Is a trade before the deadline a given?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Is a trade before the deadline a given?

In Response to Re: Is a trade before the deadline a given?:
    [QUOTE]Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

Dude, is that John Blue?  I was more of a Delguidice guy myself.  No doubt the numbers bear out that Bluuuuue turned out to be the better goalie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is a trade before the deadline a given? : Dude, is that John Blue?  I was more of a Delguidice guy myself.  No doubt the numbers bear out that Bluuuuue turned out to be the better goalie.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE] Heck yeah, wasn't Blue part of that eight man goalie rotation the Bruins had one year? Love those old-school forgotten Bruin goalies. Blue was profiled over at Scotty Wazz's blog back in December:

http://scottywazz.blogspot.com/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]bogie, i think our cap situation will be the biggest hurdle for sure. Good News- Horton, Campbell do not give me a nice warm feeling.  Campbell is a 4th liner and I can live with that.  Horton is supposed to be our Go-To scorer.  Well he is not bringing it.  Sure he could in the playoffs but its also a stage and level he has never played at.  I agree with a healthy Lucic and krejci who were our best fwds and I agree that Marchand should be a good playoff guy. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

campbell: alot better than begin
    horton: i'm just hoping to see the guy we saw at the begining of the year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

The Bruins def have some trading chips:
    1-Wheeler
    2-Stuart
    3-Paille as a throw-in
    4-1st round picks
    5- some guys on the farm: Colborne+others

And the team may get plenty of $$ freed up if Savvy does hit the LTIR

ESPN Insider was throwing around a scenario that the B's may be interested in Parise. It mentione the B's have the trading chips in the NJ Devils are sellers because of their awful cap problems...I am not saying this deal is gonna happen, but it would make me one happy hockey fan if it did!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins def have some trading chips: 1-Wheeler 2-Stuart 3-Paille as a throw-in 4-1st round picks 5- some guys on the farm: Colborne+others And the team may get plenty of $$ freed up if Savvy does hit the LTIR ESPN Insider was throwing around a scenario that the B's may be interested in Parise. It mentione the B's have the trading chips in the NJ Devils are sellers because of their awful cap problems...I am not saying this deal is gonna happen, but it would make me one happy hockey fan if it did!!!
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]
    Parise would look good on any team.He's that type of player.He doesn't need to play within a certain system to have results.As soon as Kovalchuk signed ,me and some friends all agreed that might spell the end of Parise in NJ.Certainly  not because they wouldn't love to keep him,but only because they simply may not have the cash to do what they want to do.On behalf of the rest of the league and its fan base-Thanks Kovie and Lou.Great signing.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

That would be fine if Reghr comes cheap  but it won't change Boston being over the cap.

That is true, but, by cheap, I'm thinking maybe they'd take Boychuk and our second or our first.  The only problem with that is we'd be $406,270K over the cap.  If possible, we could give them Ryder, but then Calgary would be over.  I'm thinking, based on cap constraints and fairness:

Ryder, Ference, Boston First (2011)
    for
    Regehr, Bourque

But, before that could happen, the Bruins would need to shed about 100,00 in cap space.  Maybe Wheeler for a prospect?

Wheeler
    for
    Tyler Toffoli

Not sure if LA would take that deal, but it works out cap wise.  It leaves the Bruins a little under 1 million under the cap, Calgary is about 400,000 under, and LA has about 3.3 million to spend.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]That would be fine if Reghr comes cheap  but it won't change Boston being over the cap. That is true, but, by cheap, I'm thinking maybe they'd take Boychuk and our second or our first.  The only problem with that is we'd be $406,270K over the cap.  If possible, we could give them Ryder, but then Calgary would be over.  I'm thinking, based on cap constraints and fairness: Ryder, Ference, Boston First (2011) for Regehr, Bourque But, before that could happen, the Bruins would need to shed about 100,00 in cap space.  Maybe Wheeler for a prospect? Wheeler for Tyler Toffoli Not sure if LA would take that deal, but it works out cap wise.  It leaves the Bruins a little under 1 million under the cap, Calgary is about 400,000 under, and LA has about 3.3 million to spend.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]
    I'm not opposed to the Calgary deal you mention(another Bourque in Boston would be great).Flames are  dissappointed in Bourque since he signed the extension.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bottom line is...if savvy is not placed on the LTIR(which he should be), too much will have to be given up. i'm not in favor of a radical change, losing multiple players and picks for one player(this is a division leading team). big-time player(iginla or parise) or no deal at all...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Calgary is also back in the hunt for the playoffs.  They could become buyers.  But I think both teams could benefit from a deal.  If Calgary drops out I would give up Colb/Ryder 1st rounder for Regehr in a minute.  Realize how good our backend would be having Regehr as a top 4.  We could literally have either he or Chara on against a team like Pitt and not blink an eye. 

Anyway.  we need some help for sure.  I think this is the year we make a deal that puts us over the top

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No.  Jacobs will not sign off on it unless it's a mediocre acquistion with no impact.

Can anyone explain why I have heard Kaberle's name mentioned for like 3 years now?

Does this guy have magical on ice powers as a defenseman or something?

With Savard gone, this team's PP will be even worse.  If they could somehow secure a solid/good PP producer from the defensive side AND a legit goal producing winger, that's what they need to do.

If I had to choose, I'd choose a winger over a defenseman.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]No.  Jacobs will not sign off on it unless it's a mediocre acquistion with no impact. Can anyone explain why I have heard Kaberle's name mentioned for like 3 years now? Does this guy have magical on ice powers as a defenseman or something? With Savard gone, this team's PP will be even worse.  If they could somehow secure a solid/good PP producer from the defensive side AND a legit goal producing winger, that's what they need to do. If I had to choose, I'd choose a winger over a defenseman.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    Why do folks insist upon bringing Jacobs into the picture?What reason could he have to not sign off on a deal?The cap is what it is and he's allowed management to spend every dollar of it.Leave Jacobs out of it because he has nothing to do with it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If they can make a good deal I think they will. Everyone has seen what a little good luck, health and a pick up or two can do for a team. 
    We have the best goalie in the league this year, we have an ok d-core with Chara leading the charge.  We have a lot of nice pieces up front.
    I still believe we need a go to scorer on the PP(Penner or Dumont) and a top 4 dman. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ipot,

i agree...but if that doesnt happen you at least need a consistant guy that you can depend upon. last year mike cammalleri was a prime example. a consistant goal scorer. 
    we really lack that up front.  every other top 8 team in the east has a go to fwd that can score. 
    the sabres last season were an offensively starved team with a top rated goalie.  thats how I view this team.  and it also plays chara to death.
    I think the bruins can make challenge for the cup if they add a few pieces.  if they dont they wont get past round 2.  Again.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts