Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulRodgers. Show PaulRodgers's posts

Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!?

In Response to Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!?:
    [QUOTE]I can't believe he went in for yet another beat down! LOOCH IS A MONSTER!!
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure most of his mind is still laying on the ice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

After watching the video clips, I'm thinking "Komisarek" must be Polish for "Keith Magnuson."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I am not into the whole "at least he showed up" thing. There is a difference between leaving it all on the ice metaphorically and literally leaving it all on the ice. I would not give props to Boychuk if he temporarily lost his sanity and picked a fight with Scott or McGratton. That is just plain stupidity. Just like what Komisarek did. You do not pump up your teammates by getting your head beat in. That's the job of your team pugilist.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

On the Leafs' post-game radio call in show, he got a lot of props for taking his lumps as he did.  In the bit I heard most folks wondered where Captain Phaneuf in this regard.  Not to specifically take on Lucic but to send the message to the Bruins that they weren't going to get run out of the arena. 

Some said Komisarek exposed the team's lack of pride being the only one to take a stand.  Host Andy Frost said the Lucic fight was so one-sided when the camera showed the Leafs' bench tapping their sticks they did it "softly."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!?:
    [QUOTE]On the Leafs' post-game radio call in show, he got a lot of props for taking his lumps as he did.  In the bit I heard most folks wondered where Captain Phaneuf in this regard.  Not to specifically take on Lucic but to send the message to the Bruins that they weren't going to get run out of the arena.  Some said Komisarek exposed the team's lack of pride being the only one to take a stand.  Host Andy Frost said the Lucic fight was so one-sided when the camera showed the Leafs' bench tapping their sticks they did it "softly."
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I get that the fans and the TO media homers want to find some positive out of the game but the fact remains; he did not have to fight Lucic but went out of his way to do so, got his butt kicked, went to the box for 5 minutes for his troubles, and the team played just as poorly after the fight despite his willingness to embarrass himself at the hands of Milan yet again. They did, in fact, get run out of the arena. I see absolutely no benefit in this. Neither he nor his team gained anything from the action.

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : I get that the fans and the TO media homers want to find some positive out of the game but the fact remains; he did not have to fight Lucic but went out of his way to do so, got his butt kicked, went to the box for 5 minutes for his troubles, and the team played just as poorly after the fight despite his willingness to embarrass himself at the hands of Milan yet again. They did, in fact, get run out of the arena. I see absolutely no benefit in this. Neither he nor his team gained anything from the action. There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

I understand your point, but if I were in that situation (I have been) and saw my team being humiliated like that in every facet of the game, and one guy stepped up and got beat up by a guy everyone in North America knew would beat him up, he'd earn a little bit of respect from me.  Even if it was stupid.

It did not help at all in that game.  That reflects on the lack of character on the other players.  I'm not a Komi fan, but sometimes bravery and stupidity are the same thing, and he gets a little respect from some players in doing what he did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : I understand your point, but if I were in that situation (I have been) and saw my team being humiliated like that in every facet of the game, and one guy stepped up and got beat up by a guy everyone in North America knew would beat him up, he'd earn a little bit of respect from me.  Even if it was stupid. It did not help at all in that game.  That reflects on the lack of character on the other players.  I'm not a Komi fan, but sometimes bravery and stupidity are the same thing, and he gets a little respect from some players in doing what he did.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Fair enough SoxFan. It just seems to me that the whole "he has earned my respect" thing is just the TO media desperately looking for a positive from that game and the Leaf fans desperately wanting something to believe in. Both are in an uproar at the moment at the state of the team and how "non-truculant" they are despite BB's assurances to the contrary.But I respect your take on it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : Fair enough SoxFan. It just seems to me that the whole "he has earned my respect" thing is just the TO media desperately looking for a positive from that game and the Leaf fans desperately wanting something to believe in. Both are in an uproar at the moment at the state of the team and how "non-truculant" they are despite BB's assurances to the contrary.But I respect your take on it.

Yeah, I completely understand your perspective regarding the fans and media.

I'm looking at it only from a player's context.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]Is he out of his mind? In a word.....YES. He waited 4 years just to eat Lucic's fists yet again. Lovely!!!

That was my answer ... yes ... and lovely.

Where was Big Mike training all these four years ... he should definitely fire his sparring partners 'cause they failed to teach him the "body shot that'll make your body curl, bro".  He should also fire the linesman who failed to get between his "heartfelt effort to get to 17" and prevent that he actually "got to 17" and had his head handed to him.  TKO Round One - let's have the Canucks pick up Komisarek on waivers (yes, I know it can't happen).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : That was my answer ... yes ... and lovely. Where was Big Mike training all these four years ... he should definitely fire his sparring partners 'cause they failed to teach him the "body shot that'll make your body curl, bro".  He should also fire the linesman who failed to get between his "heartfelt effort to get to 17" and prevent that he actually "got to 17" and had his head handed to him.  TKO Round One - let's have the Canucks pick up Komisarek on waivers (yes, I know it can't happen).
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention the sparring partner thing because I seem to remember that when he signed with TO there actually was talk of him taking boxing lessons!! Evidently he did not pursue the endeavour.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : Funny you mention the sparring partner thing because I seem to remember that when he signed with TO there actually was talk of him taking boxing lessons!! Evidently he did not pursue the endeavour.

He should give up, but I hope he doesn't ... I love watching him challenge Lucic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : He should give up, but I hope he doesn't ... I love watching him challenge Lucic.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Its not the challenge I love. Its the beat down that we all know is coming. Jack Edwards was HILARIOUS. OH NO THIS WON'T GO WELL FOR KOMISAREK!! hahaha

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Thing with Komesarek though is that he plays it tough so every once in a while he will get called out. That's the nature of how he plays. Lucic just happened to expose him for what he was and he has never gotten his confidence back. So he has two choices really; actually learn to take care of himself or just retire because he can't play any other way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Thing with Komesarek though is that he plays it tough so every once in a while he will get called out. That's the nature of how he plays. Lucic just happened to expose him for what he was and he has never gotten his confidence back. So he has two choices really; actually learn to take care of himself or just retire because he can't play any other way.
    Throw in that he is just a bad all around d-man and that means the Leafs have another bad contract.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : Throw in that he is just a bad all around d-man and that means the Leafs have another bad contract.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is weird that I seam to recall him being a decent Dman when he was with the Habs. I think his partner must have covered up for Mikey's many mistakes. He doesn't have that luxury now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : Yeah, it is weird that I seam to recall him being a decent Dman when he was with the Habs. I think his partner must have covered up for Mikey's many mistakes. He doesn't have that luxury now.
    His partner in Montreal was Markov, before all his injury problems, so yeah Mike had someone to cover up for him on a nightly basis.It was because of Markov that Komisarek got such a outrageous free agent deal from T.O.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : His partner in Montreal was Markov, before all his injury problems, so yeah Mike had someone to cover up for him on a nightly basis.It was because of Markov that Komisarek got such a outrageous free agent deal from T.O.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

And probably part of the reason why Markov got that sweetheart 3 year deal from Gauthier despite his obvious health problems. If he can be a good defenceman while paired with Komisarek imagine how goood he could be with a real defensive partner.....Lol!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Komisarek out of his mind?!?!? : Funny you mention the sparring partner thing because I seem to remember that when he signed with TO there actually was talk of him taking boxing lessons!! Evidently he did not pursue the endeavour.

jay - This rings a bell. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

[QUOTE]Is that 'Glass Joe'?  Or in this case Glass Komi? I heard an interview with Komisarek afterwards where he said he was trying to get the team going and stated "you give a few licks, you take a few licks" Yeaaaahh, that's what happened.  Perhaps just a bit more of the latter though, no? I swear that I honestly felt bad for him.  I actually wanted Lucic to let up at the end.  What's become of me??
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I started going there too, but then summoned up all of the cheap shot garbage he doled out when he was a Shab, including a series of glove shots to the diminutive Matt Hunwick, and got over it real quick....

Justice rides a slow horse, and I think the 2 prio beatdowns wasn't adequate retribution.... That was fun to watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

"Justice rides a slow horse"  very poetic, is that an original?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

[QUOTE]"Justice rides a slow horse"  very poetic, is that an original?
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

Not sure where I picked that up ... I have found it's true, though, albeit the hard way - lol

What happened to Nullify ??? He outlooned his split persona, Null and Void....