In Case You Missed It

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: In Case You Missed It

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

God, what a b*tchfest. Luckily I've been enjoying watching the Bs for the last couple of games (you guys should be too-all of us being Bs fans we deserve it)  to notice the misery and negativity here. NAS, you are some piece of work.

Are you kidding?  He's arguing with Bassfishing.  Bassfishing's a major tool.  BDC kicks him off the site every other month.  He was previously known as BBReigns, RidingWithTheKing1 and 2 and a crapload of other names.  As soon as BDC kicks him off, he creates a new name like Null does (ColonCampbell, NHLOA, etc.)

I am supposed to be offended that some dorky kid mod who makes 5.95 an hour is censoring me or kicking me off, while allowing blatant trolls to troll? lol!

I create a new name because I have to.  I don't do anything different than anyone else.

Every time I confront an insecure dork who has some kind of a board status here, apparently that's a taboo thing to do.

The only tools here are board dorks like yourself who think this is some treehouse clubhouse group.  To take this stuff so seriously, I feel completely sorry for you, assuming you aren't a 10 year old kid.

And, the thing is, you aren't which means you are a complete toolshed.

i'm really curious...how old are you ridingwiththeking?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

see, nobody here is saying that jacobs didn't do some bad things, you're just wrong about how he dealt with orr.  very very wrong. and oh okay so you're 37 but all these 40 year olds are terrible, and these 25 year olds are the worst. what a joke. and yes, Redden should probably replace Krug when he's fully healthy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

The funniest part is defintely the age argument.  Cool

I am the right age apparently.  Mid 30's.  Woot Woot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

I hated the Jacobs/Sinden era. I do feel Sinden was a chump and jacobs monkey. I always felt the B's were a couple players away from making a push for the cup, but it never happened. I feel management just rode the Neely/Bourque wave all the way until they called it quits. Always a day late and a dollar short with the B's organization.

The team they currently have now is a masterpiece and has been for several years now. Ive relished the time watching this team for the past 5-6 years. Such a special group of players we have, which will come to an end some day.

Do you think Sinden should have not done what his boss told him to do and gotten fired?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I hated the Jacobs/Sinden era. I do feel Sinden was a chump and jacobs monkey. I always felt the B's were a couple players away from making a push for the cup, but it never happened. I feel management just rode the Neely/Bourque wave all the way until they called it quits. Always a day late and a dollar short with the B's organization.

The team they currently have now is a masterpiece and has been for several years now. Ive relished the time watching this team for the past 5-6 years. Such a special group of players we have, which will come to an end some day.

Do you think Sinden should have not done what his boss told him to do and gotten fired?

No, not at all. I get it, its a business. It was just frustrating when other teams were having no problem doing more than the B's. But with Chirelli and Neely at the helms, it appears these two have more room to work with. Almost as if the reigns have been taken off the organization, in which they can do alot that Sinden couldnt do. Of course they have a cap to maintain, but I think with these two in charge, they have a better understanding of what players fit nicely with team. Also, they have done a great job keeping the players they have. Have you ever seen a team that is so solid all around. The only team the B's had that can sort of compare was the year Bill Guerin was on the team. The B's looked destined to win a cup that year and then lost in the first round. Thorton got hurt that playoffs and was awful. Sorry, I dont remember the year that was, its been a while.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Sergei Gonchar and Michael Nylander, 04 run...

when the B's tried to improve its PP they dealt
    away Juneau for Iafrate.

But the team made one of the best deals 
    when they got Anson Carter, Jason Allison for Oates.

They also got Dafoe, Khristich in deal for Stumpel.

B's had some good moves prior to Chiarelli, and some
    were geared to getting young talent for old. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

away Juneau for Iafrate.

Ah Hah.....Nice memory....

I always felt the B's traded for washed up players, because it was a name thing. Why is it the RedWings always get the best out of the superstars that are considered over the hill. They always scrounge up these type players and end up getting out of them, what no other team could possibly do, given the chance. Im not saying the B's always did this with the older named player, but it seemed to happen more times than not. Same goes for the Russian player we picked up, whos name escapes me. He got hurt years back and we paid him forever.....Uhhhh brain fart....Someone help me out. I feel like he just came off the books several years ago....LTIR.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

away Juneau for Iafrate.

good to see you post !  thanks for that trip down memory lane....I have not thought about any one of those old Bruins till you posted....keep em coming danny

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The point is, Jacobs let Orr walk for nothing when it would have made more sense to at least keep him on the team and maybe reduce his minutes.

They were too cheap AND he got nothing because they refused to trade him a year earlier.

They offered him a huge stake in team ownership.  That's cheap?  WTH is wrong with you?

If you believe that.  I don't believe anything Jacobs said from 1975 through 2005.

Like I said in the other thread, the offer was proven in a court of law, and was used as character evidence in Eagleson's criminal sentencing. Let me repeat - It was PROVEN to be TRUE in COURT.

So yes, I believe it, because it is an indisputable fact.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

No, not at all. I get it, its a business. It was just frustrating when other teams were having no problem doing more than the B's. But with Chirelli and Neely at the helms, it appears these two have more room to work with. Almost as if the reigns have been taken off the organization, in which they can do alot that Sinden couldnt do. Of course they have a cap to maintain, but I think with these two in charge, they have a better understanding of what players fit nicely with team. Also, they have done a great job keeping the players they have. Have you ever seen a team that is so solid all around. The only team the B's had that can sort of compare was the year Bill Guerin was on the team. The B's looked destined to win a cup that year and then lost in the first round. Thorton got hurt that playoffs and was awful. Sorry, I dont remember the year that was, its been a while.

Alexy Zhamnov.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Alexy Zhamnov.....

Yep, thats who I was thinking of. Thanks Bgriff. LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

BassFishin, RWTK, what-ever stupid name you come up with. "Millenials" you're a piece of work. You honestly think that 5 or 7 or 9 years makes a difference? You're like the guy that says everyone driving faster than him is a maniac and anyone going slower is a moron, and then of top of that if they are going to same speed they are a pain in the bass. All you do is argue and then try to be the voice of reason. I have a hint for you, just because you have a different opinion doesn't make you objective or reasonable. Just because someone's opinion is coming from their brain and they are a fan of the team doesn't mean they are blind followers. I have followed and loved the Bruins since I can remember. I remember watching Bourque and Neely and Oates play together as a kid. I was too young to remember the original Garden unfortunately, but I was there once (ok it was for the Circus, you got me there) but that doesn't make you more or less knowledgable just because you have been around longer.

Speaking of Dafoe, I was at the game where he fought Kolzig. There was a lot of laughing because they are good friends, but I still remember it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Samsonov i think had the contract. also don't forget Rosey Ruzicka, for one year, he was a phenomenal goal scorer.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

BassFishin, RWTK, what-ever stupid name you come up with. "Millenials" you're a piece of work. You honestly think that 5 or 7 or 9 years makes a difference? You're like the guy that says everyone driving faster than him is a maniac and anyone going slower is a moron, and then of top of that if they are going to same speed they are a pain in the bass. All you do is argue and then try to be the voice of reason. I have a hint for you, just because you have a different opinion doesn't make you objective or reasonable. Just because someone's opinion is coming from their brain and they are a fan of the team doesn't mean they are blind followers. I have followed and loved the Bruins since I can remember. I remember watching Bourque and Neely and Oates play together as a kid. I was too young to remember the original Garden unfortunately, but I was there once (ok it was for the Circus, you got me there) but that doesn't make you more or less knowledgable just because you have been around longer.

Speaking of Dafoe, I was at the game where he fought Kolzig. There was a lot of laughing because they are good friends, but I still remember it.

Absolutely. You'd think it wouldn't but it does.  It's because Gen Xers weren't born around cable tv, obsessing over video games and the internet.

Absolutely. It's a fine line and I am not sure this 2000-2010 new Gen (Gen Z) is going to be any better. Very creepy watching 3 year olds glued to an iPad.

I agree, with your other comments about it not making me more knowledgeable, but I also didn't mouth off to people who possibly had more knowledge or experience when I was 20 or 25.

I learned from those people.   I do not care about this whole fanboy "competition thing that goes on here with the toolish board regulars.

And, it's downright comical they try to paint me as some newbie or bandwagon fan because they feel like someone who isn't a regular here, might, just might be as knowledgeable as they are.

I am not changing my opinions to ease the delicate sensibilties of some dork fanboy like NAS.

I take it he didn't get layed on his date last night.he is still miserable.i gave him a tip for his date but guess he didn't listen.Lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

How is this thread still going. Just ignore BassFishing and get it over with.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts