Is Horton becoming the next Alex Kovalev?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Re: Is Horton becoming the next Alex Kovalev?

In Response to Re: Is Horton becoming the next Alex Kovalev?:
    [QUOTE]x- Lets not compare Horton with Kovalev.  Kovalev has been a world class talent in the league for a long time and a stanley cup on his resume.  Horton has been a dud.  Lots of skill and zero heart.  Thats the only area you can compare the two.  To be honest if its the playoff we are talking about I would rather have Kovalev.  Best wrist shot maybe ever.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Agree Shuperman Kovalev is elite and I would take him on the Bruins in heart beat. His skills are ridiclous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2bXaOOh7jk

If this guy had heart he would be one of the best players in the league. Put Kovalev with Bergeron and Marchand and watch the magic. Bergy and Marchand are both puck magnets on the boards and very good forecheckers imagine them feeding the puck to Kovalev. (He's a pure sniper).

I would hate to see this guy go back to the Habs.

I may get heckled for this but it just MY opinion.

I

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

lucic,

Kovalev will be in discusion for the HOF.  Can you imagine if he brought his A game each night.  He may have the best puck control one on one skills ever.  The puck is on a string with him.

As much as the vast majority don't want him.  I would be thrilled to add him.  He would cost much less than Hemsky in terms of players going the other way.  And I feel he would give us a major boost in close games and especially on the PP.  I love the idea of him playing with Marchand and Bergie as well.  Fire Recchi on the 3rd line with Kelly and Peverly.  I know the cap issue may get in the way. 
    Bergie/Kovy/Marchand
    Krejci/Lucic/Horton
    Kelly/Peverly/Rex
    Campy/Ryder/Seguin(Thorton)

Love it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I;d rather have Brad Richards (example) at 8 million per than Horton and Ryder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pb,

Kovalev has a great shot.  World class and would be top 5. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]lucic, Kovalev will be in discusion for the HOF.  Can you imagine if he brought his A game each night.  He may have the best puck control one on one skills ever.  The puck is on a string with him. As much as the vast majority don't want him.  I would be thrilled to add him.  He would cost much less than Hemsky in terms of players going the other way.  And I feel he would give us a major boost in close games and especially on the PP.  I love the idea of him playing with Marchand and Bergie as well.  Fire Recchi on the 3rd line with Kelly and Peverly.  I know the cap issue may get in the way.  Bergie/Kovy/Marchand Krejci/Lucic/Horton Kelly/Peverly/Rex Campy/Ryder/Seguin(Thorton) Love it
    The only discussion Kovalev will be in regarding the hall of fame will be if someone asks him for directions......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Horton becoming the next Alex Kovalev? : You will never see a 40 goal scorer on a Julien coached team and I do think that Horton will be better in the playoffs I always reserve my judgement to rate a player till April. Not concerned with Nathan and I do see him getting put with Peverley n Kelly soon to see if he responds.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

SanDog- i am very surprised by your post.  I believe you usually are fair and accurate with your hockey analysis. But this time you may be letting your unhappiness with Claude get the best of you.  I'm not a huge lover of CJ either, but i do believe there will be 40goal scorers in his system.

A previous poster was accurate in saying the Kessel could easily have scored 40, Seguin has a 40 goal potential someday, Lucic will be in that neighborhood this year(but won't get there), and Marchand has been on a filthy strech since being bumped up the Bergy line.

In the future, i'd say that 40 isn't out of reach for any of these guys. I'm not predicting they will but it would not surprise me to see them do it, even in CJ's system.

One last thing- i'd say over the last month+, the B's are playing more of a wide open style and they've been scoring more than they have since 2 years ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Horton becoming the next Alex Kovalev? : The only discussion Kovalev will be in regarding the hall of fame will be if someone asks him for directions......
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

good one

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dez,

you really believe considering he played on the NY Rangers cup team and the fact he may be one of the best russians to play his career in the NHL that he wouldnt be in the topic.  426 goals and 1000 pts? 
    Normally the 500 goal mark gets you in. 
    Here is my argument for him getting in.
    1. Played on the NYR cup team.  This was a pretty significant event.  Plus the media market there will want him in.
    2. Is in the running for highest scoring russian born player.
    3. Has played in some mega markets. 
    4. Pts- Goals might be a bit low.  1000 pts. 

I say he has a chance. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

What are your arguments against it.  You act like he doesnt stand a chance.  Which is totally not true.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]What are your arguments against it.  You act like he doesnt stand a chance.  Which is totally not true.
    I'm just giving you(and Kovalev)the gears.It's easier to give him the gears-you're alright though!One thing he has working against him is the fact it's a vote.There will likely be some who won't give him the nod simply because they don't like him(his attitude at least).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

With Wheeler gone you had to find someone to pick on.

Don't have time to read all the comments but one thing for sure he works harder than Kovalev.  Sure he hasn't scored as much as I would like to see but he is getting his chances and at times also unlucky.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Now I know why !!!! 
    I posted this somewhere else but someone should speak to his wife (see below).

http://cbswbz.wordpress.com/2010/06/23/nathan-hortons-wife/#photo-1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

stop grinding my gears.  we have learned to play well together.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]stop grinding my gears.  we have learned to play well together.
    One of us did.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

which one for the record?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]which one for the record?
    It was you sir........it was you.I aint's be a good learner!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think when Horton was in Fla. I think the under achiever level was more rellevent. Here I think he's learned to play defense. I watched him last night. He doesn't have to put a lot of effort to get places. He can skate. The other thing is. He's an asset because everytime he has the puck in the o-zone he draws people to him. His shoot his deadly & everybody knows that. When he draws more than one defender to him. That opens things up a little bit. Besides, imagine if Hortons post & cross bars went in the net? He'd be very close to the 40 goals we all thought he'd get.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Is Horton becoming the next Alex Kovalev?:
    [QUOTE]Is it just me or does this guy just cruise and floats around his defensive end? Where is the pressure? The backcheck? Always camping out near the boards around the blueline.  In order to have a good breakout you have to provide support down low. Shorten the gap between you and your defensemen for short passes. I mean, the kid has a tremendous shot but as soon as he leaves the offensive zone he hits the "snooze" button. Hate to say it but reminds me of Kovalev in a sense. Both offensively gifted, will fight in the offensive end but are both ghosts in their own end. For $4mill, you have to be able to score more than 15-goals. He's an underachiever, has not responded to the pressure in Boston as of yet and in not playoff tested. To me, he can be an asset if teams start burning up PC's Blackberry inquiring for TOR-#1 pick as we get closer to the deadline. The Bruins can survive without Horton, not like he's been that visible this season anyways. He's young, can score, and doesn't have a "CLAUSE" in he's contract, a perfect candidate to trade for a significant player (Brad Richards, Jack Johnson, Paul Stastny, Zach Parise). At times players just don't mesh well. Whether it's the system, players, or atmosphere. He's a guy you could potentially move. If you can improve your club, then do it. I still feel this team is a top-6 prolific forward away...
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]

Congrats for watching the game and for turning one of Brickley's observations into a thread.

Not every NHL player is as sound defensively as Bergeron.  I don't see Lucic breaking up too many plays in the defensive zone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]dez, you really believe considering he played on the NY Rangers cup team and the fact he may be one of the best russians to play his career in the NHL that he wouldnt be in the topic.  426 goals and 1000 pts?  Normally the 500 goal mark gets you in.  Here is my argument for him getting in. 1. Played on the NYR cup team.  This was a pretty significant event.  Plus the media market there will want him in. 2. Is in the running for highest scoring russian born player. 3. Has played in some mega markets.  4. Pts- Goals might be a bit low.  1000 pts.  I say he has a chance. 

500 goals used to get you in, but not anymore.  Look how long it took Dino to get in, and he had over 600.  There are a handful of 500 goal scorers out there right now who have been passed over.

Kovalev doesn't deserve to be in, in my opinion, because he never was a complete player and his skills don't drown out that fact.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Horton becoming the next Alex Kovalev? : 500 goals used to get you in, but not anymore.  Look how long it took Dino to get in, and he had over 600.  There are a handful of 500 goal scorers out there right now who have been passed over. Kovalev doesn't deserve to be in, in my opinion, because he never was a complete player and his skills don't drown out that fact.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

And its a shame isnt it? With more effort and heart he could have been one the games greats. Im just saying give his talent to Gregory Campbell and you would have one ehll of a player. I hated him when he played for the Habs, he was a Bruin killer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NOT-

I agree, BUT, he is one of the top Russian players to make a career in NHL.  He also has a ring and Dino doesnt.  Pavel is in and deserves to be.  I figure Mogilny might get in. 

But I agree.  Bench mark used to be 500.  If I were a betting man I would say he gets a look or it as at least talked about. 

Personally I dont think he dominated the game enough and didnt crack 500 goals.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]NOT- I agree, BUT, he is one of the top Russian players to make a career in NHL.  He also has a ring and Dino doesnt.  Pavel is in and deserves to be.  I figure Mogilny might get in.  But I agree.  Bench mark used to be 500.  If I were a betting man I would say he gets a look or it as at least talked about.  Personally I dont think he dominated the game enough and didnt crack 500 goals.

If you are talking about Pavel Bure i don't think he is in the HHOF.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Did any of you look at that link that shows pics of Horton's wife??? WOW! He is my new hero!!! Talk about players in a no-lose situation.  He goes home to that after a bad game!!!