In Case You Missed It

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: In Case You Missed It

In response to DrCC's comment:

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to DrCC's comment:

What's this obsession with high school cliques, anyway?

You like clubs and cliques?   Wow. 

You constantly classify people using adolescent terminology.  You assign generational characteristics to people while knowing little, if anything about them.  I don't think there is a single other poster here that refers to others using labels as much as you do.  The reference to an obsession with cliques was a reference to you.

Look at the Doc posting with a snarl.  You are like Chris Kelly (in a good way).  Just because the snarl doesnt come out often, doesnt mean it isnt there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11L67Nven8U

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"The Headless Horseman's still throwing punches!"

One of my favorites of Jack's ever.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

None of that changes the fact that the B's never traded Bobby Orr, but they did try to sign him by offering him 18.6% of the franchise, which Alan Eagleson failed to reveal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I live in Quincy MA.  Literally every single person who works at any grocery store near me is either a high schooler or an old person.  I think you may be right on some of your points, but some of your generalizations are way off the mark.  I see young people (high school/college age) working all over the place.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

None of that changes the fact that the B's never traded Bobby Orr, but they did try to sign him by offering him 18.6% of the franchise, which Alan Eagleson failed to reveal.

Or that he overly generalizes entire generations, is the first one to fling personal attacks, puts words in people's mouths, shows a general inability to engage in a civil disagreement....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

"The Headless Horseman's still throwing punches!"

One of my favorites of Jack's ever.

I wouldnt say that its hard for me to watch a bruins game without Jack (b/c I still love the Bruins)...But he absolutely adds to the experience.  Huge Jack fan.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Or that he overly generalizes entire generations, is the first one to fling personal attacks, puts words in people's mouths, shows a general inability to engage in a civil disagreement....

You have got to be kidding me. Did you just say "shows a general inability to engage in civil disagreement" to NAS?

LMAO!

That is beyond rich right there, Drewski.

Weren't you the guy who was on the Sox board whining about the brilliance of Belichick as a GM last month?

NEWSFLASH: Every single thing Chia tries to do is mirroring the principles of what Belichick's formula is since he created it back in his days in Cleveland.

I am totally cool with agreeing to disagreeing, what I don't like is ignorance tied to arrogance.  Very annoying.

It's ok to be compeltely wrong, which you were in that debate. Big time.

You wouldnt know if I was wrong in that debate.  You didnt read one thing I wrote.  You manipulated all of my arguments into what you wanted them to be, so you could set up your counter points.

Thats water under the bridge.  Doc tried to warn you.  I even told you to listen to the Doc, as he had your best interest in mind.  You completely refused to take the good Doc's advice and continued to fling insults.  You whine about being viewed as an outsider.  Im going to go out on a limb and say: this probably isnt the first time thta you've had trouble making friends.  Probably why you are so obsessed with cliques.

And PC didnt graduate from Harvard to copy Bill Bellicheck.  Maybe he models some things after / learned some things from Bill, but he's a darn good hockey GM in my eyes. 

And again, quoting someone and then writing LMAO shows an inability to articulate what exactly you disagree with.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

oh no this thread took another turn , it'll never end now .LOL Damn you NAS !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lot of reading on here.

BassFishing are you also RidingWithTheKing 1 & 2?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If PC models himself after anyone, it's Ken Holland - consistantly keeping a strong core together, but tweaking it slightly year by year so there is never a major drop-off in overall performance, and improve the team through small trades, but more importantly through developping your prospects and good pro-scouting as well to know who out there can currently or potentially fill the team's needs. He also has similarities to Bill Torrey.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Whatever happened to your brother?  He doesnt come around much anymore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Whatever happened to your brother?  He doesnt come around much anymore.

Good memory. He's on Twitter  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and Drew, I'm still holding that rain check from 3 years ago  on that beer

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yes. I'd prefer to not be banned so many times for do nothing different than what others have done to me (using names in discussions), but yes.  The mods are hypocrits, as we know. They allow blatant trolling by other jealous fanbases and then ban diehard fans for returning fire.

I've never been banned.  Nite hasn't been banned.  Dez hasn't been banned.  SanDog hasn't been banned.

Maybe your approach is wrong?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

The food I bought in there or the concerts I went too, etc, was more than what she did, not to mention the amounts of Bruins shirts, jerseys, hats, etc, I bought.

Oh, okay.  So, you did line Jacobs' pockets with the rest of us.

Didn't want to, definitely would avoid eating and drinking in there, and yes, someone had to take the free tickets. Yes.

Also, I admit Jacobs is an absolute crook and you don't. That's the difference.

It doesn't matter now. He got what he wanted. He gets the exact budgets within the life of the CBA he knows he can handle, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't watched by the fans either.

That's the point here.  He's always overseeing everything. Make no mistake.

What is your attraction to Belichek?

American football is the stupidest sport on the face of this planet. No brain or skill is required. Argue all you want.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

and Drew, I'm still holding that rain check from 3 years ago  on that beer

Next time you're in Boston, my friend.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Yes. I'd prefer to not be banned so many times for do nothing different than what others have done to me (using names in discussions), but yes.  The mods are hypocrits, as we know. They allow blatant trolling by other jealous fanbases and then ban diehard fans for returning fire.

I've never been banned.  Nite hasn't been banned.  Dez hasn't been banned.  SanDog hasn't been banned.

Maybe your approach is wrong?

It wasn't for lack of effort either. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

What is your attraction to Belichek?

American football is the stupidest sport on the face of this planet. No brain or skill is required. Argue all you want.

That's fine if you don't like Ameircan football, although always find people who like football and not hockey or vice versa, somewhat odd. Violence, speed, strength, imposing your will on the opponent? WHat is not to like?

Anyway, Belichick is the best coach of all time, and IMO the best GM of all time because of what he's done and continues to do in the cap era. The cap is set up to block the things he's doing, has accomplished and will likely continue to accomplish.

Make believe Toe Blake was alive and our GM and coach for the Bruins right now. 

If there was no cap in the NFL,  I am not sure the Pats would ever lose a game. They could have kept all the players they probably wanted to keep, but had to walk from.

Toe Blake was never the GM of the Habs or any other NHL team.

What do you "believe" he did?

Sections
Shortcuts