In Showcase #1 - Jordan Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: In Showcase #1 - Jordan Caron

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Yes, true. Some teams need the extra picks to re-stock their farms (CGY, SJ for example) and if they are already picking high, another late 1st rounder is not so bad. Certainly better than a 2nd rounder. For context, I believe Getzlaf (the new 66 million dollar man) was a late 1st rounder.

Getzlaf went 19th.  Perry was a late first rounder in...2003.

Caron went 25th...late first round.

My point in this is that the B's first round pick doesn't carry as much weight as others because it's projected to be late in the round.  Therefore, it's not really a good pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

My point in this is that the B's first round pick doesn't carry as much weight as others because it's projected to be late in the round.  Therefore, it's not really a good pick.

Your right, I was thinking of Perry (50 goal scorer and Hart winner). Just think, though. Few buyers at the deadline are going to have a higher projected first rounder than the B's. Not too many sellers are going to suddenly load up on rentals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

I don't see  showcasing either. It probably means the price for getting good 3rd line help is too high.

Maybe, but based on the article posted by nrguy in the trade speculation thread, the prices are not as high as people are making it put to be on these boards.

Don't kid yourself, prices for 3rd line help must be high. On Nrguy's list, if the price was as low as that writer speculates, a lot those players would have been taken by now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

If Caron plays well over the next few games he may not going anywhere. I guess we'll soon know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Your right, I was thinking of Perry (50 goal scorer and Hart winner). Just think, though. Few buyers at the deadline are going to have a higher projected first rounder than the B's. Not too many sellers are going to suddenly load up on rentals.

True, but a non-contender might make a deal now with the intent to sign Perry long term and hopefully at less than if he goes to market.  If the Ducks give them permission to talk to Perry's agent....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

True, but a non-contender might make a deal now with the intent to sign Perry long term and hopefully at less than if he goes to market.  If the Ducks give them permission to talk to Perry's agent....

Won't matter. Perry will be re-signed by the end of the month. And none too soon, this Perry talk is ridiculous.

Besides, if Perry does, for some reason, hit the market, everyone in Toronto knows the Buds will scoop him up for Bozak, Komisarek, and a third rounder....:)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Toronto may trade Perry for Bozak, Komisarek and a third rounder, but not the other way around!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

TO : Calgary ....PEV + Caron + Malcom Subban

TO BRUINS ......Jerome Iginla

and Soderberg on the 3rd line ....