Injury thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Injury thread

Looks like Krejci will bein Thursday and Soderberg out. Hope the Swedes ankle isn't too bad and is back for game 2. I liked the way he looked on the wing.

@NHLBruins: With Soderberg, B's waiting for swelling to go down on his ankle. Julien: "he's probably a little bit longer, highly doubtful for Thurs."^CS

@NHLBruins: Julien optimistic about David Krejci being back on the ice tomorrow ^CS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Injury thread

Oh, those darn Swedes and their ankles! They'll play with a concussion but when it comes to the ankles and feet they're out! Forsberg missed over 8,000 (give or take) games due to a slight sprain and a recurring hangnail. Mats Sundin once played after removing his own spleen between periods but later left the game when an errant pass grazed his boot.

But I hope Soderberg will be good to go soon. They didn't think the injury was much at first but now they said it's more serious. We'll see. Suck it up Soderberg! Dk is playing so that's good. I'm looking forward to seeing him, Lucic and Iginla together in a game that matters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Ah, the Yeti continues to frustrate fans...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Looks like Krejci will bein Thursday and Soderberg out. Hope the Swedes ankle isn't too bad and is back for game 2. I liked the way he looked on the wing.

@NHLBruins: With Soderberg, B's waiting for swelling to go down on his ankle. Julien: "he's probably a little bit longer, highly doubtful for Thurs."^CS

@NHLBruins: Julien optimistic about David Krejci being back on the ice tomorrow ^CS

So who's in for the Yeti?  Would love to see Spooner get a shot!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I would think Caron gets the spot till the Yeti's good to go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Exactly, Davey.  That's why Caron's on the roster - guy has an ankle problem, so Caron suits up.  I suspect that even if Krejci or Bergeron were to miss a few games, they'd bump Kelly up rather than recall Spooner.  So Lucic-Kelly-Iginla, Caron-Soderberg-Smith.

Recalling Spooner will be a last resort or a reward because he's destroying the AHL.

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins

Chiarelli said Soderberg was placed on IR Friday after being injured in Saskatoon. Not avail. to play Thurs; would be for Sat. if healthy

Color schemes today. White: Lucic-Krejci-Iginla/Gold: Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson/Grey: Caron-Kelly-Smith/Merlot: Paille-Campbell-Thornton

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

@NHLBruins

Chiarelli said Soderberg was placed on IR Friday after being injured in Saskatoon. Not avail. to play Thurs; would be for Sat. if healthy

Color schemes today. White: Lucic-Krejci-Iginla/Gold: Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson/Grey: Caron-Kelly-Smith/Merlot: Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Why is ST in??   What will be his role against the Lightning ??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Chit! Soderberg was looking fantastic so i pray it isn't serious. he should provide some third line scoring punch desperatly needed and hopefully be a big part of the PP..........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Exactly, Davey.  That's why Caron's on the roster - guy has an ankle problem, so Caron suits up.  I suspect that even if Krejci or Bergeron were to miss a few games, they'd bump Kelly up rather than recall Spooner.  So Lucic-Kelly-Iginla, Caron-Soderberg-Smith.

Recalling Spooner will be a last resort or a reward because he's destroying the AHL.

So now if Krejci is not fit to go (game time decision) who plays center on the line ? Kelly will be centering 3rd line for sure with Soderberg out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I might have my answer:

Mark Divver @MarkDivver 19m

Ryan Spooner didn't make trip to Newfoundland today with @AHLBruins in case he's needed to fill in for David Krejci tomorrow night

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's what I'd have said if I'd gotten back in time.  Yeah, two guys out means you have to call someone up, and in that situation, you'd need a guy to play centre.  I suspect Spooner would start with Lucic and Iginla, but if they didn't play like a first line, Kelly would swap in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Ankle injuries are a tricky thing... they can linger. Really hope Soderberg mends quickly. I was hoping he could bring some goal scoring back to our third line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm encouraged by what I've seen with Soderberg, but he is Soder berg not Fors berg.  I don't think he's a "goalscorer" or "sniper" - a guy with a great shot who finds space on the ice, spots up and rips it.  Neither is he a Kessel-style goalscorer who attacks the net with speed and can shoot on the rush.  I think he's got a realistic shot at 20+ as a guy who has a nose for the puck around the net.  Garbage goals ahoy.  Could be that that third line is the right fit for him all around.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

This is why you pick the best players. Ryan Spooner is a better player than Jordan Caron. With this injury to Soderberg, Spooner would give the Bruins more versatility - not less

With Soderberg out, the Third Line, re-constituted this year to have a bit more of everything (defence/grit/sandpaper/more scoring punch) now lacks the 'scoring punch' element Soderberg's meant to bring.

Now Soderberg's scoring touch is replaced by Jordan Caron's 'try to look really involved' - and the all of a sudden, the Third Line looks eerily similar to last year

Kelly should be pushed to the wing and Ryan Spooner should centre that Third Line.

If Krejci can't go tonight, Spooner comes in and either centres the 1st Line or he centres the 3rd Line? Caron gives Claude one option.

Ryan Spooner is the better more versatile player - I didn't think I'd get the opportunity so soon to state the obvious, but this is why you have tryouts - to pick the best players for your team

ps...  and don't get me started about Chad Johnson over Svedberg! Chiarelli saying Svedberg was better but didn't have to clear waivers, is the height of arrogance - if you're at all superstitious, this is a 'goocher', a jinx. You always pick the best players. Or at least, you don't admit it when you don't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

This is why you pick the best players. Ryan Spooner is a better player than Jordan Caron. With this injury to Soderberg, Spooner would give the Bruins more versatility - not less

With Soderberg out, the Third Line, re-constituted this year to have a bit more of everything (defence/grit/sandpaper/more scoring punch) now lacks the 'scoring punch' element Soderberg's meant to bring.

Now Soderberg's scoring touch is replaced by Jordan Caron's 'try to look really involved' - and the all of a sudden, the Third Line looks eerily similar to last year

Kelly should be pushed to the wing and Ryan Spooner should centre that Third Line.

If Krejci can't go tonight, Spooner comes in and either centres the 1st Line or he centres the 3rd Line? Caron gives Claude one option.

Ryan Spooner is the better more versatile player - I didn't think I'd get the opportunity so soon to state the obvious, but this is why you have tryouts - to pick the best players for your team

ps...  and don't get me started about Chad Johnson over Svedberg! Chiarelli saying Svedberg was better but didn't have to clear waivers, is the height of arrogance - if you're at all superstitious, this is a 'goocher', a jinx. You always pick the best players. Or at least, you don't admit it when you don't.

Thanks for coming out. That was a real treat. Do you figure you've got a better feel for what the lineup needs than the people that watch them skate every day? What is it about Spooner that makes you think he's being robbed of a spot? He can't win faceoffs and, short of a couple of exhibition games, hasn't been able to put up much offense yet. Does he kill penalties? Is he strong along the wall? Management's job is for now and in the future. If Spooner and Svedberg were so good than they would force themselves into roster spots but as it stands now, both player's (and the organization) are better served playing big minutes in the minors.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"....are better served playing big minutes in the minors" - dezaruchi

cuz they're so fri**in good

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

caron looks like he fits right in there had a goal as well  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bruinsfan084evr's comment:

caron looks like he fits right in there had a goal as well 

Jordan hasn't been able to get his good streaks/bad streaks in order, in the NHL nor the AHL. This is what I want to see from Caron, more games like last night. He hasn't been able to maintain consitency. One game isn't going to do it for me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

"....are better served playing big minutes in the minors" - dezaruchi

cuz they're so fri**in good

This post is better than your previous.

Sections
Shortcuts