Is Hamrlik better than Corvo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Is Hamrlik better than Corvo?

I hear that Hamrlik is being on the trade block this could be good #7 d man he is 
    not a very fancy player but will get the job done, W/O losing any asset via trade.
    He is also a good PK d man and stay back type.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Is Hamrlik better than Corvo?

Yes, I would say he's better...but he's not that much better

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think he is.  Was an important piece to Montreal's PP success in years past. Very good shot blocker.
    Montreal gambled with him , thinking Markov would recover and that is why they did not sign him.
    I also think the Bruins like him but like other teams teams are hesitant with his 3.5M next season. 
    He was made available yesterday , I'm sure there are teams already negotiating.
    I don't expect the ultra aggressive Flyers go after him also .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Why do people knock Corvo? He's not Bobby Orr. What were you expecting? He's a decent 4th or 5th Dman. He's way better than Kaberle....and last time I checked his #s were better than Sedenberg's and everybody loves Seids even though he has no offense skills for the most part...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankscorpio. Show hankscorpio's posts

Corvo is a servicable 4th, 5th, 6th defenseman.  I do think Hamrlik is a bit of an upgrade - particularly in the playoffs with his shot-blocking ability.  Plus, with Hamrlik signed for next year, he could simple take over Corvo's spot if we don't resign him (or hope Hamilton is ready for the big-time).  On a side note with Hamrlik, he's been very durable, and is top ten all-time in NHL games played by defenseman and top 30 in defensive points too - somewhat upderrated, but has never been looked at that way since he was a number one overall pick.

To me, this is intriguing because the Caps have a couple of decent, veteran, depth forwards who might be had in a bigger deal.  The B's could really use Knuble or Halpern if they were available.  I wouldn't give up the farm just for Hamrlik, but if you could grab one of those two guys for some veteran leadership and depth, it might be worth it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

In Response to Is Hamrlik better than Corvo?:
    [QUOTE]I hear that Hamrlik is being on the trade block this could be good #7 d man he is  not a very fancy player but will get the job done, W/O losing any asset via trade. He is also a good PK d man and stay back type.
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

No way ...I was watching Corvo again last night and I wonderwhy everyone is on his back ,,,he's got great offensive skills, great hands ....he might not be the best densive D but he is doing a very decent job ...I would want Hamrlik ...benched 2 games in a row by the Caps that says it all.....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hold on a second.  Everybody get sober, will you all?

Kaberle was better than Corvo, not much better mind you, but still he was/is better.

Would I want Kaberle on any team I'm rooting for?  No.

And I'll say it for the billionth time, Wideman has a unique talent for committing an error just at the right time to totally deflate your time.  It might not be a turn over for a goal, but it is enough to suck the life out of a team.  Despite the better numbers Wideman turns up, I don't want him on "my" team.  Nor Kessel, nor Komiserak, nor Phaneuf.

Corvo is not the new Wideman, he's not as good as Wideman, but unlike Wideman he can't singlehandedly cause a loss.  And neither did Kaberle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I have no problem with Corvo. I would like a spare D, one that is experienced and shoots left. Hamerlik fits the bill.  He's on the downswing, but I think he could step up if called upon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

My bad, Hamrlik is signed through next season at 3.5.  I'd take him for this season, but not for next.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Corvo's not our biggest concern on D - it's depth. I'm not worried about the offensive output as much as reliability and stability. I'd rather the Bs pickup someone like Andy MacDonald or Mark Stuart, a left-shooting shot blocking machine, than worry about a Corvo upgrade/replacement.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I'd love to get Stuart back - 154 hits (22nd), 141 blocked shots (4th), better than any Bruin in both categories. The Jets won't give him up, but he's exactly what we need.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blackcrowes. Show blackcrowes's posts

In Response to Re: Is Hamrlik better than Corvo?:
    [QUOTE]In fact, the more I think about it, the more I'd love to get Stuart back - 154 hits (22nd), 141 blocked shots (4th), better than any Bruin in both categories. The Jets won't give him up, but he's exactly what we need.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Red, I have been saying the same thing and on top of it he's familiar with Claude's "system", which I think can and has hampered some D pickups at first. But I'd guess there is no way the 'Peg trades him for the reasons listed above...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Corvo was brought here for offense and hasn't provided any of it. Furthermore, he constantly gets turned for scoring chances, and is bailed out either by his goalie or by his partner--which makes him a considerable risk without much reward.

I personally think Corvo has been a huge bust, specifically on the powerplay. 

and wideman is better than both of them (at least he actually generates offense).

and another thing, there is no need to fill your team with stay at home defensemen. PC knows this, which is why Stuart was expendeble as McQuaid emerged.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Hamrlik better than Corvo? : Red, I have been saying the same thing and on top of it he's familiar with Claude's "system", which I think can and has hampered some D pickups at first. But I'd guess there is no way the 'Peg trades him for the reasons listed above...
    Posted by blackcrowes[/QUOTE]

They do have defensive depth, but with the Peg in the hunt picks or prospects wouldn't do it. They'd likely be looking at Campbell or Kelly, which would fill a gaping hole in their lineup, and I can't see PC doing that trade, as it would leave us with holes uneasy to fill.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Didn't you get mad at me for saying we should try and get Stuart back?

Maybe it was Oduya... Either would be good with me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't you get mad at me for saying we should try and get Stuart back? Maybe it was Oduya... Either would be good with me.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

It was Oduya, but both are fantasies, they won't happen. This is just me in my little dream world. ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Dream world sounds like where the Bruins have been hiding for the past month or so.

On the other hand it does sound nice. Its like thinking that we can pick up Suter and Parise this summer on discounts because they are friends and want to play together...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from -sabot-13. Show -sabot-13's posts

[QUOTE]Hold on a second.  Everybody get sober, will you all? Kaberle was better than Corvo, not much better mind you, but still he was/is better. Would I want Kaberle on any team I'm rooting for?  No. And I'll say it for the billionth time, Wideman has a unique talent for committing an error just at the right time to totally deflate your time.  It might not be a turn over for a goal, but it is enough to suck the life out of a team.  Despite the better numbers Wideman turns up, I don't want him on "my" team.  Nor Kessel, nor Komiserak, nor Phaneuf. Corvo is not the new Wideman, he's not as good as Wideman, but unlike Wideman he can't singlehandedly cause a loss.  And neither did Kaberle.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I was suggesting Knuble and Wideman the other day, but Widemans UNIQUE talent is just so true...   I don't yell at the TV when Corvo coughs up the Puck like I used to with Wideman.  I just though winning the Cup mellowed my anger issues...  but No, it's always been Wideman's Special Power.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

NOOOO to Wideman period, Badhab is correct, as far as visualizing greatness, he generally trips over the blue line then takes out his own player allowing the winning goal.  No question he has more talent than Corvo!  Hamrilik I read once wanted to be a Bruin.  He would be a nice pick up.  The need though is a winger for Peverly is not the answer for the Krejci line.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Hold on a second.  Everybody get sober, will you all? Kaberle was better than Corvo, not much better mind you, but still he was/is better. Would I want Kaberle on any team I'm rooting for?  No. And I'll say it for the billionth time, Wideman has a unique talent for committing an error just at the right time to totally deflate your time.  It might not be a turn over for a goal, but it is enough to suck the life out of a team.  Despite the better numbers Wideman turns up, I don't want him on "my" team.  Nor Kessel, nor Komiserak, nor Phaneuf. Corvo is not the new Wideman, he's not as good as Wideman, but unlike Wideman he can't singlehandedly cause a loss.  And neither did Kaberle.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

.........he says as he polishes off the case of beer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I have to laugh at Hamrlik's reply when told of Hunter saying that the reason the defenceman was scratched was because he took a bad penalty.

“You should ask him (Hunter) about penalties,” Hamrlik told radio stantion 106.7 The Fan Radio in Washington on Thursday. “When he played I think he made lots of penalties himself, so he should know better.”

Goodbye Roman !

Sections
Shortcuts