Incidental contact

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Incidental contact

I'm watching the Bruins/Sabers game and in the intermission Milbury talked about the bruins goal that was called off due to incidental contact.  He stated that this is one that should be looked at and the ref possibly fined.  I agree that it was a horrible call but do refs ever get fined for poor calls or is this Milbury speaking up about what he thinks should happen.  I personally havn't heard of a ref getting fined for a bad call.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Incidental contact

Supposedly it happens, but it's not reported the way league actions are.  It's handled internally by the Officials Association, I think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I read alot of hockey news, YET I have never read of a ref being fined!  I want to be corrected only if the fine is equal to 1 or 2% of the refs pay grade!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Fraser said in a column, I think from last spring, that refs can have games withheld (a suspension of sorts) and lose the correlating pay. It's done privately and in house.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Not a good call for sure but Milbury should be fined for making mental patients look like geniuses.

Sections
Shortcuts