is dupont officially a troll?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

is dupont officially a troll?

he's now reporting (with the term very loosely defined) that chiarelli is shopping marchand. I think at this point he's making stuff up and hoping people read it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

Re: is dupont officially a troll?

I remember Dupont being a pretty good writer not too long ago.  These days it seems like he's writing for a tabloid rag, which maybe the Globe is alright with.

I doubt Marchand is currently on the market, but wouldn't be surprised if he was offered in place of Seguin when the Bruins were exploring deals for an ealry pick with Florida, Calgary or any other team that doesn't leak trade talks to the media.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Marchand on the trading block is dumb. What would you get back for him? Not an Erickson, not a top 3 player so why bother.

He played awful in the playoffs but come on.

And KPD is such a troll, he enjoys trolling twitter more than most. 

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Yes, he has been trolling HFBoards for years but got chased away so now he is trolling on twitter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Start this video at 2:50 and watch it to the end.

Tell me what the problem is.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/dupont-seguin-believes-he-great

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

I didn't see/hear any issues.  What gives?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

he's now reporting (with the term very loosely defined) that chiarelli is shopping marchand. I think at this point he's making stuff up and hoping people read it. 

The problem is that he is not reporting that Chiarelli is shopping Marchand.  The point he makes very clearly is that he speculated about Seguin and Marchand the day after game 6, and he can not pull Marchand's name out now (I personally think he can, but it is certainly his choice).  He then goes on to say specifically that there is no hard source, it is speculation.

As an aside I love that Evander Kane is the name he comes up with.  That should solidify the culture change.  (BTW I like Kane, it just seems he has some maturity issues at this point)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Im pretty sure he said he 'wouldnt be surprised' if they were shopping him around.  Doesnt mean he's on the block.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think there is anything wrong with what he is saying.  I just disagree.  I would be surprised -- shocked -- if Marchand is moved at this point.  I don't think KPD has been out of line though.  He was out in front of the Seguin deal for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

what he said on tv is fine. he trolls on twitter though. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The interesting remark was KPD stated he had a column a day or two after the loss in Game 6.  He said he was laughed at by all when he said he would not be surprized if Marchand and Seguin were traded.  He goes onto to say, Seguin was a week later. Then he tripped out saying he was right on Seguin.  That kind of posturing is nothing more than news being generating by news "journalists".  The condemnation of immaturity of Seguin et al. is juxtaposed with KPD promoting the news as if he was the news.  Yikes. 

As for Evander Kane,  RickyHussle is correct.  Evander Kane is a cancer on Winnipeg so why trade for him after criticizing Seguin or even Marchand.  Nada.

KPD is a spin doctor!  Stanley=KPD.  Troll logic. 

BDC log in issues are just insane! Help!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

That does seem to be true.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Additionally, simple math is what's wrong with KPD's theory. If you keep trading 2-for-1's, you will wind up with half a team. Although I think trading Marchand and Kelly is ludicrous, I think KPD would fit right in with the "trade ______ now" crowd that trolls this place.

Chia has been brilliant IMO this off-season (short of a $7.5+ million contract for a non-Cup winning, non-Vezina winning goalie) and trust the guy to do the right thing if not have his head in the right place. KPD can go suck a d1ck.

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"Well, Seg/Pev brought Eriksson, right? So, presume March/Kell could bring March LW upgrade. Then replace Kell from w/in org."

This is from his twitter.

I doubt he ever said the B's were "shopping" Marchand.  He's looking at a lot of different possibilites.  I love this idea.  Before everyone blows me up, read it twice.  It says an upgrade over Marchand.  Who knows who that is, but if it's an upgrade, then make it happen.  Third line center who wins faceoffs and kills penalties and doesn't score won't be hard to find for a lower salary than Kelly's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Third line center who wins faceoffs and kills penalties and doesn't score won't be hard to find for a lower salary than Kelly's.

A third line of ________ Yeti _________ doesn't light my heart on fire. Unless the plan is to roll 3 lines and move Cambell and Paille up a line, too many unproven parts for my liking. 4 responsible balanced lines wins Cups these days.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think KPD is doing his job on this. He never said that Marchand & Kelly are being shopped. He said he wouldn't "Be surprised." if they got traded & shredded that 7-7.5 salary for an upgrade of one player to play on the left side. He never said "Kane", but used that type of talent level as a replacement. He never gave the name until he was asked for an example. Kane is highly talented, but has had some youth issues of his own. I don't think the B's would get rid of one & bring in another. Doesn't make sense, but for a guy like say... Thomas Vanek? Again this would be hard to accept, but feasible & possible. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I think KPD is doing his job on this. He never said that Marchand & Kelly are being shopped. He said he wouldn't "Be surprised." if they got traded & shredded that 7-7.5 salary for an upgrade of one player to play on the left side. He never said "Kane", but used that type of talent level as a replacement. He never gave the name until he was asked for an example. Kane is highly talented, but has had some youth issues of his own. I don't think the B's would get rid of one & bring in another. Doesn't make sense, but for a guy like say... Thomas Vanek? Again this would be hard to accept, but feasible & possible. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

I would rather keep Marchand & Kelly. 

I think this is the team that will start next season. I do not see any other trades/signings coming.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

[QUOTE]

I would rather keep Marchand & Kelly. 

I think this is the team that will start next season. I do not see any other trades/signings coming.

[/QUOTE]

So would I, but Vanek is an all-star lw & has 7 straight 20+ goal seasons on an offensively challenged team 06' & 07 being the exception. He's certainly has the same type of offensive #'s, or better than an Eriksson, Marchand, Seguin, Peverly & Kelly. IF PC is looking to find goal scores from the left side. Vanek certainly fits the bill & the Bruins would be rid of one of their biggest killers in the league. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

[QUOTE]

That does seem to be true.

[/QUOTE]

From what I read on twitter I take it more that he's trying to goad & torment. I think he gets a lot of "hate" tweets. So, this is his way of paying back. He talks like this to be the instigator. I take only half of what he says seriously. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[/QUOTE]

So would I, but Vanek is an all-star lw & has 7 straight 20+ goal seasons on an offensively challenged team 06' & 07 being the exception. He's certainly has the same type of offensive #'s, or better than an Eriksson, Marchand, Seguin, Peverly & Kelly. IF PC is looking to find goal scores from the left side. Vanek certainly fits the bill & the Bruins would be rid of one of their biggest killers in the league. 

[/QUOTE]

Still, I don't think Vanek fits the team. It's always about balance with the B's.

Tell me watching Bergy and Marchand forecheck and control the play doesn't do it for you. At times, watching these 2 this year, almost made me forget who was playing on the other wing.

I truly hope they do not move Marchand. He brings a lot more to the team than just the offensive numbers. I know that some may say he takes dumb penalties, etc. I say it comes with that type of player. The type that most teams wish they had. 

That line will be even better this year with Eriksson/Iginla on it.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Still, I don't think Vanek fits the team. It's always about balance with the B's.

Tell me watching Bergy and Marchand forecheck and control the play doesn't do it for you. At times, watching these 2 this year, almost made me forget who was playing on the other wing.

I truly hope they do not move Marchand. He brings a lot more to the team than just the offensive numbers. I know that some may say he takes dumb penalties, etc. I say it comes with that type of player. The type that most teams wish they had. 

[/QUOTE]

He fits ANY TEAM if the team is looking for a consistent offensive guy. You're mis-interpenting what I'm saying here. I never said I wanted this to happen. I never said I'd be OK with it. I'm saying that IF PC & the B's want to change some culture & get a game breaker that they could've used in the SCF. They were hoping for the same type of heroic's from Marchand that he showed in 2011. It didn't happen for him. His last 2 play-offs have been average at best. Vanek is someone that the Sabers have been rumored to be willing to move along with Miller. He's making 7.1. Marchand & Kelly combined are making 7.5. See what I'm saying here? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He fits ANY TEAM if the team is looking for a consistent offensive guy. You're mis-interpenting what I'm saying here. I never said I wanted this to happen. I never said I'd be OK with it. I'm saying that IF PC & the B's want to change some culture & get a game breaker that they could've used in the SCF. They were hoping for the same type of heroic's from Marchand that he showed in 2011. It didn't happen for him. His last 2 play-offs have been average at best. Vanek is someone that the Sabers have been rumored to be willing to move along with Miller. He's making 7.1. Marchand & Kelly combined are making 7.5. See what I'm saying here? 

[/QUOTE]

I get what you're saying but I think that culture change already happened last week. We just added 2 other game breakers. I like Vanek's offensive game but I much rather keep Marchand & Kelly. As I said, I'm gonna love that 2nd line next season. I really like our top 6 right now.

Sections
Shortcuts