Is it the end of the world if we do nothing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Is it the end of the world if we do nothing?

I'm a little torn on this one....I hate to give up what little talent we have coming up through the ranks and it really doesn't seem as though we are going to get a savior type of player that is going to put us over the top.  If we give up to get Whitney or Selanne then fine, but other than that, I will be disapointed to lose Knight, or Spooner in a trade, and we are already short on draft pics.

I'm not saying that we don't have a shot at the cup, more that our chances depend more on getting healthy and finding our groove in time for the playoffs rather than finding somebody on the trade market to put us "over the top".

What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Is it the end of the world if we do nothing?

No, it's not the end of the world.  While it's true that you can always get better, it's also true that the better you are, the harder it is to improve.  The Bruins didn't win the Cup last year because they had the most talented players.  They won because they had the best team - deep, fast, and totally unflappable in the face of adversity.  No matter what happened to them, they came back and played hard the next game.  No superstition, no anxiety.  Play your game and good things happen.  So making a deal to upgrade the offense isn't necessarily the answer.  Acquiring more defensive depth isn't either, especially if the injuries continue to pile up.  At some point, like if Horton, Peverley, and say Boychuk are all out for the year, there's no trade that substantially restores your team's chances, so you'd be throwing good assets after bad.

So yeah, your second pararaph hits the nail.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

End of the world, not at all. I will be disappointed because I think we could really use some spares. But with so many teams still in the running, trades are tough. But I think PC is going to do something last minute.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Is it the end of the world if we do nothing?:
    [QUOTE]i think you have "the ticket", namely Gregory Campbell who provides team immunity that allows the B's to hack, clip, slewfoot, and maim opponents with impunity. It is a well known fact that team confidence goes way up when you have the officiating crews implanted your bench, and also your chance of winning a Cup (albeit Tainted) is pretty well guaranteed (ie: 2011 SC)
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Huh.  I guess your whiny, sad sack GM should have made a trade when Campbell was available.  I'm guessing he was too busy crying to the media that someone took the last organic gluten free bagel when they just knew that was his favorite.

Hockey's a tough sport.  If you don't like it, take up golf.  Or one of the Olympic sports like...I don't know...diving?  Maybe competitive eating, though I haven't seen how many fingers Kobayashi can eat in a minute.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

At this point nothing is exactly what I am hoping for.  I want to see Spooner, knight, Koko, et al develop in this organization.  That is all we have as currency so let's just lay low this year.  It's not like this is a one year shot at a cup, the Bruins are poised for many runs.  In fact, knowing how hard it is to duplicate a long playoff run in back to back seasons, you may make the right moves only to exit early any way.  Who knows.  Hang on to our assets and let this team make a run.  They are good enough. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I think Sauve, Koko, Dougie, Knight, and Spooner

make

Kampfer, our first round pick, Caron, and our third round pick expendable....

I would prefer that we make a move that does not involve Sauve, Koko, Dougie, Knight or Spooner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You are an idiot. If you think the NHL really is that corrupt, then it's not just the Bruin's win that is tainted, but all Stanley Cup wins and the NHL is nothing more than WWE. If so, stop watching the game, it will only drive you crazy with all the cheating. Clearly it is already having an awful mental effect on you, since you are taking time out of your day to post stupid, pointless things on the message boards of other teams. Do you actually think your comments have any impact whatsoever on the people on this board? If the NHL really is rigged to make the Bruins win, that's awesome if your a Bruins fan. It's like cheering for Hulk Hogan. We'll always come out on top and have a happy ending. If you're a cheering for another team you are either a masochist, or dumb like Homer Simpson, repeatedly touching an electric fence expecting not to get shocked.  Your team will always lose. I pity you.

In Response to Re: Is it the end of the world if we do nothing?:
    [QUOTE]i think you have "the ticket", namely Gregory Campbell who provides team immunity that allows the B's to hack, clip, slewfoot, and maim opponents with impunity. It is a well known fact that team confidence goes way up when you have the officiating crews implanted your bench, and also your chance of winning a Cup (albeit Tainted) is pretty well guaranteed (ie: 2011 SC)
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Is Null a troll ?....Sure sounds like one !!   A Vancouver Canucklehead troll....

Roll up the sleeves. Bring your lunch bucket and get out there and play hard and play CJ's system. What else is there ? It would make winning the Cup even that much more sweeter !   Go Bruins !