, what a b*tchfest. Luckily I've been enjoying watching the Bs for the last couple of games (you guys should be too-all of us being Bs fans we deserve it)  to notice the misery and negativity here. NAS, you are some piece of work.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Is that a "no"?

No, Not-a-Shot, that's not a no. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Is that a "no"?

Didn't you have a different avaitor last year ?  Just curious

No, Not-a-Shot, that's not a no. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Oh god. What a troll. I was thinking of the Hawks and B's trade from a decade earlier when I mispoke. Doesn't change the fact that Jacobs didn't reaally care about the team, but he cared about money, exclusively, first and foremost.  Get over it.  It's the truth even for little Jacobs Apologists and minions who kept feeding his pockets through 2004 and 2005 in that quite vault named the Fleetcenter or whatever corporate flavor of the day he'd put it up for bids for back then.

The point is, Jacobs let Orr walk for nothing when it would have made more sense to at least keep him on the team and maybe reduce his minutes.

They were too cheap AND he got nothing because they refused to trade him a year earlier.

You've spent a decent amount of time bragging about all of the time you spent in the old Garden.  Weren't you lining Jacobs' pocket also?

Never paid for one ticket in my life. I probably had some hotdogs and cokes from time to time, sure.

Wait, so you brag about going to the games, but then sit on your high horse about never having spent your own money for a ticket?  You are pretty much looking down on people who have brought you to games.  Way to spit in their faces.

Refusing to spend your own money on a Bruins game while allowing others to treat you to what you feel is a bad investment is narcissism.  Try returning a favor for once.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

God, what a b*tchfest. Luckily I've been enjoying watching the Bs for the last couple of games (you guys should be too-all of us being Bs fans we deserve it)  to notice the misery and negativity here. NAS, you are some piece of work.

Are you kidding?  He's arguing with Bassfishing.  Bassfishing's a major tool.  BDC kicks him off the site every other month.  He was previously known as BBReigns, RidingWithTheKing1 and 2 and a crapload of other names.  As soon as BDC kicks him off, he creates a new name like Null does (ColonCampbell, NHLOA, etc.)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Are you kidding?  He's arguing with Bassfishing.  Bassfishing's a major tool.  BDC kicks him off the site every other month.  He was previously known as BBReigns, RidingWithTheKing1 and 2 and a crapload of other names.  As soon as BDC kicks him off, he creates a new name like Null does (ColonCampbell, NHLOA, etc.)

Hah...I knew it was him!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I understand the context. But the arguing's becoming a big turn off on this board.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I understand the context. But the arguing's becoming a big turn off on this board.

Yeah, I can agree with that when good posters start with never ending arguments.  NAS/Chowda or NAS/Dez was very aggravating.  Bassfishing is a tool and I have no problem with someone calling him out on it.  I can see your point however when the arguments happen on a bunch of threads but, in this case, I have no problem with it and actually find it quite entertaining. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, I can agree with that when good posters start with never ending arguments.  NAS/Chowda or NAS/Dez was very aggravating.  Bassfishing is a tool and I have no problem with someone calling him out on it.  I can see your point however when the arguments happen on a bunch of threads but, in this case, I have no problem with it and actually find it quite entertaining. 

Despite the attempts by the fool to fight with every poster in every thread, it seems as if the disease has been contained here. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I hated the Jacobs/Sinden era. I do feel Sinden was a chump and jacobs monkey. I always felt the B's were a couple players away from making a push for the cup, but it never happened. I feel management just rode the Neely/Bourque wave all the way until they called it quits. Always a day late and a dollar short with the B's organization.

The team they currently have now is a masterpiece and has been for several years now. Ive relished the time watching this team for the past 5-6 years. Such a special group of players we have, which will come to an end some day.