Interesting Spengler Cup Line ups...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathan17. Show stanjonathan17's posts

Interesting Spengler Cup Line ups...

Team Canada: Bergeron, Seguin, Tavares, Spezza

Adler Mannheim (German Elite League): Dennis Seidenberg

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/197932/la_id/1.htm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Interesting Spengler Cup Line ups...

Saw the lineup and Team Canada is better than what they usually send to the World Championships. The Spengler could be a great tourny this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

The spengler is a joke. Just like the so called world championship. Whoever has the best players available usally wins. These games might mean something overseas but here they are laughable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

How can a tourney be called a world championship when most of the best players are not available?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Canada has won several world championships and spengler cups over the years. Every one of them is a joke to me. (nothing to be proud of at all).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Twenty minutes. Three seperate posts that say the same thing. The wheels were really turning there.

Thanks for coming out. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Twenty minutes. Three seperate posts that say the same thing. The wheels were really turning there.

Thanks for coming out. 

[/QUOTE]

Same thing? I believe u must mean same topic...... Think and then post!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to pauly1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thanks for coming out. 

[/QUOTE]

Same thing? I think u must mean same topic. Think and then post!!!

[/QUOTE]

I'll wait to respond because you probably have 2 more posts coming in the next 10 minutes. I don't want to interrupt your train of thought.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thanks for coming out. 

[/QUOTE] It's people like u that keeps me comeing back to laugh at.

Same thing? I think u must mean same topic. Think and then post!!!

[/QUOTE]

I'll wait to respond because you probably have 2 more posts coming in the next 10 minutes. I don't want to interrupt your train of thought.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's one .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

U can count, i guess your not as stupid as your post's suggest.

[/QUOTE]

That's one .

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

LOL @ Chowda

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL @ Chowda

[/QUOTE]

Just having a little fun with Canada'a version of heyoo/bruins8.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I never understood how this tournament works.  How do they make the teams ?

I recall the last lockout Joe Thorton playing for Davos and not on team Canada. Does my memory serve me right ?

p.s. Ohhhhh Chowda....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL @ Chowda

[/QUOTE]

Just having a little fun with Canada'a version of heyoo/bruins8.

[/QUOTE] Still waiting. (Mister man)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm still laughing at "whoever has the best players available usually wins" as applied to the Spengler.  Less funny but more bizarre is the attitude that unless a tournament proves something it is a joke.

On a more Spenglery note, one sidebar note is that the KHL team in this year's tournament is the Ufa team - vacating just in time for the WJHC.  They've also given the Russian juniors their best goalie. Vasilievski, the only goalie taken ahead of Subban in the 2012 draft, plays for Ufa.  On the Ufa roster - Nikita Filatov and one-time Bruin exhibitionist Sergei Zinovjev.  The rest of the players all seem to have been drafted in the second round by Ottawa at one time or another.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm still laughing at "whoever has the best players available usually wins" as applied to the Spengler.  Less funny but more bizarre is the attitude that unless a tournament proves something it is a joke.

On a more Spenglery note, one sidebar note is that the KHL team in this year's tournament is the Ufa team - vacating just in time for the WJHC.  They've also given the Russian juniors their best goalie. Vasilievski, the only goalie taken ahead of Subban in the 2012 draft, plays for Ufa.  On the Ufa roster - Nikita Filatov and one-time Bruin exhibitionist Sergei Zinovjev.  The rest of the players all seem to have been drafted in the second round by Ottawa at one time or another.

[/QUOTE] look at the players available for the spengler this year. So yes it is a joke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

IMO any tourny that does not have it`s best players available is a joke. Including the wjc where canada has a huge handy cap almost every year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

IMO any tourny that does not have it`s best players available is a joke. Including the wjc where canada has a huge handy cap almost every year.

[/QUOTE]

Great stuff, thanks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you can only watch the Olympic tournament with your standards.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sounds like it, I guess he never watches the Calder Cup, Memorial Cup, Allan Cup, Frozen Four, World U18, CIAU finals, Beanpot etc. either. Too bad, he's missing some great hockey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Canada has won several world championships and spengler cups over the years. Every one of them is a joke to me. (nothing to be proud of at all).

[/QUOTE]

Winning is winning & anyone who has your attitude is the joke! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds like it, I guess he never watches the Calder Cup, Memorial Cup, Allan Cup, Frozen Four, World U18, CIAU finals, Beanpot etc. either. Too bad, he's missing some great hockey.

[/QUOTE]

I think Pauly might be Miller....but then again maybe not, because even Miller had something intelligent once in awhile. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does anyone watch the Allan Cup?  I had never heard of it until it was mentioned here earlier this or last week.  For those who are confused as much as I was by it's mere mention, the South East Prairie Thunder, lead by Terry Yake, are the current champs.

Right.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Saw it live a few years back NAS, it may not get the press, but I'd argue the players are better (mainly because of maturity) than most of what I see out here in the WHL. It's mainly ex-Juniors or University players who couldn't make the jump to the pros(or who didn't want to ride a bus in the A or the E). And they do it just for the love of the game. It's a good tourny, worth taking in a game if you ever get the chance. It's the best amateur team in the country - nothing to sneeze at in a nation with millions of amateur hockey players.