Is anyone concerned?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mangler. Show Mangler's posts

Is anyone concerned?

Ok I will start this. I know the Bruins were pretty much locked into 3rd as the season wound down and maybe their play accounted for that but I didn't like the way they finished the season. I thought they were sloppy, didn't skate with much speed, had trouble scoring and getting the puck out of their end was a real chore. Their D worry me big time. Not very fleet a foot and puck movement has to be much better against the fast Montreal forwards. We will also find out very soon if this group has the mental makeup to win in Montreal under tremendous pressure and this series. Based on what happened last year and it is Montreal in the first round. I'm not convinced yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Is anyone concerned?

Not concerned at all.  The Bruins are a good team.  Guys like Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Marchand, Chara... these guys love emotional games and are playoff-types.  The energy should be great for the B's.  The last few games the Bruins were just trying not to get injured, and thankfully that happened.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if by "D", you mean hnidy- then ok, he served up a few in the last few games. the d as a whole gave up fewer goals than all but one team...they definitely took the foot off the gas last game, w/o their captain and top d-man in the league. there was ZERO emotion in that last game- won't(better not) be the case come thursday. GO B'S

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The team has a lot to prove.  Nothing they've done in the past - good or bad - can predict how they will perform in this series and beyond.  They just have to go out there and want it more than they ever did and more than their opponent.  If they do that they'll be fine, if not they'll be teeing it up with Kessel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

playoff hockey boils down to one factor. the team that refuses to lose wins the cup. there is no special formula or game plan, ask last years flyers, you know it kills me to reference that ugliness. but its true 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Always concerned in the playoffs, and we all know they could lose if Montreal and Price play outstanding...

...but, I'd be even more concerned if I were a Habs fan this time around.

I've wanted this matchup, not because I am so confident the Bruins are the best, but because this is the only way to find out.  Bring it on!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wouldn't be playoffs if there wasn't a little knot in my gut - and I don't mean from too many Oatmeal Stouts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Very concerned. Add their inconsistant play of late to a horrible track record against the Habs and you've got a major concern to get out of the 1st round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned?:
    Very concerned. Add their inconsistant play of late to a horrible track record against the Habs and you've got a major concern to get out of the 1st round.
    Posted by Cashman72

Does your horrible track record include the B's 4 game sweep a few years ago?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Not concerned, but the backlash would be enormous if they went one and done.

My only issue with this team is consistency.

They seem to turn it on and off and if they go into Round 2 and maybe get into the Conf Finals, they will flat out get beaten in 5 or 6 games with that issue.

I like the key spots like goaltending, defense and the 3rd and 4th line depth. 

Ryder has got to get it going.  That top line cannot be relied on every night.

Win your draws, skate and draw penalties and then crash the net.

If I see these guys lallygagging around or getting out of positon, I am going to be pissed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

My biggest concern is the PP, Huge component of playoff hockey. I also think that Horton and Lucic will get fewer chances with playoff teams tightening up D in the slot, so they are going to have to get more creative for scoring chances.

Love the first round matchup, not sure it could get any better...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Anxious is the word for me ... but I would be if we were playing Buffalo (perhaps more so).  I really like the B's chances.  Great goaltending, responsible defenders, mixture of strong physical and quick forwards, three lines with different strengths to contend with and a fourth line which will contribute in many ways.  The crowd will be amped in the Gaaahden.  Compare our lineup from the first Habs game this season to now.  I'm very excited ... and a little bit anxious as well.

Game One

Lucic Bergeron Horton
    Caron Wheeler Recchi
    Paille Seguin Ryder
    Marchand Campbell Thornton

Chara Ference
    Hunwick Seidenberg
    Stuart McQuaid

Rask

Game Two

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Wheeler Bergeron Recchi
    Seguin Savard Ryder
    Marchand Campbell Thornton

Chara Boychuk
    Seidenberg Kampfer
    Ference McQuaid

Thomas

Thursday

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergeron Recchi
    Peverley Kelly Ryder
    Paille Campbell Thornton

Chara Boychuk
    Seidenberg Kaberle
    Ference McQuaid

Thomas

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

My only concern is that the Bruins have the proper security in Montreal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Who would you rather have? Chara or Gill? Krejci or Gomez? Horton or Gionta? Bergeron or Plekanec? Lucic or Camerllari? Do I need to keep going! Bruins are the far better team just need to execute now! In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? :
    Posted by samsonov

Price or Thomas?

the habnots or the b's pp?

the b's having only won three times against their archrivals the past two years....

the teams past playoff history versus each other....

shall i go on?

you better believe i'm concerned....  worst possible matchup for the b's to begin a playoff run....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the bruins are AS GOOD AS any team in the nhl. offensively-5th, defensively-2nd, goaltending-1st. if they want it badly enough, AND stay healthy, the cup is a real possibilty. crazy to say otherwise   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Always concerned, and it would have been no different with Sabres or Rangers.  I am looking at it as a chance to further exorcise the demons with a good squad that should be able to win a 7 game series against the smurfs. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=ff783dfefe289f81f88f5682b8eb720a&plckUserId=ff783dfefe289f81f88f5682b8eb720a">
    First: 9/29/2009
    Last: 4/11/2011
    Who would you rather have?
    Chara or Gill?
    Krejci or Gomez?
    Horton or Gionta?
    Bergeron or Plekanec?
    Lucic or Camerllari?
    Do I need to keep going!

Bruins are the far better team just need to execute now!
    Actually on that list its a lot closer than you think.  Camerllari is a proven playoff performer.  That would almost favor Montreal.  As would Gionta and possibly even Plekanec.  That entire list is very very close.  Even the CHara Gill debate.  Gill was amazing last year in the playoffs.  As he was when the Pens won.  For some reason that big slug gets it done in the playoffs.  Lucic is gonna see a lot of Gill. 

Its basically speed vs power.  I think our lineup is better and I would rather have TT starting(and that says a lot since I have praised Price all year). 

I love playoff hockey.  Its gonna be fun.  The war is about to start.  It doesnt get much better than this so why would anyone wanna run and hide.  Bring it on! The best team will come out on top in the end.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : Rask in game one? No way you put a second stringer in for the opening game. I have to wonder what kind of canadian drink you have been slamming? I hope we have seen the last of the backup for this season, if not the Bruins are in big trouble.
    Posted by tukka-fall

Why don't you read before making a comment. That was the lineup for the first time they met THIS SEASON.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

lol In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? :
    Posted by samsonov

Which part is laughable.

How many playoff goals did Lucic have last year compared to MC.  Gionta over Horton?

Homer glasses at its best.  At least be logical.  What are you basing your argument on?  This yrs reg/season stats?
    19-28-47
    27-17-46
    22-35-57
    OR
    30-32-62
    26-27-53
    22-35-57

Yeah that list is very different. 
    If you wanna base it on Stabley Cup playoff stats...well we shouldnt b.c you would be dead wrong. 

The list you gave is very very close as are both of these teams...Cammalleri, Gionta and Plekanec had excellent runs last yr with the Habs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : Price or Thomas? the habnots or the b's pp? the b's having only won three times against their archrivals the past two years.... the teams past playoff history versus each other.... shall i go on? you better believe i'm concerned....  worst possible matchup for the b's to begin a playoff run....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

I believe Boston won 4 in a row against Montreal the last time they played them in games that matter.I remember the Montreal crowd booing Price like it was yesterday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : Why don't you read before making a comment. That was the lineup for the first time they met THIS SEASON.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Guess he totally skipped right over Wheeler and Hunwick and went straight to the goaltender position...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : Rask in game one? No way you put a second stringer in for the opening game. I have to wonder what kind of canadian drink you have been slamming? I hope we have seen the last of the backup for this season, if not the Bruins are in big trouble.
    Posted by tukka-fall

Read much?  Game One was the lineup from game one of the regular season versus Montreal, same idea for Game Two - we lost those games, get it?  Thursday is what we should see on Thursday.  Is that easier for you to grasp?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The D did worry me prior to Kaberle coming. Before then they reminded me of the 2004 era D with zero mobility (Gill, ODonnell, Boynton, McClaren). Thomas is  definite upgrade here....

Sections
Shortcuts