Is Anthony Camara the answer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Is Anthony Camara the answer?

Could this kid get his shot on the fourth line? I think the Bruins will move up Paille to the 3rd line and add someone to the 4th. This kid hits like a truck, can fight and even has some offensive potential. The hit he layed in the World juniors really caught my attention. I just think the kid is a julien and Bruin type player that might get a look. chiarelli seems like he will sit tight for now and promote a youngster. I know everyone wants Spooner and Koko but it hard to crack the top 6 in Boston.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Is Anthony Camara the answer?

Is the question "which Bruins prospect was suspended in the OHL playoffs twice, the second time for a dirty hit on another Bruins prospect?"

He'll need some seasoning.  He'll need to respect the Bruins's level of discipline.

Are you not entertained?!?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Is the question "which Bruins prospect was suspended in the OHL playoffs twice, the second time for a dirty hit on another Bruins prospect?"

He'll need some seasoning.  He'll need to respect the Bruins's level of discipline.

Are you not entertained?!?!

I agree Book. At this point, Camara is still more question than answer. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to lucicfan's comment:

This kid hits like a truck, can fight and even has some offensive potential. 

Yes he does...........while in the OHL. He's a little over a year removed from being a 3rd line player ( Saginaw ) with average skills before breaking out getting first line minutes with Barrie.

He has much to improve on. Off to Providence to learn the pro game would be in his best interests is my thinking.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now if Camara crushes it in camp and plays lights out in his exhibition games should he still go to Providence ?

Is the 4th line set no matter how well any prospect does ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Now if Camara crushes it in camp and plays lights out in his exhibition games should he still go to Providence ?

San, there's not a player in camp that won't have a chance to make it if they're deserving. If someone is playing well enough to unseat a regular then so be it. PC will make a move to fit them in if they deserve it. I remember the year that Bergeron came into camp and won his job as an 18 year old. B's brass said consistently that Bergeron left them no choice. My guess is if they earn it they stay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Yes he does...........while in the OHL. He's a little over a year removed from being a 3rd line player ( Saginaw ) with average skills before breaking out getting first line minutes with Barrie.

He has much to improve on. Off to Providence to learn the pro game would be in his best interests is my thinking.

Chowda, in your opinion how much of his offensive potential shown this year can be attrubuted to having 2011 Jet first-rounder Scheifele as his center?  As you said that's top line placement. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

also, are we moving Paille to the off wing? soda can't play the RW, because of his whole being half blind thing. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

There's a big difference between the AHL and playing against teenagers. I think it would take a lot for him to make the team. I like Paille a lot but I think playing on the fourth line better suits him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]

thanks, I respect your opinion

[/QUOTE]

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Tend to agree San.  Seems like there are 2 bottom-6 forward spots open.  Competition between; Soderberg, Smith, Fraser, Spooner, Caron, Camper, Knight or whomever should be pretty fierce.

Camara's style seems like he could fit in nicely to a bottom-6 role if he's ready for it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Camara can

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

PC's comments from today:

Challenge for Third Line Spot

"We’ve got enough candidates that are vying for these jobs that I’m going to wait and see how they play. I have a general sense of how I think it’ll end up, but I’m not going to comment on it publicly because I want to see."

Likely candidates are Jordan Caron, who's now entering his fourth season pro, new "prospects" Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser acquired from Dallas in the July 4 trade, and Jared Knight could be in the mix as well.

Even Anthony Camara will help provide a healthy dose of competition, coming into his first training camp.

"I’m not discounting him playing on our NHL team," said Chiarelli. "But he will probably end up in Providence."

"There’s a lot of guys trying to earn jobs. [The American Hockey League] is a good training ground for a player like Anthony."

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=19051&navid=DL|BOS|home

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So Pandwaful might get another camp invite them LoL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In keeping with the thread topic. No. Unless he pulls a Lucic or Bergeron.  Otherwise promote from within.  No names as it may change the thread!  Hehe. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Quick article on Camara from today.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677954

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Good stuff Crowls.

Energy and persistence alters everything.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This if scenario and question could be asked with any Bruins prospect...................not just Camara. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to stanjon's comment:

why are we talking about a guy who may never see a NHL ice surface. If

there are not any worthwhile topics to talk about then don't create any . Do not feel obliged to create a thread just for the sake of creating one.

Very useful thoughts.

Let's create a thread that stanjon thinks is a worthwhile topic................maybe one complaining what others are discussing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Chowda, in your opinion how much of his offensive potential shown this year can be attrubuted to having 2011 Jet first-rounder Scheifele as his center?  As you said that's top line placement. 

[/QUOTE]

My opinion ?

He improved as a player ( mostly puck handling and hockey sense ) in one years time more then any other Bruins prospect that I've seen in recent times.

He also played with arguably the best offensive player in the OHL last year.

I'm thinking if he had been stuck playing a third line role ( as in the past ) his game wouldn't have improved nowhere near as much as it did.

Playing with Scheifele and producing the way he did, had to install confidence in Camara that he could play an offensive game too...................... not just a running around the ice hitting, fighting, physical forward.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm thinking if he had been stuck playing a third line role ( as in the past ) his game wouldn't have improved nowhere near as much as it did.

Playing with Scheifele and producing the way he did, had to install confidence in Camara that he could play an offensive game too...................... not just a running around the ice hitting, fighting, physical forward.

That makes allot of sense, need to send Barrie's coach I nice thank you gift.

Coaches like whistles

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

If none of these players : Smith, Fraser, Spooner, Caron, Camper, Knight, Camara ....cannot replace Thornton on the 4th line ...my advice to them is : hey kids retire right now and do something else, hockey is not,for you

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

Is Thornton a UFA after this year???  No chance he gets re-signed.

Sections
Shortcuts