is it about time to lock up reilly smith before he leads the team in points?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

is it about time to lock up reilly smith before he leads the team in points?

It's trending that way. He's on pace for 62, but given that he's likely to spend the rest of the season with the bergeron line, it could be higher than that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: is it about time to lock up reilly smith before he leads the team in points?

Last year of his EL contract so PC is in a good position, the same as when he had to deal with Wheeler. I don't think Krejci, Iginla, Lucic nor Bergeron will have anything to worry about by the end of the season.

Are you thinking he might get an offer sheet ? Lock Smith up now to avoid such a scenario ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: is it about time to lock up reilly smith before he leads the team in points?

Ya being an RFA for next season is a bit scary, lock him up now i think hes the better of all in that deal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ya being an RFA for next season is a bit scary, lock him up now i think hes the better of all in that deal

[/QUOTE]

Really like this kids game. Could turn out to be the best in the trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Impressive start, exceeded my expectations... but the jury is still out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Last year of his EL contract so PC is in a good position, the same as when he had to deal with Wheeler. I don't think Krejci, Iginla, Lucic nor Bergeron will have anything to worry about by the end of the season.

Are you thinking he might get an offer sheet ? Lock Smith up now to avoid such a scenario ?

i was thinking more that the price will go up and up with every successful game he plays. if you look at what he's done with the bergeron line (where he's likely to stay) 70 points is totally within reach. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'm pretty sure he'll be willing to sign for a 4mil 2yr deal. If he's looking for anymore than that after one decent season he can go back to play in Dallas. Treat him the same way they did Marchand. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I'm pretty sure he'll be willing to sign for a 4mil 2yr deal. If he's looking for anymore than that after one decent season he can go back to play in Dallas. Treat him the same way they did Marchand. 

I don't think Smith is in the drivers seat yet, with this being his first year in Boston and seeming to like the hockey enviroment it should be workable to both parties to get a deal done. Hopefully its a 3yr deal or something along those lines at a reasonable price. PC will likely get a deal done quietly as he has in the past to both sides satisfaction.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That exactly what I was thinking, nite. 

Lock him up...for two years at 2 per and let him prove he's legit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I agree that Marchand's 2nd deal (2 years, 2.5 million per) would be right where Smith should be. If he goes 30-40-70 however, he has every right to ask for 3+

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The season started in October, it's still December. Lets see the kid over a whole season and a playoff run first.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i was thinking more that the price will go up and up with every successful game he plays. if you look at what he's done with the bergeron line (where he's likely to stay) 70 points is totally within reach. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Not once Erikkson is back. He'll play with Soderberg & Kelly/Spooner. Which isn't so bad. I find Soderberg has played his most consistent hockey when he's played with Smith. I just don't think you'll see Julian make that change with/if Erikkson is in the lineup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Not once Erikkson is back. He'll play with Soderberg & Kelly/Spooner. Which isn't so bad. I find Soderberg has played his most consistent hockey when he's played with Smith. I just don't think you'll see Julian make that change with/if Erikkson is in the lineup.

[/QUOTE]

Smith is 2nd in points on the team. He is the teams leading goal scorer (tied with lucic). He is lighting it up. Not exactly the standard time for a demotion for a guy that hasn't yet found his game. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Smith is 2nd in points on the team. He is the teams leading goal scorer (tied with lucic). He is lighting it up. Not exactly the standard time for a demotion for a guy that hasn't yet found his game. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey, this isn't my decision. I'm just saying that once Eriksson comes back after a few games Julian will put him back on the Bergeron line. Smith's points bedammed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree, nite.  Smith's points have been nice, but Loui Eriksson doesn't play on the third line of any team in the NHL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree, nite.  Smith's points have been nice, but Loui Eriksson doesn't play on the third line of any team in the NHL.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. The guy may not of found his niche' yet in Boston, but he's (barring a healthy recovery) a top 6 guy anywhere. Boston is no different & CJ & his staff know this as well. They gave a 41yr old in Jagr right until the final buzzer to find his game. No question Eriksson who's 28 & in his prime yrs is going to get the same opportunity.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Smith could bump Marchand back to the 3rd line though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2 weeks ago I would have said yes but I think Marchand is coming around.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NOW that is a possibility! Matter of fact; you may just see those 2 switching back & forth a lot from now until the end of the season during a game. Once Louie comes back of course. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NOW that is a possibility! Matter of fact; you may just see those 2 switching back & forth a lot from now until the end of the season during a game. Once Louie comes back of course. 

[/QUOTE]

ideally they play different positions. I'm sure smith could play LW but he's a better RW. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

ideally they play different positions. I'm sure smith could play LW but he's a better RW. 

True.  But it could also be Loui who plays LW.  Although, you run into the same situation on the third line.  I assume Soderberg is the other player.  I see him as a LW, but he's played RW a few games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But Smith has already replaced Marchard on the right side this season when CJ got PO'd at him & he still produced. I don't see that as being an issue at all. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The luxury of having a deep team.................Rich Peverley played on the Bruins 3rd line. You commented he'd be a top 6 player on other teams.

It could happen to Eriksson............because of the depth of the Bruins.

Never say never.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

All are saying the most important about Smith success is he is playing with Bergeron :
    Bergeron will make all young players learn to play hockey. Bergeron is the 2nd line not Smith.

Erikson return will not be a quick, the bruins mngt. knows they do not need to rush Lou back give the kid time to rehab from we don't need is another Savard.

A simple trade will be soon nothing spectacular ie Lee Stempniak could be a low value pick up and can fill in 3rd and 4th line duties until the bruins are completely mended. I was thinking of Erat but his 4.5 mill contract scary, no thanx. Caron and Thornton can get us Stempniak.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

The luxury of having a deep team.................Rich Peverley played on the Bruins 3rd line. You commented he'd be a top 6 player on other teams.

It could happen to Eriksson............because of the depth of the Bruins.

Never say never.

[/QUOTE]

When Peverley shows the skills of Eriksson, get back to me.

Sections
Shortcuts