Introducing the Next Head Coach of Your Boston Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Introducing the Next Head Coach of Your Boston Bruins

Just thinking what it would be like for the people in the first few rows behind the B's bench if Zdeno Chara was coach ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

CJ finally won a cup so i am happy with that. The team is going through injuries and now are getting the original roster back with Peverly skating and reconditioning his knee. Once the healthy bruins are back for the playoffs things will go forward.

If we do get a future coach someday then i would go after Dougie Gilmour or the Hanson Bros.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Introducing the Next Head Coach of Your Boston Bruins:
    Not looking to stir the pot in promoting CJs' demise here, rather just looking to have a discussion about who his successor may be.  CJ won't be here forever, that much we know.  Winning the Jack Adams in '09 and the Cup last year solidifies his position as one of most successful B's coaches over the last couple decades.  He has done a great job. One name that really intrigues me is Adam Oates.  His style probably couldn't be more opposite CJ's, but his past history with Neely and the B's organization makes him a viable candidate IMO.  I forget the details of his departure here, but I vaguely remember there may have been some controversy between him and the organization on his way out the door.  Fill me in if you remember. Who would you like to see behind the bench when the day comes?
    Posted by hangnail

should be most of the people who post on this board! All of them think they can do it anyway

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Introducing the Next Head Coach of Your Boston Bruins:
    Book, you are really in your observable thinking cap on this. Look at how Milbury and Casper performed. then check out the St.Louis record under their new retread coach. I don't always agree with claude, do I Chowda, but he has deserved his kudos. My concern has always been his limited flexibility, some call it stubborn. He's done quite well with this team because Peter has provided him with the type of players who can contribute to the system Claue wants to play. This year is an abberation where the bottom tier was really the bottom tier.
    Posted by bogie6

Nope. But I believe that this has helped our eldest member in remaining active and contributing on the board .

No Claude means no bogie as he'll stray away from the forum to take up his next favourite hobby . I'm just speculating as you do half the time but is it knitting slippers ?

Don't go Claude as I'll miss my bogie ! ( or will he just stick around and bash the next B's coach just as much ? )

Smile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

CJ finally won a cup so i am happy with that. The team is going through injuries and now are getting the original roster back with Peverly skating and reconditioning his knee. Once the healthy bruins are back for the playoffs things will go forward. If we do get a future coach someday then i would go after Dougie Gilmour or the Hanson Bros.
    Posted by orr4neely8

Presently, Gilmour is a GM and not coaching. Hanson Brothers might be a better option with Thornton re-signing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bob Sweeney is the next B's head coach but it's a few years out. Posted by teibore1

The Bruins would become the softest team in the league as Nob Bob liked to smile and talk nice to opposing players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I'm confused why Oates' name comes up at all.  He has no "style" as a coach. Who cares how he played?  Did Gretzky's  'Yotes have his "style" as a player?  I don't think Oates has coached anywhere.  What is the attraction of old "Bruin names" for a position as important as head coach?

If we want to celebrate old names, find a front office position watching games like Neely.

It's like the trade talk that invariably involves a guy with "New England connections."

Who. Cares.

If you need a coach, get a real one, like the Hitchcock signing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm confused why Oates' name comes up at all.  He has no "style" as a coach. Who cares how he played?  Did Gretzky's  'Yotes have his "style" as a player?  I don't think Oates has coached anywhere.  What is the attraction of old "Bruin names" for a position as important as head coach? If we want to celebrate old names, find a front office position watching games like Neely. It's like the trade talk that invariably involves a guy with "New England connections." Who. Cares. If you need a coach, get a real one, like the Hitchcock signing.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Party pooh-pa.

Sections
Shortcuts