Is it just me?....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

Is it just me?....

Not sure if it's just me...but EVERYONE...and I mean "everyone"...from players to coaches to broadcasters to fans were ALL saying how the last Bruins game was "completely meaningless" in terms of math...standings etc.
    Has anybody else realized that if the B's had won on Sunday...they would have climbed over both Detroit and San Jose in the overall standings...meaning that if we made it to the finals..against either of those teams...we would have had home ice advantage if we beat New Jersey.
    Yes, I know that's a LONG LONG way away....just found it curious that NOBODY on the Planet seemed to notice (except me apparently) lol
    Thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Is it just me?....

detroit, yes, SJ, not sure about the ROW tie breaker

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

yes...they would be ahead of sj in the "row" category...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Resting Thomas and Chara in order to have a better chance in the first series is more important than worring about home ice advantage in the fourth series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Is it just me?....:
    Resting Thomas and Chara in order to have a better chance in the first series is more important than worring about home ice advantage in the fourth series.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

True that!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Agreed NAS but shouldn't the 20 guys that did play put in a little more effort? Who knows if it will matter in the long run? Hopefully we'll get the chance to find out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

I never thought of that for a second.  Nice observation. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Agreed NAS but shouldn't the 20 guys that did play put in a little more effort? Who knows if it will matter in the long run? Hopefully we'll get the chance to find out.
    Posted by logeseats

No one wanted to get hurt, plus, the B's are pretty good on the road, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Is it just me?.... : No one wanted to get hurt, plus, the B's are pretty good on the road, right?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Playoffs are a totally different scenerio nas.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the b's were trying to stay healthy, didn't see much checking at all vs. devils. not to mention the devils were playing for lemaire's farewell. one team playing to not get injured- the other to send its coach out with a win. as far as seeding...the bruins are MUCH better on the road for some reason. better home play(which did happen later in the season) is what will carry this team far into the playoffs. let's hope!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Being able to focus on the road is no different in the playoffs or regular season.  I think it was way more important for no one to get hurt than to have home ice against 2 of the possible 8 Finals opponents.  It is a good point though, there was something on the line and I haven't heard anyone else mention it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Well we know San Jose won't get that far.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Is it just me?.... : Playoffs are a totally different scenerio nas.
    Posted by wallydouglas

In theory.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

...just thought it was interesting...especially since vanc/detroit/sj WOULD be the 3 favs to emerge from the west. obviously not getting anyone hurt was first & foremost...just wishing they would have hustled a little more during that game. ya never know............

Sections
Shortcuts