Is Julien safe from Neely's axe?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Is Julien safe from Neely's axe?

We know that Chia loves Julien but after listening to Dale and Holley this morning I'm not convinced that Neely likes him as a coach and Dale thinks Cam might chop him. They re-played parts of Neely's interview with LB from WAAF yesterday and it was very, very obvious that Cam doesn't like the offenseless style of play and if you read between enough lines the criticism was very sharp. Cam thinks it makes no sense living off PP and mistakes and hard to win by not scoring goals. Dale thinks Claude may be unemployed soon if things don't change fast. Holley thinks the team lacks the talent and has no superstars to compete for a Cup.

Personally, I think that for a few years the trap has been obsolete and that teams that put pressure are benefitting from the new(er) obstruction rules. When was the last time the Stanley Cup was won by a defense only team? The Bruins need to get with the times. The game is changing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Re: Is Julien safe from Neely's axe?

Would this be neelys first chop?

If he truely feels that way, i think hes between a rock and a hard place.

Did you notice CJ wasnt holding the dry erase board when the bruins called that time out?

THeres lots of stats showing CJ doesnt deserve to be fired. However, he might want to think again about who he has standing next to him making game winning decisions... And thats CJ's choice who he wants calling the plays. We, fans, are having a hard time swallowing it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I am wondering about how good a head coach Doug Jarvis might make?  He has been a long time assistant at the NHL level (14 years with the stars) he had 2 years as a head coach in the AHL.  He ran an outstand PP in Montreal when he was there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

In Response to Re: Is Julien safe from Neely's axe?:
    I am wondering about how good a head coach Doug Jarvis might make?  He has been a long time assistant at the NHL level (14 years with the stars) he had 2 years as a head coach in the AHL.  He ran an outstand PP in Montreal when he was there.
    Posted by Orrthebest

You mean we missed the Craig Ramsay boat to Atlanta?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

re: the aaf byer cam interview.  on the Seguin benching, Cam's answer:
    (pause) Coach's decision (and he said it sounding annoyed)
    they followed up on that
    (slighter pause) You'll have to ask the coach.

Aside from outright saying he strongly disapproved, the language was as strong as it could be while staying in bounds of the president role.

I would like to see where this goes, does Neely have the teeth and ownership approval in the organization to get CJ fired?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'm not surprised by Cam's reaction at all! The only thing that will stop Cam is the Jacob's family because they'll still have to pay CJ for another 3 yrs!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

I just listened to the clips on weei... holy crap.

I was expecting a typical "youll have to ask the coach, i dont know" kinda lame response. i was wrong. You could tell LB was like "oh um ok"

He did NOT sound happy at all! i love when neely gets pissed. heads roll!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

exactly....LETS GO CAM....FIRE THIS GUY.....we have an offensive team, and Julian has his third forward hanging around the defense the whole time, makes no sense, go after teams, have a heavy forcheck, apply pressure, thats how goals come about

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I just listened to the clips on weei... holy crap. I was expecting a typical "youll have to ask the coach, i dont know" kinda lame response. i was wrong. You could tell LB was like "oh um ok" He did NOT sound happy at all! i love when neely gets pissed. heads roll!
    Posted by TheShepherd

I just listened too! WOW Cam is PO'd BIG TIME!! lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

If the Bruins continue on a win 1 lose 3 , I would expect a coaching change.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

can't find the audio clip with Neely.  Any links?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

can't find the audio clip with Neely.  Any links?
    Posted by misterpaulo

http://media.waaf.com/a/35954163/cam-12-16-10.htm

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

re: the aaf byer cam interview.  on the Seguin benching, Cam's answer: (pause) Coach's decision (and he said it sounding annoyed) they followed up on that (slighter pause) You'll have to ask the coach. Aside from outright saying he strongly disapproved, the language was as strong as it could be while staying in bounds of the president role. I would like to see where this goes, does Neely have the teeth and ownership approval in the organization to get CJ fired?
    Posted by BadHabitude

That is the big question.  I thought that it was stated when he was named president that he did not have the power to hire and fire players.  I'm not going to go back and dig for it.  People like to assume that Cam can drop the hammer any time he wants, but I'm not so sure. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Cam "Jeremy you told me to give you advice regarding the hockey side of things while your son takes care of the scoreboard and the heating bill. I think we need to replace Julien now!"

JJ "OK Cam, How much do we owe Julien ? How many years are left on his contract ?"

Cam " Umm eh hmm ahhh well I think it's like two more years at like 3Mil."

JJ "So you want me to pay him to not coach then bring in another coach and pay him like we did with Lewis ?"

Cam "Yes Mr. Jacobs (notice now how he is addressing Jeremy Mr. now) the Bruins need to aet Julien's contract."

JJ "Click" Money mouth

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

In Response to Re: Is Julien safe from Neely's axe? : That is the big question.  I thought that it was stated when he was named president that he did not have the power to hire and fire players.  I'm not going to go back and dig for it.  People like to assume that Cam can drop the hammer any time he wants, but I'm not so sure. 
    Posted by Mutant211

I think cam neelys job would be in jeopardy if he couldnt make a decision for the betterment of the organization

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

I always liked Laviolette, esp. after I saw the great job he did in PVD and then the NHL. Too bad he's taken. The Flyers did a 180 when they hired him. Any coach they get will have to get with the times and dump the trap and wait game and focus on aggressiveness and hitting. It's how to win oday.

I think Cam wants Claude gone already but Chia will definitely have a say. Chia will fight tooth and nail if Julien's job is in jeopardy. The Bruins are dull and uninspired for too long. The winds of change need to blow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Cam is Peter's boss! I think they would've left him as VP if his position wasn't moving forward.

Sections
Shortcuts