In Case You Missed It

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: In Case You Missed It

Funny, there are two amazing GM's with very similar styles to PC that are great examples in hockey - Torrey and Holland. Don't know why you'd need to use an example from a different sport with very different team, draft, coaching, scouting, management and payroll structures. It's like comparing apples and jellyfish.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Toe Blake was never the GM of the Habs or any other NHL team.

What do you "believe" he did?

Maybe he was thinking of John Ferguson Jr?  Now, THAT guy was awesome.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

False.   Salary allocation in particular, ROI, knowing market trends, etc, are vital for all GMs who are GMs in a cap league. All those concepts are vital and it's MORE difficult than hockey, which is why I mention another sport.

Say what you want, but the NFL was first to have a cap (1993).  Belichick put on a clinic in NE with the Pats and now he has literally every franchise following his blueprint.

He tried to execute it in Cleveland with the GM there at the time, but Modell (owner) was a moron.

Ken Holland has only been dealing with a cap for like 7 seasons.  Also, I know Belichick has befriended other GMs or coaches in this city. For example, he used to be friendly with Francona when he managed here.

Let's stick to hockey.  The Pats haven't won it all in about 10 years.

Holland was a few years ago.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I can't tell if you are an annoying teenie bopper or just a really dumb person. What part about my words of "make believe" didnd't you understand?

As written, it asks that we make believe that A) he's alive and B) he's the GM of the Bruins.  It does not ask us to make believe that he was a GM.

Awesome attempt, however.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

What is your attraction to Belichek?

American football is the stupidest sport on the face of this planet. No brain or skill is required. Argue all you want.

That's fine if you don't like Ameircan football, although always find people who like football and not hockey or vice versa, somewhat odd. Violence, speed, strength, imposing your will on the opponent? WHat is not to like?

Anyway, Belichick is the best coach of all time, and IMO the best GM of all time because of what he's done and continues to do in the cap era. The cap is set up to block the things he's doing, has accomplished and will likely continue to accomplish.

Make believe Toe Blake was alive and our GM and coach for the Bruins right now. 

If there was no cap in the NFL,  I am not sure the Pats would ever lose a game. They could have kept all the players they probably wanted to keep, but had to walk from.

Toe Blake was never the GM of the Habs or any other NHL team.

What do you "believe" he did?

Here's a good example of a trollish post, right here. ^^

I can't tell if you are an annoying teenie bopper or just a really dumb person. What part about my words of "make believe" didnd't you understand?

Toe Blake is one of the best coaches in NHL history.  If he HAD BEEN a GM, too, that's the elite, inconic level Belichick is in the NFL and in NFL history, IMO.

Also, folks, note how NAS jumps in and piggybacks and the troll work of this Godfather fan dork.

Don-Bruino (formerly Wheats) is good people. As passionate a Bruins fan as you'll ever find.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Wouldnt it be AWESOME if Iron Man (or Tony Stark, however you wanna call it) were the GM of the Bruins?!

Now THAT is a make believe GM i can get behind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Wouldnt it be AWESOME if Iron Man (or Tony Stark, however you wanna call it) were the GM of the Bruins?!

Amen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Let's keep it real here people. Napoleon is the obvious choice. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

If the debate were simply Tony Stark vs Napoleon, you may have me there.  But Tony Stark ISNT simply Tony Stark.  He's also Iron Man.

IRON MAN DEZ...IRON MAN!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If the debate were simply Tony Stark vs Napoleon, you may have me there.  But Tony Stark ISNT simply Tony Stark.  He's Iron Man.

IRON MAN DEZ...IRON MAN!

Very persuasive argument. I may have to rethink my stance. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I'll tell ya one thing.  That Iginla fiasco does not happen if Stark/Iron Man is the Bruins GM.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'll tell ya one thing.  That Iginla fiasco does not happen if Stark/Iron Man is the Bruins GM.

Yeah he'd likely have better intel. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Come on... there's NO WAY that Tony Stark would make a better GM than Bruce Wayne - billionaire business man AND he would have scared/beat the holy crap out of Feaster. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Come on... there's NO WAY that Tony Stark would make a better GM than Bruce Wayne - billionaire business man AND he would have scared/beat the holy crap out of Feaster. 

Wayne certainly has his upsides.  But lets face it, in hockey you need that little business savy, smooth talking pizazz.  Bruce Wayne simply does not have that.  Also while we as people would be more than happy with Bruce Wayne as a GM we would be in the dark about his Batman persona as he hides that part of his life.  Tony Stark is open about his superhero-ism, he embraces it.

Tony Stark for Bruins GM. Its just no contest.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i should have put my troll refresher post here, but it seems to fit there also- oh well. GO BRUINS!!! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Please Don't Miss This

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

This is priceless!

I have a $100 bill that says "ReturnofBologna" and Bassfishing are one in the same.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Wally Cox would have been the GM of GM's.

Sections
Shortcuts