In Case You Missed It

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: In Case You Missed It

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Agree, but who do you think has been the more genuine and passionate owner, and I couldn't stand Lemieux, but it's Lemieux.

Let me tell you something:

You guys are all in the minority defending the Jacobs from 1975-2005, so let's just leave it at that because it's in the past anyway.

All I am saying is, he doesn't get some free pass in the future. I don't trust him and never will.

How many times has Jacobs put the team in backruptcy?  How many times have the B's asked the players to defer their paychecks so it could pay other bills?  How many times have the B's traded their #1 player for next to nothing because of it's inability to make contract payments?

Bruins:  0

Penguins:  2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"You guys are all in the minority defending the Jacobs from 1975-2005, so let's just leave it at that because it's in the past anyway."

See until you own your own business things like how Jacobs ran the team might upset you. It's his money, he went and got the finance. People get all upset about how Jerry Jones tries to be a GM, it doesn't bother me becuase it's Jerry's money he can do what he wants.

Big difference between what Shero walked in with in Pittsburgh and what Chiarelli walked into Boston with. Much tougher hill for Chiarealli to climb when you think of the players and draft picks Shero had to work with.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Umm, no I didn't because no Blackhawks star players or picks came back in return. Like I said, I had the Hawks/B's trade from '67 in my head as I was typing. My mistake.

You mean the Martin/Marcotte/Norris for Esposito/Stanfield/Hodge deal? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You defending Jacobs walking from Orr in 1976 is a joke. What a convenient excuse to blame another crook in Eagleson.

There isn't a knowledgable Bruins fan on Earth that will ever take a thing you say seriously again.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"You defending Jacobs walking from Orr in 1976 is a joke. What a convenient excuse to blame another crook in Eagleson."

Eagleson wouldn't allow the ownership to talk to Bobby, Jacobs didn't walk away from anything. Orr left as a free agent becuase of Eagleson not because of Boston, Bruins management tried to keep Orr by offering an ownership stake.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Big difference between what Shero walked in with in Pittsburgh and what Chiarelli walked into Boston with. Much tougher hill for Chiarealli to climb when you think of the players and draft picks Shero had to work with.

Us not wanting to pay more for Shero has nothing to do with Shero inheriting a better roster. And, I agree about Jerry Jones, but he sucks and their fans are annoyed.

Shero wanted more control in picking the groceries and drafting Sinden would not let him in their negotiations. The money wasn't the issue and Pittsburgh had better players and draft picks waiting.

After the public outcry on Sinden trying to stay too involved, Jacobs finally made Sinden retire and then hired Chiarelli. Nothing to do with money, it had to do with control.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

okay the age thing is starting to get hilarious. he says you're either 12 or 50. Now, I'm just going to point something out. Most smart people, when literally everyone disgrees with them, examines the possibility that they're wrong. Dumb people just keep saying the world is wrong and they're right.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sure, sure. You're the guy claims he got a "handy" in the balcony of a sold out arena where you can barely fit into the seats and people are mere centimeters side by side from one another.

Who are you kidding here?  You're a 40 something desperate for a friend. 

Did you look over to Fred Cusick and give him the thumbs up, too? lol

Oops, never said it was sold out.  More lies from you.

Null knows more about the Bruins than you do.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Nope I taught school to many a fine students, history, and I will say your logic on JJ and other capitalists is just sooooo 19th century.  Get a clue dude.  Ego tripping!  Mind splatterings of nihilism!  Talk straight hockey, Shero picked Crosby!  PC was picked and big Z was the result.  So how did JJ do wrong spending to the cap and above since the days of the first Cap driven agreement of 2004.  Read before you write.  

In response to islamorada's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Didn't want to, definitely would avoid eating and drinking in there, and yes, someone had to take the free tickets. Yes.

Also, I admit Jacobs is an absolute crook and you don't. That's the difference.

It doesn't matter now. He got what he wanted. He gets the exact budgets within the life of the CBA he knows he can handle, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't watched by the fans either.

That's the point here.  He's always overseeing everything. Make no mistake.

Okay, so you bust on us for lining Jacobs' pockets when you have done the same thing.

You bust on Jacobs' for being a businessman.

If he were so detrimental to the team's terrible playoff record in the 80's (let's ignore their regular season record with division finishes of 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 4th, 3rd, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd), how much credit do you give to him for the Cup victory in 2011?

Little to zero except his hiring of Neely really brought a lot of accountability to the front office, as did leaning on the intelligent Don Sweeney in the sort of the development area of the younger players.

Two more cues, Jacobs took from the Krafts. What that francise needed was to look itself in the face and stop making excuses. He finally did that.

Why should Jacobs get any credit?  Chia has worked out as has Claude, but that has very little to do with Jacobs.

It's not like he invented the wheel here.

Please explain that brillant remark.  That is sort of like saying Kennedy had no connection to landing a man on the moon!  Yikes.  

I'll be happy to explain it:

Evern a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.  Shero was Boston's 1st choice (funny how they got Iginla, oh my, this is too easy) and Chia is the one who hired Claude, not Jacobs. So, second choice Chia hired Claude. 

Jacobs, Bettman, these little moneygrabbing dweebs aren't hockey people. Never have been, never will be. They see dollar signs and that's it.

Capiche?

Your retrort is like a short bus rider reciting his grammar lessons on the way to school.

"YIKES"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"You defending Jacobs walking from Orr in 1976 is a joke. What a convenient excuse to blame another crook in Eagleson."

Eagleson wouldn't allow the ownership to talk to Bobby, Jacobs didn't walk away from anything. Orr left as a free agent becuase of Eagleson not because of Boston, Bruins management tried to keep Orr by offering an ownership stake.

Yes, Eagleson had magical powers to keep anyone in the Bruins organization where he played for 10 years, to keep them from speaking to Orr.

I would say all sides lost in that one, minus Eagleson. Bruins thought Orr was done, Eagleson knew he could get Orr more elsewhere, so he did.

You don't offer a player 18% of an organization if you don't care about the player. You said you knew what went on but you don't and you are reaching for something that isn't there.

Orr made a mistake and he has freely admitted that his loyalty to Eagleson cost him dearly.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ok, so how is that better than what I just said?!  If it's not the money but drunken, old Harry still meddling, how is this a good thing?

Get Harry the F out of there!  What was he even still doing there with a keycard and an office at that point?!

Good grief!  You say that as if it's a proud piece of info to unveil on this topic.

White flag.

Switch battle.

Still wrong.

Next white flag ready.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

New ref

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

WOW -- Just read all 70 posts on this blog and I'm totally exhausted. Feel like I just skated the entire game plus overtime. I'm hoping a couple cups of coffee and I'll be ready for game 3 -- Kings vs Sharks.

Can't wait til tomorrow -- Game 2 -- Go Bruins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He spearheaded two lockouts in 10 years to structure finances for his wants and needs, so that's how he did wrong.  He locked out the game for the fans because his margins weren't big enough.

Please get a college degree before YOU write.

This is hilarious. I don't know one Bruins fan, EVER, who defends Jacobs like this. Your little group are a bunch of Jacobs minions. What, are you on the payroll? 

If Jacobs was able to shut down the NHL on two separate occasions for the purpose of advancing his own financial agenda, then I have a lot more respect for him as a businessman than I previously did.

That's a heck of a powerful man!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

okay the age thing is starting to get hilarious. he says you're either 12 or 50. Now, I'm just going to point something out. Most smart people, when literally everyone disgrees with them, examines the possibility that they're wrong. Dumb people just keep saying the world is wrong and they're right.

What am I wrong about on the Jacobs topic? Jacobs and Sinden didn't win a Cup in the 30 years each arrogant moron used the Bruins fans and the Bruins as a prop to make money.

Period.

Most fans who got duped by that regime would admit this, unless you're a moron.

you're wrong about everything you've ever said about the bruins

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

So your argument about the lack of success of Bs over the many years Delaware North ownership now is focused on how JJ influenced the CBA.  Now you have to explain the connectiion.  It should be interesting. 

Nope I taught school to many a fine students, history, and I will say your logic on JJ and other capitalists is just sooooo 19th century.  Get a clue dude.  Ego tripping!  Mind splatterings of nihilism!  Talk straight hockey, Shero picked Crosby!  PC was picked and big Z was the result.  So how did JJ do wrong spending to the cap and above since the days of the first Cap driven agreement of 2004.  Read before you write.  

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Didn't want to, definitely would avoid eating and drinking in there, and yes, someone had to take the free tickets. Yes.

Also, I admit Jacobs is an absolute crook and you don't. That's the difference.

It doesn't matter now. He got what he wanted. He gets the exact budgets within the life of the CBA he knows he can handle, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't watched by the fans either.

That's the point here.  He's always overseeing everything. Make no mistake.

Okay, so you bust on us for lining Jacobs' pockets when you have done the same thing.

You bust on Jacobs' for being a businessman.

If he were so detrimental to the team's terrible playoff record in the 80's (let's ignore their regular season record with division finishes of 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 4th, 3rd, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd), how much credit do you give to him for the Cup victory in 2011?

Little to zero except his hiring of Neely really brought a lot of accountability to the front office, as did leaning on the intelligent Don Sweeney in the sort of the development area of the younger players.

Two more cues, Jacobs took from the Krafts. What that francise needed was to look itself in the face and stop making excuses. He finally did that.

Why should Jacobs get any credit?  Chia has worked out as has Claude, but that has very little to do with Jacobs.

It's not like he invented the wheel here.

Please explain that brillant remark.  That is sort of like saying Kennedy had no connection to landing a man on the moon!  Yikes.  

I'll be happy to explain it:

Evern a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.  Shero was Boston's 1st choice (funny how they got Iginla, oh my, this is too easy) and Chia is the one who hired Claude, not Jacobs. So, second choice Chia hired Claude. 

Jacobs, Bettman, these little moneygrabbing dweebs aren't hockey people. Never have been, never will be. They see dollar signs and that's it.

Capiche?

Your retrort is like a short bus rider reciting his grammar lessons on the way to school.

"YIKES"

He spearheaded two lockouts in 10 years to structure finances for his wants and needs, so that's how he did wrong.  He locked out the game for the fans because his margins weren't big enough.

Please get a college degree before YOU write.

This is hilarious. I don't know one Bruins fan, EVER, who defends Jacobs like this. Your little group are a bunch of Jacobs minions. What, are you on the payroll? 

Sections
Shortcuts