Interesting tidbit for you Thornton Haters!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Interesting tidbit for you Thornton Haters!

In response to Davinator's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Davinator's comment:
    Although both turnovers resulted in a goal, I thought Kelley's Kough-up was the worse of the two.

You're right Dave but it's easier to cut Kelly some slack considering how rarely he screws up defensively.

Touche, but I didn't hear anyone else bringing it up(slack or not)...decisions are made in a split second every time the player's on the ice. I have seen most Bruins take the puck up the boards (with little back-up) and try to stick handle around a situation and the puck is blocked, gets chipped by them, etc.

Sometimes they make quick decisions that turn the tide in the other teams favour.

But Shawn and Chris - try not to let it happen again, OK?

:^)

The whole team missed the memo on turnovers last night I think Dave. I've never seen so many guys try to force passes through people. I didn't look at the numbers but it seemed like they turned over the puck as many times in the 1st period as they did in the first 5 games combined............Bruins win! Bruins win!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

Typo. lol

Meant 10.

He did that once.  Last year he had five.  Useless.

Obviously the Bruins don't think so & I'm sorry to bust your bubble your highness, but they mean more than you do.

Nite, why waste your time debating a guy who said Marchand and Mcquaid were minor league fringe players at best and the Bob McKenzie is just a guy who's sitting around making guesses like everybody here on the forum? He went on for days about why PC was a fool to draft Hamilton because Dougie wouldn't be able to help the squad during his entry level years. Seriously, can anybody remember a single time that this clown actually added something truly insightful to the forum? Was there ever a single player he pointed out that was better than you thought? His miserable results evaluating players are many but I can't think of a single time he was right. Can you? He loves telling everyone else that they're wrong but when has he ever been right on one?

Yea, he's a pita, but he does add something to this forum. I can't help but like the guy even if he's a miserable ol' bastar..d most of the time. We all have our quirks & he has no shortage of his. Cheers Dez you miserable maritme lobster herder! OH wait you're a SJ guy. You miserable dark, damp, Irving owned fog dweller! ;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE

Yea, he's a pita, but he does add something to this forum. I can't help but like the guy even if he's a miserable ol' bastar..d most of the time. We all have our quirks & he has no shortage of his. Cheers Dez you miserable maritme lobster herder! OH wait you're a SJ guy. You miserable dark, damp, Irving owned fog dweller! ;-)

[/QUOTE]

Nite, it's like your standing over my shoulder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE

Nite, it's like your standing over my shoulder.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! Yea I've been to SJ lots... It's not a hard description to remember. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Watch it NOB...I am also one of those miserable dark, damp, Irving owned(employed) fog dwellers!!!

It is not that bad, usually.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

1)Complaining about who should be the 4th line winger is a good problem to have.

2) 5 goals is not useless when you neutralize the other team's goon from trying to goat Lucic or Chara into 5 minutes of being off the ice or hurt (like Callahan)

3) Thornton has coughed it up for a goal but has also scored a big goal for the B's this year.  Even.  It's also worth noting that Lucic probably coughs up the puck the most in his own zone as a winger.  Not as many posts about this...just saying.

4) If you have to rely on your 4th line for scoring, your team sucks.

5) The 4th line typically sees less than 10 minutes of ice per game.  Thornton gets less than 6 because he does not kill penalities.

6) For those who want Thornton out of the 4th line spot, who do you want for his replacement?  Keep in mind point #2 and #4 before you answer.  Also, if you want a young guy there- do you want him to get less than 6 minutes of ice time per game for his development?

7) Some may want a guy with more experience for the 4th line role.

8) Thornton has 2 Stanley Cup rings. Fact. This may help with #7.

9) I watched the away broadcasts of the last two games and both sets of announcers commented on how deep Boston is and "that they have a very good 4th line"....not that it matters much...but just saying.  Maybe they are comparing our lineup to theirs.

10) Too much is made about being a "good guy in the locker room".  Not sure if this ultimately means anything in a results oriented business, but it is better than being a "complete A-hole" in the locker room.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

1)Complaining about who should be the 4th line winger is a good problem to have.

2) 5 goals is not useless when you neutralize the other team's goon from trying to goat Lucic or Chara into 5 minutes of being off the ice or hurt (like Callahan)

3) Thornton has coughed it up for a goal but has also scored a big goal for the B's this year.  Even.  It's also worth noting that Lucic probably coughs up the puck the most in his own zone as a winger.  Not as many posts about this...just saying.

5) The 4th line typically sees less than 10 minutes of ice per game.  Thornton gets less than 6 because he does not kill penalities.

6) For those who want Thornton out of the 4th line spot, who do you want for his replacement?  Keep in mind point #2 and #4 before you answer.  Also, if you want a young guy there- do you want him to get less than 6 minutes of ice time per game for his development?

9) I watched the away broadcasts of the last two games and both sets of announcers commented on how deep Boston is and "that they have a very good 4th line"....not that it matters much...but just saying.  Maybe they are comparing our lineup to theirs.

10) Too much is made about being a "good guy in the locker room".  Not sure if this ultimately means anything in a results oriented business, but it is better than being a "complete A-hole" in the locker room.

This is an excellent post with many good points.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

This team has cap space and skill and is a Cup contender.  All TOI needs to be utilized properly.

Callahan was injured during a fracas with Max Talbot, not a goon.  I'd rather have Chara and Lucic understand that they are not to fight goons (as they seem to understand) than waste a roster spot on on a goon.

All players turn the puck over.  If you spend minimal time on the ice and your turnover results in an opponent's goal, it's going to be magnified.

This team doesn't have to rely on the fourth line for much outside of a breather for the skilled lines.

If he isn't needed for killing penalties and doesn't stop opponents from taking cheap shots on good players (Savard, Horton x 2, Skinner's slew foot on Bergeron etc), then what exactly is his purpose?

Caron or an actual hockey player acquired in trade or via free agency.  Again, the team has cap space.  There are plenty of UFAs that would fit very nicely there.

This team has plenty of experience.

This couldn't possibly mean less.

Digging deep for more reasons here.  Out of town broadcasters are not a quality resource when evaluating the home team players.

Can't really justify the roster spot for a guy who isn't a complete a-hole.  There are plenty of those guys out there who can actually play hockey at the NHL level.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thornton just got his *** handed to him by Scott and it did nothing to change the emotion of tonights game against a heated, division rival! Two horrible giveaways that led directly to goals and got manhandeled doing "his job" so far this season. Not good but bad!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Thornton just got his *** handed to him by Scott and it did nothing to change the emotion of tonights game against a heated, division rival! Two horrible giveaways that led directly to goals and got manhandeled doing "his job" so far this season. Not good but bad!

That was ugly. Noticed Seguin was out with the 4th line long after Thorntons penalty time expired.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

10 punches to 1.  Yeah, that's what you want to get the game started.  What a clown.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

10 punches to 1.  Yeah, that's what you want to get the game started.  What a clown.

Easy opening, not surprising you took it.

Rather Scott bruise his knuckles on Thornton's head than Lucic or Chara.  #22 lost decisively, no shame in showing up against a big guy.  That's his job, he answered the bell.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Rather Scott bruise his knuckles on Thornton's head than Lucic or Chara.  #22 lost decisively, no shame in showing up against a big guy.  That's his job, he answered the bell.

I don't think Lucic or chara losses that badly.  I'm not sure I've seen ST lose that Badly.  he looked knocked out.  He was holding Scott's jersey long after which is a good indicator that he was in lala land

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

People say this often in defense of the B's resident clown.  They suggest that it's better to have Thornton going with opposing goons than to have Lucic or Chara doing it.  There is no requirement for Lucic or Chara to fight fools.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

double

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Who else is going to fight the big ape Scott? Scott wanted to earn his pay and Shawn obliged. Scott is 6' 8" 270lbs, you can't win them all. The B's have Thornton for just these type of moments, and he answered the bell. Jay Miller didn't win every fight either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

People say this often in defense of the B's resident clown.  They suggest that it's better to have Thornton going with opposing goons than to have Lucic or Chara doing it.  There is no requirement for Lucic or Chara to fight fools.

If no one answered, Scott would continue to "clown" it up, as you say.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jay Miller didn't win many at all but he got the same amount of ice time as Scott does.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I don't think Lucic or chara losses that badly.  I'm not sure I've seen ST lose that Badly.  he looked knocked out.  He was holding Scott's jersey long after which is a good indicator that he was in lala land

I think his hand was caught in Scotts jersey and he couldn't get it free.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I have no issue with chara or Lucic going with this idiot if he takes runs at our guys.  The closer the game the less he will be used.  Guess ST shouldn't have said the things about Scott a few yrs ago.  Scott just shut him up pretty good.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I have no issue with chara or Lucic going with this idiot if he takes runs at our guys.  The closer the game the less he will be used.  Guess ST shouldn't have said the things about Scott a few yrs ago.  Scott just shut him up pretty good.  

I don't get that type of thinking.  Trading punches or penalty time for Chara or Lucic with Scott is a horrible exchange for them.  Risk vs Reward?  Send out ST.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Thornton looked pretty beat up, hope he rebounds quickly. Looks like it's Jordan time otherwise.  Caron and Paille could vie for the 3rd line, with the loser going on line 4. I say keep McDermid if Thornton needs time off, and definitely return Bourque to Providence.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

Scott stayed on his skates that long?

btw its called taking one for the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I don't think Thornton was ever considered the reigning NHL heavyweight champ, he just happens to fight, Scott won, time to move on to the next fight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I don't get that type of thinking.  Trading punches or penalty time for Chara or Lucic with Scott is a horrible exchange for them.  Risk vs Reward?  Send out ST.

ST isn't coming back.  If Scott runs Bergie Hamilton rask Seguin for example.  I have no issue with our big guys going after Scott.  Chara isn't a little man.  My pt is only if Scott takes runs at our guys.  I personally believe chara and Lucic would do better then ST.  

Sections
Shortcuts