Is it just me, or are those flies in The Garden worse than before?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Is it just me, or are those flies in The Garden worse than before?

I know there was a discussion on this before, sorry i don't have time to go find it but man, those flies from the overhead camera were out of control last night.  Did anyone notice the flies in the frame of the OT winner last, night flying through on the replay?

You see that opening faceoff shot all around the league, I can't think of another arena that has flies in that shot every game

Just trying to lighten the mood a little!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Is it just me, or are those flies in The Garden worse than before?

Those flies need a name.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The replay of the game winner?

I watch all OT with the remote in my hand and a finger on the off button.  When the opposition scores, off goes the TV.

The triple OT game was brutal on my hand!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yes, the flies are worse than before.

Asmnha and I went at it over the issue.

Strategically placed fly paper - th eflat window sill kind would resolve the problem.

They have to land some time.

Anyways, just one more game with flies this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Some of us watch the replays in the mornings...hoping it was all a bad dream! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Some of us watch the replays in the morning hoping it was all a bad dream...it never works!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

They definitely need to axe that center ice overhead cam.  I cringe everytime they cut to it and half the screen if filled with flies whizzing around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

The TD Garden should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.  I was the person that brought up the flies a while ago.  Not only is the scoreboard infested, but the ice was horrendous in game 3 and below average in game 4!  They need to step up their game over there!

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

At the game, I saw 1 or 2 flies. Nothing major. I doubt this is something they haven't been looking into but I think it's the heat that is driving it as I never see any flies during the season.

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Ugh this again. Ok...

To make homemade flypaper you’ll need a brown paper bag, scissors, string, and a shallow pan. You’ll also need ½ cup of sweet maple syrup, two tablespoons of brown sugar, and two tablespoons of white sugar. Combine these ingredients in a shallow pan, and cut the brown paper bag into one-inch wide strips. Poke a hole in the top of each strip, and thread a string through each hole. Soak the strips in the sticky mixture for about eight hours. Remove the strips from the mixture, and after they stop dripping, hang them in areas where flies are a problem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Ugh this again. Ok...

To make homemade flypaper you’ll need a brown paper bag, scissors, string, and a shallow pan. You’ll also need ½ cup of sweet maple syrup, two tablespoons of brown sugar, and two tablespoons of white sugar. Combine these ingredients in a shallow pan, and cut the brown paper bag into one-inch wide strips. Poke a hole in the top of each strip, and thread a string through each hole. Soak the strips in the sticky mixture for about eight hours. Remove the strips from the mixture, and after they stop dripping, hang them in areas where flies are a problem.

I think it would be better to buy flypaper and then enjoy the maple syrup on waffles or pancakes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kavubob. Show kavubob's posts

I've always thought of those flies as being good luck. I would see them for every home game when the B's won the Cup two years ago. I don't remember seeing them in last years play-off games against Washington. I guess after last nights game those flies are no longer a good luck charm!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The replay of the game winner?

I watch all OT with the remote in my hand and a finger on the off button.  When the opposition scores, off goes the TV.

The triple OT game was brutal on my hand!

Ha ha ha, that's so funny, i do the same. Remote went flying into the dresser that the tv is on the other day, woke the mrs up and she wasn't happy. My reply was "I wonder which course Crosby is playing on tomorrow?" (She's a Pen fan).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If Nat Geo can keep the flies out of their cameras when the lions are having wildebeast for lunch, I would think that the TD Garden people could figure it out, too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

If Nat Geo can keep the flies out of their cameras when the lions are having wildebeast for lunch, I would think that the TD Garden people could figure it out, too.

LOL...

Sections
Shortcuts