Is anyone concerned?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Is anyone concerned?

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned?:
    In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : Read much?  Game One was the lineup from game one of the regular season versus Montreal, same idea for Game Two - we lost those games, get it?  Thursday is what we should see on Thursday.  Is that easier for you to grasp?
    Posted by huscroft28

I guess he didn't notice you were dressing Wheeler for game 1 too.He saw Rask's name and was off on a rant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : Which part is laughable. How many playoff goals did Lucic have last year compared to MC.  Gionta over Horton? Homer glasses at its best.  At least be logical.  What are you basing your argument on?  This yrs reg/season stats? 19-28-47 27-17-46 22-35-57 OR 30-32-62 26-27-53 22-35-57 Yeah that list is very different.  If you wanna base it on Stabley Cup playoff stats...well we shouldnt b.c you would be dead wrong.  The list you gave is very very close as are both of these teams...Cammalleri, Gionta and Plekanec had excellent runs last yr with the Habs. 
    Posted by shuperman

gill/chara debate was kinda laughable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Who would you rather have? Chara or Gill? Krejci or Gomez? Horton or Gionta? Bergeron or Plekanec? Lucic or Camerllari? Do I need to keep going! Bruins are the far better team just need to execute now! In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? :
    Posted by samsonov

Plekanec is a pretty darn good player. I'd take Bergeron over him, don't get me wrong, but if Plekanec somehow ended up on the B's I'd be thrilled.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : gill/chara debate was kinda laughable.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Yes when comparing one to one,   But what is Chara's role?  What is Gills role.  Both basically shut down guys and Chara gets PP time.  Gill has been outstanding for both the Habs and Pens. 
    Chara is a much better player.  BUT...is it really that much difference in the two?  especially playoff time? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : Yes when comparing one to one,   But what is Chara's role?  What is Gills role.  Both basically shut down guys and Chara gets PP time.  Gill has been outstanding for both the Habs and Pens.  Chara is a much better player.  BUT...is it really that much difference in the two?  especially playoff time? 
    Posted by shuperman

Yes there is!BTW,are you getting your playoff picks in(cbc pool)?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : Yes when comparing one to one,   But what is Chara's role?  What is Gills role.  Both basically shut down guys and Chara gets PP time.  Gill has been outstanding for both the Habs and Pens.  Chara is a much better player.  BUT...is it really that much difference in the two?  especially playoff time? 
    Posted by shuperman

Yes, there is.  Chara rarely gets beat to the outside.  Gill, who is a great second pairing defenseman, does.  Chara is a punishing hitter.  Gill is too slow.  Gill can't keep the puck in at the blueline half as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : Yes, there is.  Chara rarely gets beat to the outside.  Gill, who is a great second pairing defenseman, does.  Chara is a punishing hitter.  Gill is too slow.  Gill can't keep the puck in at the blueline half as well.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Re: Chara-Gill, I agree completely NAS, but I agree with the rest of what Shupe said.

If both teams play their best hockey, the Bruins will win. But the KEY question is: will the B's plays their best hockey?  For me, the jury is definitely out. They are soooo inconsistent, even in their playoff effort, it's maddening.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

To me it's more about who gets (and keeps) the momentum in this series. We don't have to look to far in the past to see what it means. Habs will be content to win just 1 in Boston........and then head to their backyard and hope they can ride on the emotion of their building.
    a
    One thing is for sure, and others have already mentioned it; B's need to play physical, but not to the point where they are getting too many penalties. Habs will make them pay if they do......and that *could* be the difference in this series.

Price is the other possible roadblock. I still remember Theodore stealing a series from the Bruins a few years ago. Bruins need to get into Price's head.....and in his face as much as possible.

So to answer the question; Am I concerned? Yes, it's playoffs, and we're playing our historic nemesis, and anything can (and does) happen. I'll feel better when we have won the series and analyzing our next opponent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : Plekanec is a pretty darn good player. I'd take Bergeron over him, don't get me wrong, but if Plekanec somehow ended up on the B's I'd be thrilled.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

Can't stand this guy. Typical Canadiens player.  Subtly dirty, a total pansy and does not belong in a Bruins uniform.

If that guy skated by me with his stick up like that all game long, he'd be in the hospital.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

Of course I'm concerned...if you're not, you're asleep (or have been). HOWEVER, a playoff without Boston & Montreal playing off is a waste of a playoff season. For one of these 2 teams to advance (to the finals?) without going thru the other would be worse than the Yanks and the Sox not playing off. You just gotta have it.
    It matters not who has the better record. It's the playoffs. Look around the league. How many teams advanced (historically) that had "no chance". Of course I'm concerned, but nowhere near as much as I'm excited!!
    Broonz in 5 and goodbye to the Habs till next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

If the refs can refrain from the Montreal flopping then the B's should win the series in 5 games as they have much more depth than Montreal which allows you to win playoff series.....no one on either roster is of the caliber that Pitt has had in the past handful of years that can literally carry a team through a playoff run given their elite talent!  Both of these teams need all aspects to be clicking to win, and the Montreal PP can win a series if given the chances.  PP goals against deflate teams momentum, and the players get out of their game as their attention/emotion is all driven towards the frustration of the officiating.

We've all experienced the frustration of just plain awful officiating with games in Montreal; hope the B's can play through it, stay focused, and do their job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Plekanic wears a turtleneck, not acceptable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Plekanic wears a turtleneck, not acceptable.
    Posted by Seabasshole

maybe it's a neckbrace, just in case he loses a fight with a stanchion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

subban may be good at giving hickys

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

subban may be good at giving hickys
    Posted by Seabasshole

i shouldn't laugh at this, but i did make me laugh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : Yes, there is.  Chara rarely gets beat to the outside.  Gill, who is a great second pairing defenseman, does.  Chara is a punishing hitter.  Gill is too slow.  Gill can't keep the puck in at the blueline half as well.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS-Dez,

Who has been the better dman in the last 3 yrs in the playoffs???  I am not trying to compare the 2.  But its out there.  Chara is the better player.  But by how much, especially in the playoffs.  Gill shut down the two best players in the world in last yrs playoffs.  I can only hope Chara can do that.  Outside of the PP where is the huge difference???  I don't see it.  Gill is the anchor of that d-unit as is Chara. Maybe Gill gets beat the occasional time but he sure has been money in the playoffs over the last 3 yrs.  And he has made it a lot farther than Chara in everyone of those years. 
    Not sure even you two masterminds can argue that point. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : NAS-Dez, Who has been the better dman in the last 3 yrs in the playoffs???  I am not trying to compare the 2.  But its out there.  Chara is the better player.  But by how much, especially in the playoffs.  Gill shut down the two best players in the world in last yrs playoffs.  I can only hope Chara can do that.  Outside of the PP where is the huge difference???  I don't see it.  Gill is the anchor of that d-unit as is Chara. Maybe Gill gets beat the occasional time but he sure has been money in the playoffs over the last 3 yrs.  And he has made it a lot farther than Chara in everyone of those years.  Not sure even you two masterminds can argue that point. 
    Posted by shuperman

i thought halak shut down the 2 best players in the world in last year's playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : NAS-Dez, Who has been the better dman in the last 3 yrs in the playoffs???  I am not trying to compare the 2.  But its out there.  Chara is the better player.  But by how much, especially in the playoffs.  Gill shut down the two best players in the world in last yrs playoffs.  I can only hope Chara can do that.  Outside of the PP where is the huge difference???  I don't see it.  Gill is the anchor of that d-unit as is Chara. Maybe Gill gets beat the occasional time but he sure has been money in the playoffs over the last 3 yrs.  And he has made it a lot farther than Chara in everyone of those years.  Not sure even you two masterminds can argue that point. 
    Posted by shuperman

Hey you know I generally like Gill as a shutdown guy.I also suspect we could name a few other D-men that have played more playoff games than Zee in the last 3 years.That doesn't exactly mean they're better individual players.Do you think Montreal would be willing to do a straight swap of Gill for Chara?I suspect they would at least consider it(regardless of Gill's Cup ring).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Shup, although I agree with Gill being a good shutdown guy (I remember Jagr saying he was the toughest D to play against), using the playoff experience etc. is not always an indicator.  Lapierre has a good chance at getting a cup this year with Vancouver, doesn't change my opinion of him whatsoever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : i thought halak shut down the 2 best players in the world in last year's playoffs.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Halak was outstanding.  But how many blocked shots did Gill have and how many points did Crosby and Ovie get? 
    To shut down the best two players in the world it takes more than a stellar goalie. 

Gill was voted 3rd hardest to play against, Chara #1. 

Of course Montreal would trade Gill for Chara.  And yes I realize Chara is one of the best dmen in the league b/c he can blend offense in as well.  My point is Chara hasn't played as well as Gill in the last 3 playoffs.  He hasnt. Gill has been outstanding.

Dez, you missed the point on rounds/games played.  Or maybe you didnt.  Actually I would like a list of dmen who have played more playoff games than Gill in the last 3 years.  I would bet he leads the way.  two cup finals appearances and the semi's last year...I want the list!

The entire point was that these teams are more evenly matched than some of the homer club wanna believe.  Experience the Habs win hands down.  

BUT, the past is the past.  I think this Bruins team will be in the finals.  And will play the Ducks.  I know...I know.   Ducks are kinda my West team.  Love that line they have.  I love Selanne throwing punches on the last game of the year.  If Hiller was playing I would almost have them winning it all. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone concerned? : Halak was outstanding.  But how many blocked shots did Gill have and how many points did Crosby and Ovie get?  To shut down the best two players in the world it takes more than a stellar goalie.  Gill was voted 3rd hardest to play against, Chara #1.  Of course Montreal would trade Gill for Chara.  And yes I realize Chara is one of the best dmen in the league b/c he can blend offense in as well.  My point is Chara hasn't played as well as Gill in the last 3 playoffs.  He hasnt. Gill has been outstanding. Dez, you missed the point on rounds/games played.  Or maybe you didnt.  Actually I would like a list of dmen who have played more playoff games than Gill in the last 3 years.  I would bet he leads the way.  two cup finals appearances and the semi's last year...I want the list! The entire point was that these teams are more evenly matched than some of the homer club wanna believe.  Experience the Habs win hands down.   BUT, the past is the past.  I think this Bruins team will be in the finals.  And will play the Ducks.  I know...I know.   Ducks are kinda my West team.  Love that line they have.  I love Selanne throwing punches on the last game of the year.  If Hiller was playing I would almost have them winning it all. 
    Posted by shuperman

Hey Shupe,I know I was grasping but I didn't have the energy to do the Chara/Gill debate again.I'd love to have Gill/Chara as a pair.That's why I wouldn't mind seeing Oleksiak possibly at #9.Cheers my friend of the Fuzz.Go Bruins!(Don't forget the CBC pool).

Sections
Shortcuts