Infusion of Youth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Infusion of Youth

If I were Shawn Thorton I might be concerned about this video.  He may just be talking about filling Ference's roster spot and the third line vacancy, but it doesn't seem that way to me.  First of all Ference's replacement has already been a part of the team and therefore can't really be counted.

Are there any other veterans who might be on the bubble?  I don't think so, but just wondering.

http://www.csnne.com/video_content_type/chiarelli-young-players-will-breathe-new-life-bs-roster-next-season

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Infusion of Youth

Thornton is under contract.  He's fine for next season.  I think that will be his last here, however. 

Well, we can always hope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It would be encouraging, wouldn't it?  We've been talking about some of the forward prospects for a few years now, so it feels like it's about time for either a) one or two of the kids to step up and make a real case for an NHL job or b) the annual "Chiarelli can't draft..." conversation.

On the other hand, and other than Caron, Spooner's the only guy who is both a guy picked in the first three rounds and a guy with a season of pro experience in NA.  So it won't be a huge shock if they don't make it.

I'd bet a donut, though, that PC is referring mostly to the back end, where you could see four guys with less than 50 NHL games on their resumes play real minutes this year. Might also see Svedberg.

Are you not entertained?!?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think the fight with John Scott was the beginning of the end of ST's career.

I will fantasize about ST being replaced by a guy just like Lucic in his first season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I think the fight with John Scott was the beginning of the end of ST's career.

I will fantasize about ST being replaced by a guy just like Lucic in his first season.

I know its a pretty hefty order, but im really hoping Camara is that guy.  Hope his transition to the AHL is successful enough for a few callups this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Like Bergeron and Lucic, it would be great to see a player like Camara displace Thornton out of Junior. I see Reilly Smith having a great chance of making the 4th line.

What Chiarelli and Julien say about Morrow during camp and exhibition games will mean allot for the defenseman. Like Caron, Morrow needs to come out on fire.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Time for Thornton to move on,after seeing how much ice time he got in playoffs especially after Cambell got hurt,he was just a waste of a roster spot,got to be somebody in Prov or even give Camara  a shot,would like to see somebody who actually hits,and not just with his fists.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Thornton is under contract.  He's fine for next season.  I think that will be his last here, however. 

You can always ask Stanley what he plans to do with him when he gets in as GM...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Like Bergeron and Lucic, it would be great to see a player like Camara displace Thornton out of Junior. I see Reilly Smith having a great chance of making the 4th line.

What Chiarelli and Julien say about Morrow during camp and exhibition games will mean allot for the defenseman. Like Caron, Morrow needs to come out on fire.

How 'bout your boy, Matt Fraser, San?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the B'S fortunes don't depend on the 6-7 mins. ST sees per game....

like NAS said, he's here for one more year....  bear it....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

How 'bout your boy, Matt Fraser, San?

Third line is open to Fraser, Caron and Spooner ?

Paille wins ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That could be an interesting story out of camp, SanDog.  If Paille wins the third line spot alongside Soderberg and Kelly, and Smith and others are putting some heat on ST, the vaunted merlot line could be a thing of the past, and Campbell could be playing with a couple of sets of young legs - attached to hands!

Smith-Campbell-Fraser?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wide open for two forward spots, it's going to be fun to see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

My fantasy is to start the season with a third line of youngins, and a super fourth line of paille campbell and kelly. Maybe Soda - Spooner - Smith on the third line. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I don't think 1.1 mil makes him a lock for the top 12 forwards.  I can't guarantee he will be displaced, but I don't buy this logic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't think 1.1 mil makes him a lock for the top 12 forwards.  I can't guarantee he will be displaced, but I don't buy this logic.

[/QUOTE]

Ricky, I sure hope that his playing time is lessened considerably this year. I don't mind him in his role but he frankly isn't necessary most nights. He dresses way too often.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

dez, it's a good question - why dress Thornton for a tilt against Detroit in mid-January?  He's not going to fight anyone on that team.  Only Edmonton had fewer major penalties last year.  Bruins had more than twice as many.  And he can't skate well enough to hit any of their D, but if he gets caught on the ice when Datsyuk's out there, it's like a free PP.

The only rationale that makes sense is that Julien likes his team to be a team.  You don't take your veteran enforcer (put scare quotes in if you see fit) and hive him off like a rookie getting spot duty.  Makes him less effective when he's there (oh, this guy) and can be a wedge when he gets caught on for a goal against (oh, that guy).  He's a vet, a regular, and part of the club.  Until he's not. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Agreed. It makes sense against Toronto - 5 players in the top 10 in majors last year - for Thornton to dress. But having him in the lineup against Edmonton would make little sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://thehockeywriters.com/torey-krug-one-hit-wonder/

"Krug hasn’t really shown that he can be the defenseman of the future for the Bruins. Players go on streaks in the postseason and never really live up to expectations in the regular season, i.e. Steve Penney. It’s too early to tell if Torey Krug is going to be a one-hit wonder, but you can’t base a projected starter’s role on one series against the New York Rangers.

One thing working against Torey Krug is his lack of NHL experience. While Krug has played in 15 career playoff games, he has only played in three career NHL regular season games. I know players have to start somewhere, but the way that people are anointing Krug as a starter next season, it seems a tad presumptuous.

We’ll see how Torey Krug does during training camp, but it might be best for him and the Boston Bruins to start the season in Providence. A better option would be using the veteran Wade Redden in place of Krug until he gets more seasoning down in Providence."

How does Redden playing in NHL games help Krug's development ?

When does Torrey get the expierence ?

I don't think Krug needs to have a piture pefect camp to stick with the Bruins but the writer does.

Chiarelli is giving Caron another chance but if Thornton is playing every night, why sign Jordan for another year ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

45 out of 48 in the regular season and 22 out of 22 in the playoffs....

apparently CJ thinks ST is useful to the B'S....  and CJ'S got the last call....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

Sections
Shortcuts