Is anyone here a subscriber to the globe?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Is anyone here a subscriber to the globe?

I would like to read an article KPD posted a while back, but it's archived so I'll need to pay $4 for it. I don't mind paying, but figured I'd ask here first. It's the article where KPD said the Bruins would be better off 'upgrading' the GM from Chiarelli and pursuing Brian Burke instead. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2008/11/13/hiring_this_former_duck_would_fit_the_bill/ Thank you for any help. If not, no biggie!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Is anyone here a subscriber to the globe?

bump up only because this article is typical Boston media .  KPD sometimes......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Can't help you out, but that is hilarious. KPD can be such a twit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Who knows what might have happened if Brian Burke took over for Chiarelli?  The result could have been the same, or even better, over the course of time.  It's not like Burke doesn't have a history of success.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone here a subscriber to the globe?:
    [QUOTE]Who knows what might have happened if Brian Burke took over for Chiarelli?  The result could have been the same, or even better, over the course of time.  It's not like Burke doesn't have a history of success.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

...with a very aggressive all or nothing style.  It's gambling, like with the Ducks it was one and done and I don't believe they made the playoffs the next year.

Good move getting both Sedins, I'll give him that.

And the Kessel deal most likely would not have happened and he has a massive crush on Phaneuf and I think Komiserak as well.

True, you don't know what could have happneed, but I'll wager the most likely scenario would be the current Bruins would look a lot more like the current Leafs, and most likely the Leafs would have Seguin and Hamilton.

I hate Komiserak and Phaneuf, they are team killers like Wideman was.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Who knows what might have happened if Brian Burke took over for Chiarelli?  The result could have been the same, or even better, over the course of time.  It's not like Burke doesn't have a history of success.

true, but I still don't give KPD the benefit of the doubt. He's a curt-schilling level ego/blow hard, and he's regularly on the wrong side of things.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone here a subscriber to the globe? : true, but I still don't give KPD the benefit of the doubt. He's a curt-schilling level ego/blow hard, and he's regularly on the wrong side of things.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Of course, OC.  He's all about speculation for many full articles.  Of course, if someone is going to be regularly on the right side of things (like 50.01%), they should be in Vegas!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

KPD is awful. He used to be ok but I'm convinced now that he really doesn't watch many Bruin gm's at all. I think he and Shaughnessy may be the same person.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone here a subscriber to the globe? : ...with a very aggressive all or nothing style.  It's gambling, like with the Ducks it was one and done and I don't believe they made the playoffs the next year. Good move getting both Sedins, I'll give him that. And the Kessel deal most likely would not have happened and he has a massive crush on Phaneuf and I think Komiserak as well. True, you don't know what could have happneed, but I'll wager the most likely scenario would be the current Bruins would look a lot more like the current Leafs, and most likely the Leafs would have Seguin and Hamilton. I hate Komiserak and Phaneuf, they are team killers like Wideman was.  
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Lets not forget the mess Burke inherited after he took over for Ferguson. The team he took over should have been blown up and started from scratch. You can't do that up there, especially after what they went through, thats why you get the Kessel trade. I know people hate Phaneuf, but he won that deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone here a subscriber to the globe? : Lets not forget the mess Burke inherited after he took over for Ferguson. The team he took over should have been blown up and started from scratch. You can't do that up there, especially after what they went through, thats why you get the Kessel trade. I know people hate Phaneuf, but he won that deal.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I hate Phaneuf like I hate Kessel.  Their pea brains interfere with the talent they have.

Phaneuf's phoney tough is demoralizing.  He fought Horton a few times more on personal vendetta than anything else.  That says "me first".  Huge mistake to make him a captain.  I would have much more respect for him had he knocked around Kessel in practice the way Chara did in the playoffs years ago.

Plus, Phaneuf seems like he's already all washed up.  He plays like he's 10 years older than he is.  I don't understand how someone who was that scary 5 years ago has turned into a phoney tough guy.  I honestly wonder if he has a problem with booze or drugs or something.

Did you notice your open letter thread was deleted?
    I'm pretty convinced that null knows someone at the globe or has a relative at the globe.  He's treated with kid gloves and I've only noticed one of his posts getting deleted.  Any threads or posts against him are immediately deleted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone here a subscriber to the globe? : I hate Phaneuf like I hate Kessel.  Their pea brains interfere with the talent they have. Phaneuf's phoney tough is demoralizing.  He fought Horton a few times more on personal vendetta than anything else.  That says "me first".  Huge mistake to make him a captain.  I would have much more respect for him had he knocked around Kessel in practice the way Chara did in the playoffs years ago. Plus, Phaneuf seems like he's already all washed up.  He plays like he's 10 years older than he is.  I don't understand how someone who was that scary 5 years ago has turned into a phoney tough guy.  I honestly wonder if he has a problem with booze or drugs or something. Did you notice your open letter thread was deleted? I'm pretty convinced that null knows someone at the globe or has a relative at the globe.  He's treated with kid gloves and I've only noticed one of his posts getting deleted.  Any threads or posts against him are immediately deleted.

Yes i did notice it was deleted and I'm sure it was him. Don't give him too much credit, first, I doubt he has any relatives who would admit to knowing him, second, he's just an irate Canucks fan who still can't get over the fact that his team choked a 2 game lead because their best players couldnt handle the pressure and their goalie folded like a lawnchair. Then they trashed an overrated , rain soaked poor excuse for a city. He keeps blaming Bettman, and I have no doubt he's stupid enough to beleive it, now if he said Bettman paid off Luongo to ensure the Bruins won,he might have something, cause it sure looked like it!

BTW, I stayed true to my word and canceled my subscription to the Globe and my parents..Don't think theyve noticed yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

BadHab I think KPD may be null

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone here a subscriber to the globe? : Yes i did notice it was deleted and I'm sure it was him. Don't give him too much credit, first, I doubt he has any relatives who would admit to knowing him, second, he's just an irate Canucks fan who still can't get over the fact that his team choked a 2 game lead because their best players couldnt handle the pressure and their goalie folded like a lawnchair. Then they trashed an overrated , rain soaked poor excuse for a city. He keeps blaming Bettman, and I have no doubt he's stupid enough to beleive it, now if he said Bettman paid off Luongo to ensure the Bruins won,he might have something, cause it sure looked like it! BTW, I stayed true to my word and canceled my subscription to the Globe and my parents..Don't think theyve noticed yet.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's a fan of anything, he is only here to be antagonistic.  He has no opinion, he just has his own home grown conspiracy theory.  And he's the only one with that theory.  I've read over the other sports pages on here and they enforce the rules much more strictly, there are no posters over there that compare to ours.  None that I can find.

So why does this one poster get a permanent get out of jail free card?

Read this fast, it's been deleted the other 3 times I said it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]BadHab I think KPD may be null
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

Much more bitter, much more uninformed.  Could be Shaughnessy.

When that blowhard wrote about playing at Fenway, he went all flowery language and mentioned that the players appreciated the fresh air and that they complained about the zamboni fumes.  I still play a fair amount and I can't remember the last time I saw a propane gas zamboni and I know for a fact Ristuccia and the Garden have electric zambonis.  (Altho I few people responded and their are a couple of propane zambonis left in the world).

That article disappeared that afernoon, no kidding.  As well it should have, as journalist you're not supposed to write fictional articles.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone here a subscriber to the globe? :  So why does this one poster get a permanent get out of jail free card?

His thoughts and posts are stupid and annoying, but they aren't spam.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone here a subscriber to the globe? : His thoughts and posts are stupid and annoying, but they aren't spam.

And that's just it, annoying and only annoying.

It is quite evident that his ONLY purposes are to antagonize and taunt people.

All his posts have virtually the same content, except stated differently.  What is the difference between that and posting 240 pictures of an unconscious Marc Savard?  Posters who have done the latter in the past have been banned.

From BDC's posting policy.

Be nice. No threats, abuse, or spam. 
    Taunting and antagonizing is not abusive?

Be truthful. Don't pretend to be somebody else.
    Saying the NHL is rigged is truthful?

Be respectful. No hate speech. 
    Saying that TT is a member of the KKK is not hate speach?

Debate, but don't attack. Stay away from personal attacks
    He doesn't debate.

True, he is expert at brinksmanship and goes right to the limit on each of these items.  However, if you look at it in aggregate, it's evident that he is contrary to BDC policy.

There are 2 flavors of trolls.  One type posts stupid and annoying posts and people argue with them or give up arguing with them and ignore them.

The other flavor of troll does not engage other posters and their only purpose is to disrupt the forum.  They are bad for the forum and bad for BDC business because they drive readers away.

Sections
Shortcuts