Is a trade before the deadline a given?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Is a trade before the deadline a given?

With Savard potentially out for the season, or maybe be even forced into retirment, does Boston needs for blockbuster become a given before the deadline?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Is a trade before the deadline a given?

I don't see a blockbuster happening. This team has done just fine without Savard so far. They are not dominant, but they have a shot at the Cup. Need more secondary scoring... move Paille + picks or prospects to get it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think they might make a minor move but nothing earth shattering. A d-man and a draft pick for a Hemsky? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

A block-buster means they have to move some stuff.  They LOST Savard, so theyd have to lose a lot more to replace him.  How do you get Iginla:  Youll need to trade 2-3 guys plus 2-3 picks.  I dont see a block-buster happening, they cant afford to lose any more guys honestly, unless you could send Ryder or Wheeler plus Paille, plus Caron plus our 1st round pick and sign Jerome to a 4 year deal.  Aint happenin'.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

If they are serious about contending for the cup, yes a move has to be made. This current roster will not win the cup IMO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Blockbuster No.

Tweaking Yes.  Unless the B's add a top4 dman and another scoring winger we won't go far.   With the extra picks and prospects we have it should be easy.

Stuart and Wheeler are bait.  Along with our 1st rounder and 2nd rounder. 

Stuart should be able to net us a nice pickup.  Setaguchi (spell check for Stuart was rumored a bit). 
    Then I would look to Regehr or Phillips.
    You basically add a better dman and fwd.  In my eyes that would make us legit. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Your  likely to see more trade action on July 1st, than you will at this Feb. trade deadline. Ever since the new CBA and salary cap, we really haven't seen the big trade deals that we used to see. Tweaking at best, and le't hope that the Bruins are "HOT" going into the final season ! Hot teams seem to go far into the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

In Response to Re: Is a trade before the deadline a given?:
    A block-buster means they have to move some stuff.  They LOST Savard, so theyd have to lose a lot more to replace him.  How do you get Iginla:  Youll need to trade 2-3 guys plus 2-3 picks.  I dont see a block-buster happening, they cant afford to lose any more guys honestly, unless you could send Ryder or Wheeler plus Paille, plus Caron plus our 1st round pick and sign Jerome to a 4 year deal.  Aint happenin'.
    Posted by bigvig

if thats all it takes I would move Ryder + Wheeler + BOS 1st and BOS 3rd for Iginla in a heartbeat

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

you guys would screw up a wet dream .You would screw up your wishes if you found a magic lamp

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Every place Bruins go knocking, teams will ask for Jordan Caron, Joe Colborne, or even Tuukka Rask.  You think Calgary will give up on Iginla and not ask for one of those guys?  C'mon!  For that reason Bruins will not make a BIG splash.

The asking price for Chris Philips of Ottawa will be less because he's a UFA.  It may take a 2nd round pick.  Is he worth a high pick like that?  That's the real question.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Chris Philips UFA, 0 GOALS
    3 HELPERS -23, 50 GP IN THE 2010 2011 SEASON ,stay home def, plays alot of min,but we are talking ott, might work well with Kampfer ,  (trade value) with them numbers ,a bag of pucks but could fit in with the CJ STSTEM  and bring down his GA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bruinsfan,

Phillips has been a stud shutdown guy for years.  He is playing on a  very bad team. 
    To get him we would have to pony up a lot.  Every contending team with any cap space will be making a run at him. 
    I think SanJose is an ideal fit and they have lots of young fwds to make it happen.  Plus Ottawa/Boston are in the same division.

You may think his value is low.  But he is likely one of the most attractive players out there right now. 
    You gotta think Tampa/Wash/Montreal/SJ/Detroit/ will all be knocking on the door.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Everyone here always says they want a big move but when you mention any of the top prospects in the system like Caron or Colborne you say there is no way or it isn't worth it.  I haven't heard anyone ever offer up a trade option that any GM would make (even Snow).  A deal for Iggy would likely have to include T.O's 1st pick, Caron, Colborne, plus.  Look at Hossa a few years back.  Two young roster players, a 1st rounder from previous draft and a 1st round pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not necessarily. A trade can mess up as much as it can benefit. This team can play well with a few minor tweaks. First, find a fill-in for Savard. My vote goes to Hamill. He knows the system; he is playing well; he will not impact the Cap; and it sends a mental message to Savard that he is not necessarily a replacement. Any other move impacts both savard and the team. Second, keep wheeler on the 4th line and replace Thornton with Paille. Makes the 4th line faster and more defensively alert. Third, could be to trade Boychuck and put Stuart in. Both Bartkowski and Cohen can fill in as #7. This is not a necessity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bogie,

our current roster is not good enough.
    I don't consider adding Phillips a blockbuster.
    I don't think adding a fwd for the top 2 lines a blockbuster.

Bottom line is this team isnt better than the one that played in last yrs playoffs.  Philly is muh better, Pitt if healthy will also be a lot better than last year.  And you know how much cap space washington has? 5 million so they can add on big time and have a ton of young players, prospects and picks. 

Boston needs another guy it can put on the ice to spell Chara.  Phillips or Regehr are ideal.  Regehr would cost more b/c he is signed on for a fw more yrs.

We also need a lot line scoring winger.

We may also need a 3rd line center.

My picks for these roles
    1. Regehr or Phillips
    2. Penner or JP. Dumont
    3. Frans Neilson(amazing faceoff guy and plays well against Crosby).

Players Available: Stuart, Wheeler, Ryder, Boy, McQ
    Picks Available: Any

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Blockbuster No. Tweaking Yes.  Unless the B's add a top4 dman and another scoring winger we won't go far.   With the extra picks and prospects we have it should be easy. Stuart and Wheeler are bait.  Along with our 1st rounder and 2nd rounder.  Stuart should be able to net us a nice pickup.  Setaguchi (spell check for Stuart was rumored a bit).  Then I would look to Regehr or Phillips. You basically add a better dman and fwd.  In my eyes that would make us legit. Posted by shuperman

Agreed that tweaking will make the Bruins better but I disagree that MQuaid is available and that any GM that is trying to move a 7Mil cap hit is in the drivers seat when demanding anything from other GMs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

bogie, our current roster is not good enough. I don't consider adding Phillips a blockbuster. I don't think adding a fwd for the top 2 lines a blockbuster. Bottom line is this team isnt better than the one that played in last yrs playoffs.  Philly is muh better, Pitt if healthy will also be a lot better than last year.  And you know how much cap space washington has? 5 million so they can add on big time and have a ton of young players, prospects and picks.  Boston needs another guy it can put on the ice to spell Chara.  Phillips or Regehr are ideal.  Regehr would cost more b/c he is signed on for a fw more yrs. We also need a lot line scoring winger. We may also need a 3rd line center. My picks for these roles 1. Regehr or Phillips 2. Penner or JP. Dumont 3. Frans Neilson(amazing faceoff guy and plays well against Crosby). Players Available: Stuart, Wheeler, Ryder, Boy, McQ Picks Available: Any
    Posted by shuperman

i think this year's team is better than the one who lost to philly last year. a healthy lucic, krejci, marchand, campbell, horton.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I would agree with Philips or Regher, but their price vs the cap may not do it unless the trade includes Ryder [ ok by me as Imo Arneil can fill that slot] and a defenseman . I would prefer Boychuck before Stuart. All of this has to be after a Savard fill-in is established

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bogie,

i think our cap situation will be the biggest hurdle for sure.

Good News- Horton, Campbell do not give me a nice warm feeling.  Campbell is a 4th liner and I can live with that.  Horton is supposed to be our Go-To scorer.  Well he is not bringing it.  Sure he could in the playoffs but its also a stage and level he has never played at.  I agree with a healthy Lucic and krejci who were our best fwds and I agree that Marchand should be a good playoff guy. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Seidenberg was also out for the entire playoffs. He will help alot.If i had my preference ,Regehr would be the man. Paired with Z would be a great shut down tandem.You wouldn't find a tougher D pair than them.Would cost more to get him of course.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Hey, if this is the team that heads to the playoffs, then I'm not all that worried. While the Bruins do need to show more intensity and Brian Burke-favored truculence, the East is wide open. You can't trust any one of the three prospect goalies in Washington to carry them to a Cup and we did give Philly a good run last year.

Yes, I am forever a dreamer but I keep thinking that one of these years everything will come together for a nice playoff run.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Calgary would ask for Joe Colborne.  Alberta boy. 

So .. do we send Joe Colborne + a pick or two for Robyn Reghr ?

I say no.  Colborne may challenge for spot at centre next year - if Savard is done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Calgary would ask for Joe Colborne.  Alberta boy.  So .. do we send Joe Colborne + a pick or two for Robyn Reghr ? I say no.  Colborne may challenge for spot at centre next year - if Savard is done.
    Posted by olsonstephanie

We can't take on a significant contract in a trade for prospects and picks.Bruins would still need to shed some dollars.Maybe Ryder with Colborne and a pick for Reghr.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: Is a trade before the deadline a given? : We can't take on a significant contract in a trade for prospects and picks.Bruins would still need to shed some dollars.Maybe Ryder with Colborne and a pick for Reghr.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Calgary is gonna be selling (obviously), so Regehr may come cheap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Is a trade before the deadline a given? : Calgary is gonna be selling (obviously), so Regehr may come cheap.
    Posted by beantowngm15

That would be fine if Reghr comes cheap  but it won't change Boston being over the cap.

Sections
Shortcuts