Interesting tidbit for you Thornton Haters!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Interesting tidbit for you Thornton Haters!

"Even though Thornton didn't officially throw a punch in the scrum, the Bruins generally have success when their enforcer drops the gloves. In fact, Boston is 45-16-9 when he receives a fighting major. Even more impressive, the Bruins are 21-4 when Thornton has scored a goal during his career in Boston."

Goes to show you he does his job well & his teammates appreciate him even though many of us don't. And I think that's how the Bruins players feel. "Who cares what the "Skating Clown Theorist" say. We have the deepest team in the league & the best overall enforcer. Glad he's in Boston!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Interesting tidbit for you Thornton Haters!

oh boy you're asking it. I see you got some  "fisherman" in your blood.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Nite, I'm the first one to suggest Thornton doesn't need to dress every game. That said, only a fool doesn't recognize that the guy is good at what he does. Of the players in the league that might be tougher than him, very few are as effective in the other aspects of the game. I personally feel he gets paid too much for what he does but my opinion means nothing as I bet his teammates feel he doesn't make enough. Cheers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I have no problem with Thornton.  I'd take him on my roster over John Scott any day of the week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

I have no problem with Thornton.  I'd take him on my roster over John Scott any day of the week.

That's how I feel too Luc. If the B's are going to use a roster spot on an enforcer then I'm glad it's Thornton doing the job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If he didn't fight the other clowns in the league he wouldn't be in the league.  He isn't a good hockey player.  Jody Shelley played university hockey against me and was terrible.  But he can take and give a punch.  So he's in the NHL.  The role of skating side show is slowly leaving the league.  ST is very fortunate he didn't come along 5 yrs from now.  

Now, my dislike for st is bc he takes the spot of someone who can play.  Kill some penalties, block a shot etc etc.  ST will never be on the ice when it matters.  He likely is the best clown at the circus though. So props for that.  

LA won the cup without a clown.  They played a team without a clown.  What does that tell you?  

I don't have an issue having him When other teams dress guys like or similar to him. But when savard was sprawled out did ST do anything?  Fail. 

Anyway.  I'm sure you will get a rise outta someone else on here.  He's a bruin.  He Isn't someone I would miss at all.  Lots of those types around.  Chris Neil is the proto type for future tough guys. He's a beauty.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

If he didn't fight the other clowns in the league he wouldn't be in the league.  He isn't a good hockey player.  Jody Shelley played university hockey against me and was terrible.  But he can take and give a punch.  So he's in the NHL.  The role of skating side show is slowly leaving the league.  ST is very fortunate he didn't come along 5 yrs from now.  

Now, my dislike for st is bc he takes the spot of someone who can play.  Kill some penalties, block a shot etc etc.  ST will never be on the ice when it matters.  He likely is the best clown at the circus though. So props for that.  

LA won the cup without a clown.  They played a team without a clown.  What does that tell you?  

I don't have an issue having him When other teams dress guys like or similar to him. But when savard was sprawled out did ST do anything?  Fail. 

Anyway.  I'm sure you will get a rise outta someone else on here.  He's a bruin.  He Isn't someone I would miss at all.  Lots of those types around.  Chris Neil is the proto type for future tough guys. He's a beauty.  

I'm not surprised you'd pick someone from another roster to be the "prototype" when Lucic is clearly the best in the business. He's the player every GM hopes to stumble upon in future drafts. He's the reason a guy like Kassian got drafted in the 1st round. Neil is OK but he couldn't tie Lucic's skates. Here's your choice against mine after Neil took liberties against Savard in a preseason game........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOTzAdz80gM

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Well said. If the Bruins are to dress a goon I'm glad it's Thornton compared to the others in the league. He atleast plays hard. Still, with guys like McQuaid, Boychuck, Lucic, Horton, Chara, Ference, etc. who are all willing and capable of sticking up for themselves and teammates, I don't see the point in having him. The 1.5m a year he makes could have gone towards someone like Arnott - who signed for a contract similar to Thorntons and would probably look a hell of a lot better on the 3rd line than Borque.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not surprised you'd pick someone from another roster to be the "prototype" when Lucic is clearly the best in the business. He's the player every GM hopes to stumble upon in future drafts. He's the reason a guy like Kassian got drafted in the 1st round. Neil is OK but he couldn't tie Lucic's skates. Here's your choice against mine after Neil took liberties against Savard in a preseason game........

[/QUOTEar

huh.  I would never put lucic in the same sentence as Neil.  Quit trying to start something.  My pt was clearly that ST role is changing.  A guy like Neil or Prust....guys that can play and throw down are the next breed of enforcer.  I didn't mention a number one line fwd.  you bored tonight?   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTEar

huh.  I would never put lucic in the same sentence as Neil.  Quit trying to start something.  My pt was clearly that ST role is changing.  A guy like Neil or Prust....guys that can play and throw down are the next breed of enforcer.  I didn't mention a number one line fwd.  you bored tonight?   

The point is a GM looks for a guy like Lucic who is tough and can play as the prototype. Neil's career high is 33 points. I guess I'm just a bit confused in how you've concluded that Thornton is awful and that Neil is "a beauty".  Neil makes almost double the money and he isn't twice the player. You didn't need to mention any other names. By calling Neil "the prototype", you're comparing him to every player on skates. That makes sense doesn't it? Sure I'm bored but it still makes sense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTEar

The point is a GM looks for a guy like Lucic who is tough and can play as the prototype. Neil's career high is 33 points. I guess I'm just a bit confused in how you've concluded that Thornton is awful and that Neil is "a beauty".  Neil makes almost double the money and he isn't twice the player. You didn't need to mention any other names. By calling Neil "the prototype", you're comparing him to every player on skates. That makes sense doesn't it? Sure I'm bored but it still makes sense.

Wow. News flash. Every gm looks for a guy like lucic   Yup they do.  Tks for the hockey 101 on drafting players.  Tom Wilson was this yrs version.  But again tks.  ST is awful.  Neil and Prust can play and fight.  Neil should make 10 times as much as ST.  Why?  Bc he can play hockey.  I also said Prust.  Who is also worth 10 times what ST makes.   ST plays his role well. But he is the king of clowns.  Spot start him against a team like buffalo.  Do we need him dressed against a team without one?  

lucic is a prototype 1st line power fwd.  yes that every gm looks for.   You are brilliant.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Uhmmm...thats two time stanley cup winning skating clown please.

Glad we have him - he's very important- IMO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ooops   Didn't answer your question.  If we asked 30 gms who they would rather who they taking.  Why do I think Neil is a beauty.  He can do a little bit of everything in his role.  Can change a game with a big hit- not run into the boards.  The boards make a nice loud noise though.  Neil plays solid minutes each game- not so much for our guy.  Neil chips in on the pp and can actually play 3rd line minutes.- not so much for ST.  Take fighting out of hockey and Neil still has a job.  ST. Nope.  

Still confused or just bored.  Again.  Same as the other day.  I didn't mention Marchand.  You did. I didn't mention Lucic nor would I even put him close to the same league.  But you wanted to give me a draft lesson on 1st round draft picks.  

Good job.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Two cups.  Huge accomplishment.  More so on the Bruins then his Ducks run.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Wow. News flash. Every gm looks for a guy like lucic   Yup they do.  Tks for the hockey 101 on drafting players.  Tom Wilson was this yrs version.  But again tks.  ST is awful.  Neil and Prust can play and fight.  Neil should make 10 times as much as ST.  Why?  Bc he can play hockey.  I also said Prust.  Who is also worth 10 times what ST makes.   ST plays his role well. But he is the king of clowns.  Spot start him against a team like buffalo.  Do we need him dressed against a team without one?  

lucic is a prototype 1st line power fwd.  yes that every gm looks for.   You are brilliant.  

What exactly did you mean by prototype then? Lucic and Neil are the same player but one of them is leaps and bounds better at the job. That's why Lucic is on the 1st line. Was that the role the Bruins had in mind for him when they drafted him? No, Lucic earned that role by his on ice play but please do continue telling us who's awesome and then acting upset when someone points out who the real prototype is. Lucic came in to the league to do the exact same thing that Neil was. No need to get snippy just because you failed to recognize the real prototype sitting on the B's bench. Yes, Neil and Prust are awesome. Thornton is terrible. Shupe is soooooooo objective that he shouldn't be questioned.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

ooops   Didn't answer your question.  If we asked 30 gms who they would rather who they taking.  Why do I think Neil is a beauty.  He can do a little bit of everything in his role.  Can change a game with a big hit- not run into the boards.  The boards make a nice loud noise though.  Neil plays solid minutes each game- not so much for our guy.  Neil chips in on the pp and can actually play 3rd line minutes.- not so much for ST.  Take fighting out of hockey and Neil still has a job.  ST. Nope.  

Still confused or just bored.  Again.  Same as the other day.  I didn't mention Marchand.  You did. I didn't mention Lucic nor would I even put him close to the same league.  But you wanted to give me a draft lesson on 1st round draft picks.  

Good job.  

You're missing his point.  Lucic can do everything Neil and Prust do , better than both. That's play hockey, hit , score and yes fight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Good job.  

Neil skated 12:47 per game last year. Thornton skated 9:10 per but please do continue to enlighten.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Agreed - and what I think most don't appreciate are the things that aren't as obvious as sticking up for his team mates. Like what's said on the bench, on the ice, to the opposition...etc.
    Like him or not, it can't be denied that he has an important leadership role on this club. Personally, I'm glad that he isn't the biggest or most imposing physical presence, I think it means that much more, it provides character and courage to do what he does - it's contagious, and cranks up the emotion, which this team needs above all else to succeed. Just ask the dirtbags in Vancouver -

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTEar

What exactly did you mean by prototype then? Lucic and Neil are the same player but one of them is leaps and bounds better at the job. That's why Lucic is on the 1st line. Was that the role the Bruins had in mind for him when they drafted him? No, Lucic earned that role by his on ice play but please do continue telling us who's awesome and then acting upset when someone points out who the real prototype is. Lucic came in to the league to do the exact same thing that Neil was. No need to get snippy just because you failed to recognize the real prototype sitting on the B's bench. Yes, Neil and Prust are awesome. Thornton is terrible. Shupe is soooooooo objective that he shouldn't be questioned.

No I was very clear.  i will start with Lucic.  And compare a player to him.  Owen Nolan. Both drafted in First round.  Both can score and fight.  Many players in that line.  Shanny, Cam, Tockett.  Are these players Dave Brown?   Completely different league different question.  If the Bruins drafted Lucic (junior standout) To be a Chris Neil or ST they landed a gem.  I'm pretty sure their vision for him was a first line power fwd in the mold of the past greats I mentioned.  

I said the league will clean itself and rid of players like Scott, like Thorton, like Shelley, like Westgarth.   And taking the role of these players will be guys like Neil, Prust for ie.  guys that can fight, play and keep up in today's hockey.  ST sans fighting would not be in the NHL.  Neil would be.  

I mean if I mention Cartner are you gonna mention Chara?  

you mentioning Lucic with Neil is disresctful to the guy you are flaunting in your bored pointless argument.  and on cue BsL to the rescue.  Which one is batman and which one is robin.  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

No I was very clear.  i will start with Lucic.  And compare a player to him.  Owen Nolan. Both drafted in First round.  Both can score and fight.  Many players in that line.  Shanny, Cam, Tockett.  Are these players Dave Brown?   Completely different league different question.  If the Bruins drafted Lucic (junior standout) To be a Chris Neil or ST they landed a gem.  I'm pretty sure their vision for him was a first line power fwd in the mold of the past greats I mentioned.  

I said the league will clean itself and rid of players like Scott, like Thorton, like Shelley, like Westgarth.   And taking the role of these players will be guys like Neil, Prust for ie.  guys that can fight, play and keep up in today's hockey.  ST sans fighting would not be in the NHL.  Neil would be.  

I mean if I mention Cartner are you gonna mention Chara?  

you mentioning Lucic with Neil is disresctful to the guy you are flaunting in your bored pointless argument.  and on cue BsL to the rescue.  Which one is batman and which one is robin.  :)

Lucic was not a 1st rounder. I stopped reading the rest.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Agreed - and what I think most don't appreciate are the things that aren't as obvious as sticking up for his team mates. Like what's said on the bench, on the ice, to the opposition...etc.
    Like him or not, it can't be denied that he has an important leadership role on this club. Personally, I'm glad that he isn't the biggest or most imposing physical presence, I think it means that much more, it provides character and courage to do what he does - it's contagious, and cranks up the emotion, which this team needs above all else to succeed. Just ask the dirtbags in Vancouver -

You know what.  I think his leadership is more important then anything he does on the ice.  I will concede that.  But we have a very very tough team.  Super heavyweight- chara.  Heavyweight - Lucic.  Sometimes super heavyweight as well.  Heavyweight #2 AM.  Tough as nails.  Light weight Campy and AF.  Horton as well.  That's 6 guys more then willing and able.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL. I want to be Superman ....

Not choosing sides here, I understand what Dez was trying to say .  Lucic wasn't drafted to do the same job as Owen Nolan ,  wasn't he no1 overall  ?  Nobody would have taken Lucic with a top 3 pick .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good job.  

Annoying, isn't it Shupe?  Dez used to be fun to chat with but these days, he makes unrelated points and argues with every person here relentlessly.  I'm not sure if it's even the same guy as before or if the guy we used to be friendly with has stopped taking some important meds.

Either way, the best idea is to take the route that I've adopted over the past couple of months:  Completely ignore everything he says.  It's just not worth it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Good job.  

Annoying, isn't it Shupe?  Dez used to be fun to chat with but these days, he makes unrelated points and argues with every person here relentlessly.  I'm not sure if it's even the same guy as before or if the guy we used to be friendly with has stopped taking some important meds.

Either way, the best idea is to take the route that I've adopted over the past couple of months:  Completely ignore everything he says.  It's just not worth it.

He has a girlfriend.  It ruins us all. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

forget I'm asking

Sections
Shortcuts