Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!?

In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!?:
    In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : I saw this too.Had his glove off tugging at Lucics jersey like he wanted round 2. If those arent concussion like symptoms I dont what is.
    Posted by kelvana33

I missed that.  Unbelievable.  No, wait, this is Komisarek.  Believable.

Very nice seeing Lucic throwing upper-cuts.  Much less likely to damage his hand on a guys chin than his helmet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I bet Lucic amd Komisarek if on the same team would get along. He's an alright guy. 
    Right now Komisarek wishes he never had played against Lucic , from that day Lucic put him out Komisarek's career went downhill. 
    Lucic even gives Komisarek props is his post game interview. 
    Maybe Komisarek was the only Leaf that came to play last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I was screaming during that fight frightening one wife and 2 cats. Long overdue beat down.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Me too ... Shook up the whole house! my wife was wondering what the H was going on, and my Jack Russell was howling at the TV. Thank god Milan Lucic is a Bruin -

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : Just like my favorite 80s arcade video game BodyBlow...BodyBlow...Uppercut....
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Hey Dog - I had this , was it the same one ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : Hey Dog - I had this , was it the same one ?
    Posted by JWensink

he even looks like Komisarek

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : Hey Dog - I had this , was it the same one ?
    Posted by JWensink

Lol!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Posted by JWensink

Spent a few hours on that game myself. Nice. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I bet Looch keeps a pic of Komi in his locker to fire him up before every game! In fighting certain players don't match up well and Komi certainly doesn't match up well with Looch!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Surprising that he'd tackle round 2 with Looch, but kudo's to him......cause none of the other Leafs had the guts to do anything.

Bruins OWN the Leafs in every way!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Surprising that he'd tackle round 2 with Looch, but kudo's to him......cause none of the other Leafs had the guts to do anything. Bruins OWN the Leafs in every way!
    Posted by 4everbruins

Just like Chris Neal. I've seens Lucic go upto him 2-3 times (games I've been in Ottawa) to fight because Neal is trying to run guys like Bergeron, Seguin or Marchand (always seems matched up against them) and even Krejci . 
    Neal does recall the beat down he got from Lucic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Is that 'Glass Joe'?  Or in this case Glass Komi?

I heard an interview with Komisarek afterwards where he said he was trying to get the team going and stated "you give a few licks, you take a few licks"

Yeaaaahh, that's what happened.  Perhaps just a bit more of the latter though, no?

I swear that I honestly felt bad for him.  I actually wanted Lucic to let up at the end.  What's become of me??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Is that 'Glass Joe'?  Or in this case Glass Komi? I heard an interview with Komisarek afterwards where he said he was trying to get the team going and stated "you give a few licks, you take a few licks" Yeaaaahh, that's what happened.  Perhaps just a bit more of the latter though, no? I swear that I honestly felt bad for him.  I actually wanted Lucic to let up at the end.  What's become of me??
    Posted by Fletcher1

i thought i knew you. what's next fletch? an avatar of a hab riding a donkey? i'm truly dissapointed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Is that 'Glass Joe'?  Or in this case Glass Komi? I heard an interview with Komisarek afterwards where he said he was trying to get the team going and stated "you give a few licks, you take a few licks" Yeaaaahh, that's what happened.  Perhaps just a bit more of the latter though, no? I swear that I honestly felt bad for him.  I actually wanted Lucic to let up at the end.  What's become of me??
    Posted by Fletcher1

It was hard not to feel bad for Komi. I respect the fact he showed up and gave his all. The rest of the Leafs mailed it in early.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

That was a Grade A pummeling. Lucic fed him large. Highlight of the night. I never get tired of seeing this. Lucic pounding Dufusarek will never get old.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : Actually Bs, Lucic started it by hitting Komisarek with a "gloved sucker punch" which is pretty well standard practice for Lucic. Lucic only gets called for sucker punchs 10% of time because Gregorys daddy protects him with all his spinelees referees. 
    Posted by null

There you go chewing again. Did you not see what happened before the punch, or do you chew with your eyes closed?

I would love to see you have a go with Lucic, Null. What do you think, Null, are you up to it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Komi's as smart as a cabbage for taking on Lucic again, but I can understand why he did it. The only Leaf who showed any drive or heart at all last night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Excellent article summarizing the carnage

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/mike-komisarek-makes-mistake-fighting-milan-lucic-video-010528601.html

New Rule: Any fight that begins with Jack Edwards chuckling to himself about the expected carnage is not going to go well for the person who isn't wearing black and gold.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Posted by Fletcher1

me too....and so do most who have ever played anything at a high level...and especially anyone who has a clue about hockey.  a guy who fights because he thinks he can win is a weasal. you fight to make a statement. Komisarek took one for the team, and rightfully so, was prepared to do it again at the end of the game. Lucic wisely and professionally allowed him that small dignity.  Whether you win, or get pounded doesn't matter, you stand your ground. Although not a Komisarek fan, i have great respect for his willingness to defy the odds. I also respect the fact that Lucic backed off there for a second or two when Komisarek went off balance early in the bout and was completely vulnerable.
     Although I respect his courage....Komis judgement is another matter.  If the leafs didn't feel dominated before the fight, the fight definately made it official. A sickening performance by a team whose biggest problem is a genuine lack of ability.

I don't get much of a thrill in seeing my team pound a celler dweller...unless it's the Habs.  I've been a b's fan for over 45 years, and TO has never been much of a threat.  I prefer my smackdowns on more legitimate competition.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

The linesman was supposed to get in the way just like brick said.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The linesman was supposed to get in the way just like brick said.
    Posted by 86redsox

absolutely

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah, but Komi's the one who did all he could to get around him. Not the linesman's fault.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

If I were that linesman after the fight as I was leading Komi to the penalty box I'd say something like, "now do you think that it was a good idea to go around me?" ha

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

If I were that linesman after the fight as I was leading Komi to the penalty box I'd say something like, "now do you think that it was a good idea to go around me?" ha
    Posted by lambda13

LOL

Worst part is I can totally imagine this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Posted by lambda13

hillarious.  i think you'd be surprised how often stuff like that is said, not only between players and officials, but amongst opposing players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : me too....and so do most who have ever played anything at a high level...and especially anyone who has a clue about hockey.  a guy who fights because he thinks he can win is a weasal. you fight to make a statement. Komisarek took one for the team, and rightfully so, was prepared to do it again at the end of the game. Lucic wisely and professionally allowed him that small dignity.  Whether you win, or get pounded doesn't matter, you stand your ground. Although not a Komisarek fan, i have great respect for his willingness to defy the odds. I also respect the fact that Lucic backed off there for a second or two when Komisarek went off balance early in the bout and was completely vulnerable.  Although I respect his courage....Komis judgement is another matter.  If the leafs didn't feel dominated before the fight, the fight definately made it official. A sickening performance by a team whose biggest problem is a genuine lack of ability. I don't get much of a thrill in seeing my team pound a celler dweller...unless it's the Habs.  I've been a b's fan for over 45 years, and TO has never been much of a threat.  I prefer my smackdowns on more legitimate competition.
    Posted by stevegm
    Two sayings come to mind when i think of Komisarek and this is as close to how i remember them, one is those who live in the past are doomed to repeat it and a sure sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. It seems Komi will never learn.

Sections
Shortcuts