Is everyone alright?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Is everyone alright?

One of the most celebrated days of the year in Boston will be scarred for life by this cowardly act  that went down today. Thoughts and prayers to everyone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Here.

That actually made me laugh a little.  Sad day up here though.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Prayers for all those affected by this horrific and cowardly act.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Makes me sick to my stomach to think an 8 year old was part of the victims. My prayers are with all those affected.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Just a reminder -- again -- that our great game of hockey which we are all so fanatical about is just a microcosm of this wacky world we exist in. Living just a short drive across the river from the 911 World Trade Center -- my thoughts and prayers go out to all that were either immediately affected or impacted by a loved one who was.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Just saddened . 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Newbury St. is littered with cameras, I guarantee there are people going through all those tapes right now. Then they'll sequence them with traffic light cameras, sattelite images and cameras from local businesses and apartments and know who they are, where they came from, and where they went within 48 hours.

Supposedly they located 5 other packages along the route, which will certainly help them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

My girlfriend and I watched the top ten male racers finish around 1 PM. Stood directly in front of LensCrafters on Boylston next to the finish line until 1:30 before moving down to stand across from the Prudential Center. Watched until 2 PM before walking back to her apartment via Storrow Drive Bike Path along the Charles. Later saw on television the exact spot I was standing in front of LensCrafters was covered in blood and glass. 

Truly horrifying events today that I will never forget. My prayers are with any and all who are affected. Just heard that one fatality was an eight year old child. Some people are truly sick. I will not sleep soundly tonight. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

All good here, red. Thanks.

My wife and I walked through that area on the way to the Sox game yesterday. very surreal seeing it all unfold today. We have family that live in Dot not far from the JFK library and a nephew at Berklee, he was in the genral area but he's fine. Several others family members were at the marathon but were not that close to the finish line at the time of the explosions.

Prayers for those affected.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thoughts and prayers are with everyone.

Take care out there.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I was at the near the finish line when they went off. One goes off ahead of me then one goes off behind me. Almost surreal, like this day never happened. Crazy. My heart goes out to those effected. You never really think you will have to witness something like this. There are some sick individuals out there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

I was at the near the finish line when they went off. One goes off ahead of me then one goes off behind me. Almost surreal, like this day never happened. Crazy. My heart goes out to those effected. You never really think you will have to witness something like this. There are some sick individuals out there.

Glad to hear you are alright.

I have worked out of country for NGO's in the past and have seen my share of violence but never in close proximity. Nuts.

Crack a cold one and celebrate life....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I'm still breathing in Bahston. Im late to this thread, just busy replying to NAS's "MAYBE Marchand got abducted by aliens" thread.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

You have some luck bud. Glad to know you're alright.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.  I agree that one of the most celebrated days of the year for Bostonians is forever tarnished with sadness over an unspeakable and cowardly act.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Terrible, terrible news.  My thoughts are with the runners, their family and friends who were at the finish area, all the workers and volunteers and, of course, the first responders.

Sickens me to think that there are monsters out there who plans acts like these.

I know that we have our differences, but I hope everyone who was injured recovers from this senseless act.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Here.

Good.

(You're military too?)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Is it bad to wonder if Lucic will play with some passion after an event like this?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Wow, I'm overseas and havn't had internet reception today until now. Just logged on and saw this horrible news.  Hope everyone and their families are safe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Relieved that those who have checked in are alright and hoping anyone who hasn't just hasn't.  Terrible thing, and cruel to use a device designed to cripple those who it doesn't kill at an event for people who have fine-tuned their bodies to be running machines.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

My thoughts are the same as the others on the thread.  I live in NH but Boston is like part of my state of mind, New England.  My daughter's husband is a fireman on Boylston St., my first text was to her.  He was not on duty.  So many were not so lucky.  I am spiritually upset and deep down angered.  I know the higher calling is to help and care.  I am also very pleased at the reaction of those who thought to help while seemingly endangering themselves.  Seeing those in uniform acting in a honorable fashion was heartening. To those in Boston affected by the tragedy, my deepest thoughts of compassion go out to you.  The anger is suppressed, but it will be channeled to find out why this happened.  

Sections
Shortcuts