Interesting tidbit for you Thornton Haters!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Interesting tidbit for you Thornton Haters!

What exactly did you mean by prototype then? Lucic and Neil are the same player but one of them is leaps and bounds better at the job. That's why Lucic is on the 1st line. Was that the role the Bruins had in mind for him when they drafted him? No, Lucic earned that role by his on ice play but please do continue telling us who's awesome and then acting upset when someone points out who the real prototype is. Lucic came in to the league to do the exact same thing that Neil was. No need to get snippy just because you failed to recognize the real prototype sitting on the B's bench. Yes, Neil and Prust are awesome. Thornton is terrible. Shupe is soooooooo objective that he shouldn't be questioned.

No I was very clear.  i will start with Lucic.  And compare a player to him.  Owen Nolan. Both drafted in First round.  Both can score and fight.  Many players in that line.  Shanny, Cam, Tockett.  Are these players Dave Brown?   Completely different league different question.  If the Bruins drafted Lucic (junior standout) To be a Chris Neil or ST they landed a gem.  I'm pretty sure their vision for him was a first line power fwd in the mold of the past greats I mentioned.  

I said the league will clean itself and rid of players like Scott, like Thorton, like Shelley, like Westgarth.   And taking the role of these players will be guys like Neil, Prust for ie.  guys that can fight, play and keep up in today's hockey.  ST sans fighting would not be in the NHL.  Neil would be.  

I mean if I mention Cartner are you gonna mention Chara?  

you mentioning Lucic with Neil is disresctful to the guy you are flaunting in your bored pointless argument.  and on cue BsL to the rescue.  Which one is batman and which one is robin.  :)

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you just made my point. The Bruins landed a gem when they drafted Lucic. At least you tried to litter your posts with some facts anyways.  And yes, I'd absolutely mention Chara if you tried to call Carkner the "prototype" for NHL defensemen. Forgive me (and my goon squad) for questioning your unbridled objectivity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

"Even though Thornton didn't officially throw a punch in the scrum, the Bruins generally have success when their enforcer drops the gloves. In fact, Boston is 45-16-9 when he receives a fighting major. Even more impressive, the Bruins are 21-4 when Thornton has scored a goal during his career in Boston."

Goes to show you he does his job well & his teammates appreciate him even though many of us don't. And I think that's how the Bruins players feel. "Who cares what the "Skating Clown Theorist" say. We have the deepest team in the league & the best overall enforcer. Glad he's in Boston!

Correlation does not imply causation.

I'll give you a few examples:

1.  Did the B's beat the Islanders a few night ago because Thornton scored at 4:52 of the first period?

2.  In the 6-1 route of the Devils, Thornton fought at 2:07 of the first and scored the sixth goal.  Were the other five goals by the Bruins and the lack of scoring by the Devils both the caused by Shawn Thornton?

3.  Last year vs. Columbus, Thornton fought Boll at 2:57 of the first.  The Blue Jackets scored scored twice, going up 2-0.  The B's stormed back with three and ended up winning 5-3.  How can this victory be attributed to Thornton's fight?

I could honestly go on all night long, but there is no need to do so. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

LOL. I want to be Superman ....

Not choosing sides here, I understand what Dez was trying to say .  Lucic wasn't drafted to do the same job as Owen Nolan ,  wasn't he no1 overall  ?  Nobody would have taken Lucic with a top 3 pick .

Nolan played 4th line until he earned his spot. He fought every tough guy out there.  I mistakingly thought the Bs nabbed Lucic late in round one.  It was 50 th overall.  He was the MVP of the memorial cup and wad destined to play top minutes in the league.  look up Neil's route.  Why is dez comparing Neil to Lucic.  Lucic will never play on a 4th line other then the occasional benching.  He was drafted to be a top 6 power fwd. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

ooops   Didn't answer your question.  If we asked 30 gms who they would rather who they taking.  Why do I think Neil is a beauty.  He can do a little bit of everything in his role.  Can change a game with a big hit- not run into the boards.  The boards make a nice loud noise though.  Neil plays solid minutes each game- not so much for our guy.  Neil chips in on the pp and can actually play 3rd line minutes.- not so much for ST.  Take fighting out of hockey and Neil still has a job.  ST. Nope.  

Still confused or just bored.  Again.  Same as the other day.  I didn't mention Marchand.  You did. I didn't mention Lucic nor would I even put him close to the same league.  But you wanted to give me a draft lesson on 1st round draft picks.  

Good job.  

Annoying, isn't it Shupe?  Dez used to be fun to chat with but these days, he makes unrelated points and argues with every person here relentlessly.  I'm not sure if it's even the same guy as before or if the guy we used to be friendly with has stopped taking some important meds.

Either way, the best idea is to take the route that I've adopted over the past couple of months:  Completely ignore everything he says.  It's just not worth it.

Oh look, it's Super-Hypocrite to the rescue. If only Shupe was a real friend, then you'd be a dink with a friend. Oh well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

LOL. I want to be Superman ....

Not choosing sides here, I understand what Dez was trying to say .  Lucic wasn't drafted to do the same job as Owen Nolan ,  wasn't he no1 overall  ?  Nobody would have taken Lucic with a top 3 pick .

Nolan played 4th line until he earned his spot. He fought every tough guy out there.  I mistakingly thought the Bs nabbed Lucic late in round one.  It was 50 th overall.  He was the MVP of the memorial cup and wad destined to play top minutes in the league.  look up Neil's route.  Why is dez comparing Neil to Lucic.  Lucic will never play on a 4th line other then the occasional benching.  He was drafted to be a top 6 power fwd. 

Folks don't wait until 50th to draft top 6 forwards. Nolan was 1st overall. You're comparing him straight up to a 50th pick and I'm the one who's off base?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

What exactly did you mean by prototype then? Lucic and Neil are the same player but one of them is leaps and bounds better at the job. That's why Lucic is on the 1st line. Was that the role the Bruins had in mind for him when they drafted him? No, Lucic earned that role by his on ice play but please do continue telling us who's awesome and then acting upset when someone points out who the real prototype is. Lucic came in to the league to do the exact same thing that Neil was. No need to get snippy just because you failed to recognize the real prototype sitting on the B's bench. Yes, Neil and Prust are awesome. Thornton is terrible. Shupe is soooooooo objective that he shouldn't be questioned.

No I was very clear.  i will start with Lucic.  And compare a player to him.  Owen Nolan. Both drafted in First round.  Both can score and fight.  Many players in that line.  Shanny, Cam, Tockett.  Are these players Dave Brown?   Completely different league different question.  If the Bruins drafted Lucic (junior standout) To be a Chris Neil or ST they landed a gem.  I'm pretty sure their vision for him was a first line power fwd in the mold of the past greats I mentioned.  

I said the league will clean itself and rid of players like Scott, like Thorton, like Shelley, like Westgarth.   And taking the role of these players will be guys like Neil, Prust for ie.  guys that can fight, play and keep up in today's hockey.  ST sans fighting would not be in the NHL.  Neil would be.  

I mean if I mention Cartner are you gonna mention Chara?  

you mentioning Lucic with Neil is disresctful to the guy you are flaunting in your bored pointless argument.  and on cue BsL to the rescue.  Which one is batman and which one is robin.  :)

Yes, you just made my point. The Bruins landed a gem when they drafted Lucic. At least you tried to litter your posts with some facts anyways.  And yes, I'd absolutely mention Chara if you tried to call Carkner the "prototype" for NHL defensemen. Forgive me (and my goon squad) for questioning your unbridled objectivity.

[/QUOTE]

50 overall is landing a gem.  What's Datsyuk then. Drafting a MVP of the memorial cup is landing a hidden gem?  

Im just glad I didn't compare Neil to the fwd position or you would say Gretzky.  He was a hidden gem as well. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Not too sure they took Lucic to be a top6 forward, did you see the scotuing report on him ?  One ths things they said he wasn't a very good skater . Projected to be a 3rd liner at best.

Lucic did start on the Bruins 4th line and was supposed to bounce back and forth with Providence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

50 overall is landing a gem.  What's Datsyuk then. Drafting a MVP of the memorial cup is landing a hidden gem?  

Im just glad I didn't compare Neil to the fwd position or you would say Gretzky.  He was a hidden gem as well. 

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, do a bit of research anyway please. Lucic was drafted and then he won MVP of the Memorial Cup. Lucic had just finished the season with 19 points when he got drafted. I'm sorry none of these facts suit your opinion that Neil's the best in the biz. Everything you say is right and I'm wrong. Is that better?

http://www.tsn.ca/story/print/?id=209101

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

ouch !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Not too sure they took Lucic to be a top6 forward, did you see the scotuing report on him ?  They said he wasn't a very good skater.

Lucic did start on the Bruins 4th line and was supposed to bounce back and forth with Providence.

He's a terrible style skater. So was Glen Murray.  Fact is he went 50th overall.  2nd rounder.  Fact is Dez wanted to start with me like he did last week when I said I love Hartnell.  I'm really not interested in debating with him much anymore.  I mean he's the same guy who threw his hockey resume at me.  I come in here for the same reason as everyone else.  I mean people call me a troll, pot stirrer, habs fan you name it.  Why?  Bc I go against the flow sometimes.  I sometimes can get animated on here and poke to get a response.  Guilty.  But I like chatting hockey.  For some reason Dez goal lately is to challenge everything I say.  Which is fine.  I didn't expect that from him.  But to each his own.  

shanny 2nd round.  rick t 6th round.  I made a massive mistake thinking they landed Lucic late in round one.  I am deeply sorry for this lack of knowledge.  

somehow Lucic entered a pt about the clowns new role in the next few yrs.  There is a reason those guys bounce around all over the place.  I don't think Lucic is a clown.  I think he's an amazing talent.  I mean I don't buy a lot of team gear but the one Bruin I have is Lucic. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hartnell was another thread, this is another one and Subban, Nash and/or Kaberle are other subjects.  We kind of disagreed on this one but I agree with you totally on Subban's.  Bottom line you move on and whatever happened on other threads should stay on those threads.

You and Dez may never agree with each other and who cares ??? 

and where the frig is NITE !!! Told ya he went fishing and caught 3 or 4 big bacala's (cod) here with this thread !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He's a terrible style skater. So was Glen Murray.  Fact is he went 50th overall.  2nd rounder.  Fact is Dez wanted to start with me like he did last week when I said I love Hartnell.  I'm really not interested in debating with him much anymore.  I mean he's the same guy who threw his hockey resume at me.  I come in here for the same reason as everyone else.  I mean people call me a troll, pot stirrer, habs fan you name it.  Why?  Bc I go against the flow sometimes.  I sometimes can get animated on here and poke to get a response.  Guilty.  But I like chatting hockey.  For some reason Dez goal lately is to challenge everything I say.  Which is fine.  I didn't expect that from him.  But to each his own.  

shanny 2nd round.  rick t 6th round.  I made a massive mistake thinking they landed Lucic late in round one.  I am deeply sorry for this lack of knowledge.  

somehow Lucic entered a pt about the clowns new role in the next few yrs.  There is a reason those guys bounce around all over the place.  I don't think Lucic is a clown.  I think he's an amazing talent.  I mean I don't buy a lot of team gear but the one Bruin I have is Lucic. 

Shupe, it could've been over with a simple, "oh yeah, I forgot about Lucic". I'm not trying to pick on you. I just think your objectivity sometimes makes it hard for you to appreciate the players on the B's bench. Lucic had 19 points in his draft year. He was cut from the team the year before. He evolved into the best in the league at what he does. He's so much better at it than Neil that you chose to act like I was comparing Keith Gretzky to Wayne. You acted like I'm a dimwit for suggesting Neil and Lucic have anything in common and I guess you're right. Lucic is the player that Neil (and every NHL fighter) aspires to be but he started out the same way most of them did. He just evolved faster. I can't wait to hear another sarcastic response. They're just so much fun. If only NAS would show up and teach us all some manners. That would be great.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

My entire pt should have started like this.  the NHL is slowly getting rid of the clowns or guys in the league purely to fight.  They are being replaced by guys that can play that role and also play the game.  I used the word prototype when I should have tied all the above mentioned pts so hall of fame players stayed outta a blog with ST and Chris Neil.  

i don't believe any of the retired greats are clowns nor do I think chara or Lucic are Clowns.  

I think the role is going to become extinct in the near future and replaced by guys like Neil and Prust.  I'm deeply sorry for labelling Chris Neil as the prototype clown of the next generation.  It is clearly Lucic Title.  I have been proven wrong.   I don't want to call Lucic the new king of clowns but my hand has been forced.  

While I'm at it I want to apologize to Hartnell who I said I love.  Apparently saying this meant I hate Marchand.  I am not a fan of Marchand but I don't hate you.  I think your skill is more important than your extra curricular activities and I hope you grow up and play hockey.  For certain I do not want you mentioned with the following. 

raffi Torres.  Ah. Where would I be without you.  Well as I clearly stated last year I was no longer a supporter.  In today's game your hits are no nos. even though I didn't agree with some of your suspensions it is what it is.  I loved your play as an oiler when those hits were hockey.  Unfortunately you are not much different then my most hated player ever Matt Cooke.  

Cheers.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

My entire pt should have started like this.  the NHL is slowly getting rid of the clowns or guys in the league purely to fight.  They are being replaced by guys that can play that role and also play the game.  I used the word prototype when I should have tied all the above mentioned pts so hall of fame players stayed outta a blog with ST and Chris Neil.  

i don't believe any of the retired greats are clowns nor do I think chara or Lucic are Clowns.  

I think the role is going to become extinct in the near future and replaced by guys like Neil and Prust.  I'm deeply sorry for labelling Chris Neil as the prototype clown of the next generation.  It is clearly Lucic Title.  I have been proven wrong.   I don't want to call Lucic the new king of clowns but my hand has been forced.  

While I'm at it I want to apologize to Hartnell who I said I love.  Apparently saying this meant I hate Marchand.  I am not a fan of Marchand but I don't hate you.  I think your skill is more important than your extra curricular activities and I hope you grow up and play hockey.  For certain I do not want you mentioned with the following. 

raffi Torres.  Ah. Where would I be without you.  Well as I clearly stated last year I was no longer a supporter.  In today's game your hits are no nos. even though I didn't agree with some of your suspensions it is what it is.  I loved your play as an oiler when those hits were hockey.  Unfortunately you are not much different then my most hated player ever Matt Cooke.  

Cheers.  

Shupe, you keep saying I was the one who brought up Marchand on that thread. I wasn't but don't let that get you down off the cross. I sincerely don't try to hurt your feelings and I readily admit that with some others I do. Frankly, I like that you can give as well as you get. You're a worthy foe indeed. Some of your goon squad should take notes from you on how to treat people. You're alright in my books. My giving you the business doesn't change that fact. Cheers!

PS. I hate your guts :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shupe, it could've been over with a simple, "oh yeah, I forgot about Lucic". I'm not trying to pick on you. I just think your objectivity sometimes makes it hard for you to appreciate the players on the B's bench. Lucic had 19 points in his draft year. He was cut from the team the year before. He evolved into the best in the league at what he does. He's so much better at it than Neil that you chose to act like I was comparing Keith Gretzky to Wayne. You acted like I'm a dimwit for suggesting Neil and Lucic have anything in common and I guess you're right. Lucic is the player that Neil (and every NHL fighter) aspires to be but he started out the same way most of them did. He just evolved faster. I can't wait to hear another sarcastic response. They're just so much fun. If only NAS would show up and teach us all some manners. That would be great.  

Lucic is not Neil.  You missed my entire point.  Which I have tried to break up for you.  If the Bruins drafted Lucic in the 2nd round to be a clown with aspirations he can be a player they were stupid.  I don't think Lucic belongs in this thread.  I don't. I didn't forget him.  i don't think Chris Neil or Prust will ever be mentioned with a Lucic.  bob probert who is one of my all time favorites would never be mentioned in this blog either and he is more on line with those then Lucic is.  

Sarcasim is flying bc I didn't know there was a rule book with opinions.  I'm not a professional. I don't think you are.  I think you have an outstanding understanding of the game we all love and I respect that.  I am pretty sure I don't track down and hold things against you to try and win an argument on here.  Neither of us are right whether you have 50 saying I'm wrong and agree with you.  

if you believe Lucic should have been mentioned with ST or Neil or Prust fine.  I personally don't think lucic is in their class.  Pre- draft, post draft or current.  Lucic was not drafted to be a 4th line clown.  and that's just my opinion.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Cheers.  

Shupe, you keep saying I was the one who brought up Marchand on that thread. I wasn't but don't let that get you down off the cross. I sincerely don't try to hurt your feelings and I readily admit that with some others I do. Frankly, I like that you can give as well as you get. You're a worthy foe indeed. Some of your goon squad should take notes from you on how to treat people. You're alright in my books. My giving you the business doesn't change that fact. Cheers!

PS. I hate your guts :)

You didn't hurt my feelings on the Hartnell down thread and you didn't hurt them on thIs one or any one out there.  If I get hurt feelings from a Bdc site I should seriously retire from my current job.  And my playing hockey days where the best carves were trying to hurt feelings In the dressing room.  

I fly solo.  No goon squad.  I think everyone here adds a great mix of hockey knowledge.  For example.  Prior to our probert vs domi.  I am probert by the way I danced many dances with chowda- stu the grim reeper.   We disagreed about the color of the sun to the pt he stopped reading replying to my threads.  Which is fine.  I still consider him as one of the best on here and read everything he writes.  

As for NAS.  i wouldn't enjoy this place as much if it weren't for him.  I won't lie.  

Im sure you and I will meet again in the face off circle.  I just hope your clown Lucic fights my clown Neil everyday of the week.  Great trade off. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"You're putting words into my mouth, cut it out!"

In 5...4...3...2...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[]

Lucic is not Neil.  You missed my entire point.  Which I have tried to break up for you.  If the Bruins drafted Lucic in the 2nd round to be a clown with aspirations he can be a player they were stupid.  I don't think Lucic belongs in this thread.  I don't. I didn't forget him.  i don't think Chris Neil or Prust will ever be mentioned with a Lucic.  bob probert who is one of my all time favorites would never be mentioned in this blog either and he is more on line with those then Lucic is.  

Your original point Shupe, was also "comparing" Thornton to Neil.  In todays cap world, it's hardly reasonable to compare one player, to another who makes almost twice as much, while clearly having a different role on another team.  "Prototype' probably isn't the best descriptor for anything Neil either, so you should've expected some argument there.  The gist of your fundamental point may be solid, but the way it was framed invites all kinds of argument.  Not fair to assume another poster is being nit picky here at all.     

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

WOW! I leave for the night & this is what happens? I came across those quotes in an article about ST. I don't think the B's record is a coincidence when he scores, or fights, as NAS tried to prove in his response some where in here. ST obviously brings something to the the Bruins that a bunch of you are failing to realize. He has an impact on this team whether it drives you crazy or not is irrelevent. And Shupe as long as someone like ST can bring to a team that he does??? You're 5 yr phase out plan isn't going to happen. Obviously, his teammates think the world of him & he gives a postitive emotional impact to the Boston Bruins.

And as far as putting Chris Neil against ST? Yes, Chris Neil does play a bigger role. I have a great deal of respect for CN & would absolutely take him on my team. However, I like ST just as much as those of you who don't. Could the B's bring someone else in to play his minutes on the 4th line? Of course they could, but there's no way to know if that player would have the same impact on the team that ST does. Wouldn't matter how many more points he got. ST has earned a spot on this team & he helps it in ways that a lot of you are failing to realize.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"You're putting words into my mouth, cut it out!"

In 5...4...3...2...

LOL. Post of the thread. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And thankyou Nas for not being the one to start this Thornton thread. Fifty lashes with a wet noodle go out to nite.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

And thankyou Nas for not being the one to start this Thornton thread. Fifty lashes with a wet noodle go out to nite.

LOL! Aww comon Chowda...I saw the article & it had to be done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Seguin has 0 goals and Thornton has 1 goal, just saying. Thornton has the second best shooting percentage next to Marchand (who is a first ballot HoFer).  

I think we know who the real star is.

Thornton is here because the M@ssholes love him and the Boston fans have been in love with tough guys for as long as I've been a fan. I agree that the team could use another skill player but usually the 4th line guys will fill in on the PK. With this team, we don't need another PK forward (you'd have to be a PK wiz to start over Berg, March, Kelly, Pev, Camp or Paille).

He's a clown but fans and teammates love him. The Bs could be better off without him but I don't want to see any of our young guys on the 4th line. Move Bourque to the 4th and someone to wing Kelly and Pev? Sure, but I don't see that happening with CJ at the helm.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Seguin has 0 goals and Thornton has 1 goal, just saying. Thornton has the second best shooting percentage next to Marchand (who is a first ballot HoFer).  

Thornton is here because the M@ssholes love him and the Boston fans have been in love with tough guys for as long as I've been a fan. I agree that the team could use another skill player but usually the 4th line guys will fill in on the PK. With this team, we don't need another PK forward (you'd have to be a PK wiz to start over Berg, March, Kelly, Pev, Camp or Paille).

He's a clown but fans and teammates love him. The Bs could be better off without him but I don't want to see any of our young guys on the 4th line. Move Bourque to the 4th and someone to wing Kelly and Pev? Sure, but I don't see that happening with CJ at the helm.

Did you just say Marchand is first ballot HOFer.  Ok I'm being setup. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Did you just say Marchand is first ballot HOFer.  Ok I'm being setup. 

LOL

Sections
Shortcuts