Is Eriksson a bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Is Eriksson a bust

He gets an "inc" from me.  Too few games.

Prior to the concussion, he looked like he was spending too much time thinking things through.  It's not unreasonable to think that's part not being used to his linemates, and part Marchand being in a fog.  Eriksson started looking better after Marchand was demoted.

He's probably got about 4 games now before I'd start thinking he needs to be juggled.  Extra leeway because of the missed games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

He is yet to have a game in the minus column so I wouldnt say he is hurting the team. His scoing will come around, might take a little while after the concussion though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

I knew he wasn;t a very exciting player but SO FAR he's even more boring then i thought. His shot reminds of those low wrist wobbly shots Jagr took last year in the playoffs and truly i was expecting. The thing is posters have already began excusing his softness something that they did not no in the past with well you know,- Anyhow yes it is early but even if he progresses anf fininshes the year say with 18-20 those bright posters will say well that's what i expected because he is really playing well defensivley and h respects all the curfews. This is what disturbs me. Like i said though too early but so far thumbs down all th way to china

Your posts are unreadable.

I don't think you should be calling anyone else "bright" in a sarcastic manner.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

relax

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

What exactly would it mean to "give up on him" anyway?  Get some app for your TV or computer that edits him out of games so you don't have to watch him?  Mentally correct every mention of him in the box score to "Bergeron"?  Go to the Garden and punch him in the throat?

Guy's on the roster and I doubt he's going anywhere.  He's scoring at exactly the same pace as Bergeron.  1 goal and 1 assist every five games.  He has no reputation as a physical player, so I didn't expect that, and I haven't seen any evidence that he has a case of the Seguins.  I think he's just fighting it, trying to do the right thing and not having it work out a lot of the time.  The game against the Stars, he made a couple of really smart plays - not on the perimeter - but no one read off of them and so he created lanes for passes that should have led to good shots, but this linemates weren't where they needed to be to capitalize - they were late or they weren't sure what he was doing.  That will come.

He wasnt brought here to make a couple smart plays.  He was brought in to be a complete player and light the lamp.  Hes not doing this.  "Giving up on him" to me since i phrased it means maybe hes not the player we thought- maybe he cant play in the big market- maybe his points were scored on a terrible team when there was no pressure.  I probably used the term incorrectly and should have said give him some time.   I am concerned either way i write it down.  

I wish he would get a case of the Seguins 6g 9a.  They got Seguin to score.  Hes living up to his end of the deal.  

Maybe thats why Tyler is getting his points, no pressure,doesn't have to backcheck or win face-offs and not a hockey market.No one in Dallas really cares what Tyler does, in Boston they did.

Pretty sure he did ok in boston.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

My point, shupe, is what are you going to do differently to "give up on him?"  Just stop expecting him to score?  I'm not busting cojos, here - I just really don't get what it means to say you're going to give up on a player on the team you follow, especially after 10 games.  Does it mean even more riveting debate about how unacceptable it is (I just realized Stanley is SuperNanny) that Spooner is in the minors and Eriksson is on the second line?  Does it mean a Stanley/Peverley situation?  I just find it odd because you're (generic you) not doing anything you'd stop doing, anything that has any impact on Eriksson's production, and that's what give up usually means.

No doubt Eriksson has yet to produce the way he has. I was among those who thought that, if the chemistry evolved quickly, Bergeron-Marchand-Eriksson was a line that could lead to career numbers for each guy.  I still think there's a ton of potential there, but it hasn't happened yet.  And I still see what I wrote on another thread a while back - Marchand and Bergeron don't seem to be looking for Eriksson.  I see him breaking open often enough, but the puck doesn't get to him.  They're not on the same page as a line.

i guess its a frustration from what he has offered.  I believe he has great skill and an overall game.  Im sure it will come around eventually.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I knew he wasn;t a very exciting player but SO FAR he's even more boring then i thought. His shot reminds of those low wrist wobbly shots Jagr took last year in the playoffs and truly i was expecting. The thing is posters have already began excusing his softness something that they did not no in the past with well you know,- Anyhow yes it is early but even if he progresses anf fininshes the year say with 18-20 those bright posters will say well that's what i expected because he is really playing well defensivley and h respects all the curfews. This is what disturbs me. Like i said though too early but so far thumbs down all th way to china

sorry learned my writing skills or lask thereof at the academy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

here is a question though why does eriksson need more time to adapt and he's playing on a good team and yet

Seguin adapted fully well quickly in dallas on a mediocre team

Let me guess; It's Julien system .  that's bs 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Nice.

Now now! LACK THEREOF that better - hey I already admitted to my poor writing skills but little anal there don't 

You think

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

What exactly would it mean to "give up on him" anyway?  Get some app for your TV or computer that edits him out of games so you don't have to watch him?  Mentally correct every mention of him in the box score to "Bergeron"?  Go to the Garden and punch him in the throat?

Guy's on the roster and I doubt he's going anywhere.  He's scoring at exactly the same pace as Bergeron.  1 goal and 1 assist every five games.  He has no reputation as a physical player, so I didn't expect that, and I haven't seen any evidence that he has a case of the Seguins.  I think he's just fighting it, trying to do the right thing and not having it work out a lot of the time.  The game against the Stars, he made a couple of really smart plays - not on the perimeter - but no one read off of them and so he created lanes for passes that should have led to good shots, but this linemates weren't where they needed to be to capitalize - they were late or they weren't sure what he was doing.  That will come.

He wasnt brought here to make a couple smart plays.  He was brought in to be a complete player and light the lamp.  Hes not doing this.  "Giving up on him" to me since i phrased it means maybe hes not the player we thought- maybe he cant play in the big market- maybe his points were scored on a terrible team when there was no pressure.  I probably used the term incorrectly and should have said give him some time.   I am concerned either way i write it down.  

I wish he would get a case of the Seguins 6g 9a.  They got Seguin to score.  Hes living up to his end of the deal.  

Maybe thats why Tyler is getting his points, no pressure,doesn't have to backcheck or win face-offs and not a hockey market.No one in Dallas really cares what Tyler does, in Boston they did.

Pretty sure he did ok in boston.  

Except when it counted most, when he had a chance to be a primetime player, 2013 SCF no show.Actually the entire playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

We've got four new guys on the top three lines. I'm excited about all of them. Because of injuries and some shuffling, there have been some continuity issues and there lies the root of the mixed results. I like the make up of the lines right now. I hope Claude leaves them intact and gives them some time to develop together. We've seen glimpses of great play from all of them. As they learn each other's tendencies and get comfortable they'll get a good flow going. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thanks to those who posted their thoughts, like to see more "hockey" discussions. The lack of agression was also noted, and those who have seen him say that's just his style. To me, in my dotage, It's why Don Cherry did not appreciate Swedish players that much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

In response to bogie6's comment:

Since I'm wondering why Bergeron and Marchand, who are both working hard, are not reaping the rewards, I focused on the third member Eriksson for the past two games, and have formed some opinions. He has become timid when on the ice. He doesn't go into scrums; he floats around the perimeter; and he is not using his former speed  and skills. Granted these all may be the result of his concussion, and a growing concern to avoid any further hard hits. While that reaction is understandable, he's not helping the bruins. I cannot imagine that Claude, and others have not noticed this trend, but, then again Claude does leave Thorny in the starting lineup. Eriksson was the last man up the ice when Florida scored, and he was slow in coming back, so he's not pushing himself. When on PK with Bergie, he does not break hard up the ice when Bergie gets a turnover; he kindof floats and then goes to the bench. Anyone else see these concerns ?

I'd have to say that I've been disappointed in his style of play thus far. The production doesn't bother me so much because his skill is evident. There doesn't seem to be any aggression in his game at all - it's has been a reason for concern. Time will tell, but so far, I'm not seeing it. He's still enjoying the honeymoon, but it won't be too long before that's over. Time to take it up a notch or three Loudog.

Bogie - The Shawn Thornton thing is way over rated...imo. This team is displaying lots of troubling signs right now. The 4th line and Shawn Thornton are way down the list of things to worry about. I never watch a game and think - wow if we could only get more production from the 4th line, or - jeez, Caron should be on the ice instead of 22. Like I said, there are a lot of critical comments that would be valid - Shawn Thornton's impact isn't one of them.

I agree. I don't care how old bogie is & how much slack he supposed to get, but the mentioning of Thornton, CJ & the B's d is gettin old as him! CJ has been chosen as one of the coaches for one of the Worlds greatest hockey teams on the planet! Bogie is?????? Can someone help me here? It's coming to point where I need to say.. Bogie... Shut Up! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

nite...shut up. [SCORES!!!]

Bogie's no different than most of us - he has a hobby horse.  For the most part, even when his posts have nothing to say about 22, the coach, or Chara getting slow, my brain sees "bogie6" and adds them in anyway.  It's like, when Thomas was in Boston, I never bothered to read any of your posts on threads about Thomas because they were all the same post telling anyone who made the usual inane comments about Thomas's style or rebound control or whatever to go do things to themselves that the human body isn't meant to do.

And bogie never tells anyone to shut up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Tyler racking up points in the regular season is no surprise, everyone knew he would do that.

Louie looking unengaged is what surprises me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Unengaged and passive are interpretations.  I don't think they're fact.  What looks like a guy who isn't fully engaged or aggressive (don't have to be physical to be aggressive) is really a guy who isn't playing instinctively - someone said too much thinking - and who's trying not to make mistakes.  Get him the puck more and the acclimitization will happen more quickly.  He's a very talented guy, and never looked like soft player in Dallas.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Too many equate poor play with lack of scoring.  There's more to being an effective NHL player than scoring goals, but in Loui's case he'll need to score to make us happy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

He is yet to have a game in the minus column so I wouldnt say he is hurting the team. His scoing will come around, might take a little while after the concussion though.

That's not asking a lot.

Where's GOAT ? - I need him to tell Eriksson too SHOOT!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

here is a question though why does eriksson need more time to adapt and he's playing on a good team and yet

Seguin adapted fully well quickly in dallas on a mediocre team

Hate to do this but I agree with this statement....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

All I know is I really want to be wrong because according to some the roster is better this year So that makes us a shoe in to win the cup . Of course not the division is stronger - Bs

our roster is weaker.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Claudes system would even make the great one look like a bust Eriksson will be ok give it time 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Just throwing this out there but maybe Eriksson is just continuing where he left off last year....underperforming and increasingly irrelevent offensively?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to bruinsfan084evr's comment:

Claudes system would even make the great one look like a bust Eriksson will be ok give it time 

I think there is some truth to that (unfortunately).  However I believe PC, Neely and CJ build teams for the rigors of playoff hockey.  That means defensive responsibilty first that produces an overall positive team goal differential - teams with negative goal differentials are golfing in April for the most part.  Yup, give it time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to bruinsfan084evr's comment:

I knew this would come. I think some really put way to much emphasis on julien style of play like he's got this unique brand of hockey that's takes a special breed of players to plsy in- come of it these are nothing but excuses.  

Sections
Shortcuts