Is Calgary trying to get the first pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Is Calgary trying to get the first pick?

I personally dont think the kessel trade is that bad.  He also fleeced anaheim and got lupol.  

Back to kessel for a minute.  Hes as pure an offensive player as you are gonna find.  I think hes done well in leaf land.  Hes an allstar.  how is that a fail.   Seguin and hamilton wouldnt have turned the leafs into a playoff team.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I personally dont think the kessel trade is that bad.  He also fleeced anaheim and got lupol.  

Back to kessel for a minute.  Hes as pure an offensive player as you are gonna find.  I think hes done well in leaf land.  Hes an allstar.  how is that a fail.   Seguin and hamilton wouldnt have turned the leafs into a playoff team.  

Knight:  Minors

Hamilton:  Benched

Seguin:  22gp, 1 goal, 7 assists

Kessel:  7gp, 4 goals, 2 assists

Yeah, yeah, cap space this and that.  During the playoffs last season, Toronto won this trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

2011 Playoffs

Kessel: Water Skiing with Blake Wheeler in Minnesota.

Seguin: Stanley Cup Champ!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Knight:  Minors

Hamilton:  Benched

Seguin:  22gp, 1 goal, 7 assists

Kessel:  7gp, 4 goals, 2 assists

Yeah, yeah, cap space this and that.  During the playoffs last season, Toronto won this trade.

We get it. You love Brian Burke but there's no way a team that's only won 3 playoff games in over a decade won that trade. Certainly not based on that performance. Kessel is likely as good as gone after this season and the pieces they gave up to get him are likely to go on to have long careers. Burke was deservedly fired in Toronto. His failures there were many. How many months did Wilson last as coach after Burke signed him to an extension? That situation was ridiculous.

Sections
Shortcuts