Is it just me or .........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Is it just me or .........

.......... does Anthony Camara look a lot better now ?

.......... does Seth Griffith's wrist shot look NHL ready ?

.......... his skating doesn't .

........... does Cody Payne look like he has good tools for a big man but has yet to find out how to use them ?

.......... does Malcom Subban look like a steal because of other teams shying away from drafting a goalie high ?

.......... is there any other player in the OHL who can join in on the rush faster than Dougie Hamilton ?

..........is there any other player who takes more gambles on his decision making then him ?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Is it just me or .........

Has Subban's stock changed at all since the draft?  His 4-2-1 record wouldn't seem to add to it going up or down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

That's the problem with drafting goalies so high, IMO.  It'll be 5 years before we have any idea if it was a good pick or not.

Thanks for the updates on the other guys.  Wish I could comment, but I've never seen them play.

Will try to see Ferlin, O'Gara, and Gothberg with my own eyes this year...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Got some videos on the internet when they were drafted and did it a little more today with more recent ones. Camara looks thicker, like he's more physically ready, not much else to go on. Still excited about Subban, I say he's up here before 5 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Has Subban's stock changed at all since the draft?  His 4-2-1 record wouldn't seem to add to it going up or down.

Let me know what the answer to your question is the next ( first ? ) time you see him play. I know what my answer is.

First star and 44 saves in 4-1 win against a talented first place Oshawa Generals team last night.

Correction : After last night a 5-2-1 record.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

That's the problem with drafting goalies so high, IMO.  It'll be 5 years before we have any idea if it was a good pick or not.

Thanks for the updates on the other guys.  Wish I could comment, but I've never seen them play.

Will try to see Ferlin, O'Gara, and Gothberg with my own eyes this year...

The same can be said about any positioned player until they reach the NHL and achieve. Goalies aren't alone on this exclusive ( by some ) list.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Let me know what the answer to your question is the next ( first ? ) time you see him play. I know what my answer is.

First star and 44 saves in 4-1 win against a talented first place Oshawa Generals team last night.

After playing (at the time of the post) seven games, I think it's a bit crazy to suggest that he's suddenly a steal, unless there is something I'm missing.

That's why I was asking.  Has his stock risen, and if so, what was the cause of the rise?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

After playing (at the time of the post) seven games, I think it's a bit crazy to suggest that he's suddenly a steal, unless there is something I'm missing.

That's why I was asking.  Has his stock risen, and if so, what was the cause of the rise?

You think it's crazy to suddenly suggest he's a steal. I think it's crazy you think it's crazy. Very good goaltending would obviously be the answer to your question.

And yes you are missing something......watching hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You think it's crazy to suddenly suggest he's a steal. I think it's crazy you think it's crazy. Very good goaltending would obviously be the answer to your question.

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you get it? 

What is the difference between less than 10 games into the season and the draft?  I'm a Bruins fan.  I hope the kid turns out to be a world beater.  I just can't understand why he would get labeled a steal in the beginning of October.  That is why I asked.  Your replies have been gobbledygook.  Do you have a real answer?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Why don't you get it? 

What is the difference between less than 10 games into the season and the draft?  I'm a Bruins fan.  I hope the kid turns out to be a world beater.  I just can't understand why he would get labeled a steal in the beginning of October.  That is why I asked.  Your replies have been gobbledygook.  Do you have a real answer?

Why don't you get it ? He has looked really good. Some of the other 1st round OHLers picked before him haven't. He was also the best Canadian goalie against the Russians in the summer.

How does a famous writer like yourself express something like this differently ? I am not a writer of that type of ilk . What you see is what you get. Stop being so cheap and spend some of your money on Belleville Bulls games online instead of hummers in the cinema. 

Please bless us with your non-gobbledygook answers of what I should be conveying. Otherwise.............

Schmuck

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why don't you get it ? He has looked really good. Some of the other 1st round OHLers picked before him haven't. He was also the best Canadian goalie against the Russians in the summer.

Why was that so difficult?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Why was that so difficult?

Why ? Because of previous experience in dealing with a-certain-so-and-so who feels the need to be difficult with posters on this forum on a regular basis.

He's a bit of an azz and hard to get along with so I do the same to him.

Good enough answer.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/dougie-hamilton-malcolm-subban-impress-claude-julien-taking-strides-towards-nhl-futures.html

I would think 2.08 GAA and .934 save % in a league where grindem out games really don't excist. No one will know, like Khudobin, until Malcolm is thrown out against NHL talent.

@Kelv Are you saying Camara's but looks too big to go out in public ?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Hey Chowda. The 5-2-1 record shows he lost a shoot-out. Last I heard was that he didn't allow a shoot-out goal in something crazy like 19 straight shots. Do you know the # that the streak ended? 

What I'm most impressed about Malcom is how far he travels laterally in an upright position. At this stage of his young career. Especially after only starting to be a goalie at 12 yrs old. The two goalies that have that much travel laterally in the NHL are Rinne & Lundqvist. Not a bad thing about having that as part of yuor puck stopping aersonal.  I really would like to know who the moron was that said he plays like M-A Fleury. Not even in the same stratusasphere making that comparision.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Hey Chowda. The 5-2-1 record shows he lost a shoot-out. Last I heard was that he didn't allow a shoot-out goal in something crazy like 19 straight shots. Do you know the # that the streak ended? 

What I'm most impressed about Malcom is how far he travels laterally in an upright position. At this stage of his young career. Especially after only starting to be a goalie at 12 yrs old. The two goalies that have that much travel laterally in the NHL are Rinne & Lundqvist. Not a bad thing about having that as part of yuor puck stopping aersonal.  I really would like to know who the moron was that said he plays like M-A Fleury. Not even in the same stratusasphere making that comparision.

There's also overtime.

Didn't know that. Impressive !

The answer is probably somewhere here.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/1139

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

There's also overtime.

Thats exactly what i said in the comparison to Fleury. When I read that, and I posted it here, I said I would not be suprised if some idiot made that comparison simply because both play with the back of their shirt tucked in.  He's still a little raw, but he just oozes with athletic ability. Too me, kind of hard to compare him to anyone else as far as style goes, but when I see him play I see Bill Ranford like quickness.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good thread with the exception of Nas's and Chowdah's dialogue LOL

That was the knock on Seth Griffith was exactly that,  his skating ,  but has an NHL shot.

I haven't seen one friggn' Junior game thus far !!! Friday nights Sportsnet has games but I play at the same time myself.  I will remember to DVR this Friday's game of the Otters and McDavid.

You'de think the Canadian networs would show more Juniors with the lockout instead of those rewind games where Canada always wins.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the draft is a crapshoot to begin with, so why not use a late first rounder on a goalie, the most important position?....

they can't all turn out to be Ryabchikovs or Toivonens....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

There's also overtime.

Thats exactly what i said in the comparison to Fleury. When I read that, and I posted it here, I said I would not be suprised if some idiot made that comparison simply because both play with the back of their shirt tucked in.  He's still a little raw, but he just oozes with athletic ability. Too me, kind of hard to compare him to anyone else as far as style goes, but when I see him play I see Bill Ranford like quickness.

Dam he was quick wasn't he Kel?! And next to Mike Palamateer the best at putting mustard on the hotdog! Loved watching both of them play. 

And yes I remember you making that comment about the whole MAF comparision. BTW- I'm not comparing him to Lund & Rinne. Has a long way to go before he's near those guys. Just that he has some some of their abiltity albet against lesser talent, but when you see Kipper & Quick move laterally they're very low most of the time. Henrik & Pekke are able to to do it staying upright 3/4 of the way across before their torsoe comes down. 

Here's an example of what I could find. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dvH4jqjNlQ

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Just noticied Nites is NeelyOrrBourque ?  You and Kelvana discussing goaltending again LOL 

why the change ?

There's also overtime.

If he lost in O.T it would just go under the lost colunm. Wouldn't it? 

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Just noticied Nites is NeelyOrrBourque ?  You and Kelvana disucssing goaltending again LOL 

why the change ?

Had some identity fraud. So I changed EVERYTHING! 

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Good thread with the exception of Nas's and Chowdah's dialogue LOL

That was the knock on Seth Griffith was exactly that,  his skating ,  but has an NHL shot.

I haven't seen one friggn' Junior game thus far !!! Friday nights Sportsnet has games but I play at the same time myself.  I will remember to DVR this Friday's game of the Otters and McDavid.

You'de think the Canadian networs would show more Juniors with the lockout instead of those rewind games where Canada always wins.

A question was asked not for the purposes of gaining knowledge but because of the know-it-all, close minded, antiquated thoughts of goalies picked in the 1st round let alone higher then they've been picked. With his reputation of belittling other posters there is no reason to think otherwise.

Cable carrying Sports packages would cure this problem. I'm assuming you have a dish that doesn't have this package or if you have cable your taste in burgers are too expensive to afford it.

Watch London's Max Domi if he's not injured ( he left last night's game because of an injury ). Gifted player.

Broadcast rights for only so many games ? If so why not get on the ball and negotiate for more games.

• Sections
    Shortcuts