Is Krejci a top 25 NHL center?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Is Krejci a top 25 NHL center?

He is definately top 25.  There are some who are truly special, Crosby first among those.  Then Datsyuk and Zetterberg, Eric Staal, Ryan Getzlaf and maybe Evgeni Malkin, though I find him a bit of a flake.  After that there is a mixed bag of players like Richards (Mike or Brad), Toews, Stamkos, Joe Thornton, Brierre and a few others that you may rank higher or lower than DK (or PB) depending on your taste, but none of them have shown to me that they are a true step above.  I have never been impressed with Henrik Sedin and am even less so after watching the playoffs.  He had one good series.  He's fantastic when the game is easy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Is Krejci a top 25 NHL center?:
    [QUOTE]My List  1) Crosby 2) Kesler 3) Datsyuk 4) Toews 5) H. Sedin 6) Getzlaf 7) Malkin 8) Stamkos 9) E. Staal 10) Backstorm 11) Tavares 12) Bergeron 13) Kouivu 14) Kopitar 15) Carter 16) Spezza 17) J. Staal 18) Duchene 19) B. Richards 20) J. Thornton 21) Lecavalier 22) Backes 23) D. Krejci 24) D. Bolland 25) Polekanec
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

OC, that's a lotta love for Kesler .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Krejci isn't a top 10 but certainly an argument can be made for top 25..Looking at the list I'd have him at 17

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

My view of top centers is how they do in the playoffs.

1. Crosby
    2. Datsyuk
    3. Toews
    4. Malkin
    5. Zetterberg

No way Henrik Sedin near those guys. Krejci and Bergeron I would have at about 10-15.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Krejci a top 25 NHL center? : OC, that's a lotta love for Kesler .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

yeah, I see him and Datsyuk as inter-changable. Kesler is more physical/uptempto, Datsyuk is more skilled. They are both beasts in the defensive zone.

Kesler was injured in the playoffs, so I am discounting his performance, but watching him in the regular season was a thing of beauty. He's the real deal.

No way Krejci cracks the top 20 imo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That list gives us a look at how one of our beloved players compares in eyes without the black and gold tint.

In a few years, as he gets stronger and better, he'll be up there.

He just isn't yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]My List  1) Crosby 2) Kesler 3) Datsyuk 4) Toews 5) H. Sedin 6) Getzlaf 7) Malkin 8) Stamkos 9) E. Staal 10) Backstorm 11) Tavares 12) Bergeron 13) Kouivu 14) Kopitar 15) Carter 16) Spezza 17) J. Staal 18) Duchene 19) B. Richards 20) J. Thornton 21) Lecavalier 22) Backes 23) D. Krejci 24) D. Bolland 25) Polekanec
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

wow thats a bad list. Bergeron over Eric Staal?? Seriously? Jeff Carter over joe Thornton?? Koivu over Richards? Tavares over any of them? What hockey are you watching?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't like Grocery lists nor Laundry lists they mean work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is Krejci a top 25 NHL center? : Tavares might eventually prove to be a superior center but he hasn't played enough yet to warrant being ahead of Krejci. Krejci easily fits into the Top 25.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

TTBI - Bang on.  No question Tavares is a talented player of significant impact on his team but at this stage of his career, I don't see that skill ranking him ahead of Krejci right now thus bumping #46 out of the conversation for top 25 centers league-wide. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm also seeing no love for Plekanec (who would he's a Hab). 
    Here's another 2way center that was leading the Habs in points till Gionta started putting up numbers.
    Plekanec is also one of their best faceoff man. 
    Didn't he give trouble to Krejci in the 1st round round? and wans't Julien trying to get Krejci away from him ?
    Krejci did fight through his checking eventually and that's why I'de prefer Krejci over Plekanec.
    I might not have him ahead of Krejci but I'de put him anywhere between 20-25.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Krejci a top 25 NHL center? : wow thats a bad list. Bergeron over Eric Staal?? Seriously? Jeff Carter over joe Thornton?? Koivu over Richards? Tavares over any of them? What hockey are you watching?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Clearly, this is an exact science.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

The list isn't so bad.

I only wonderabout Mike Richards at no 12 ?? This guy is a great leader, a good package deal, but not that skilled !!! He reminds me a poor version of Bryan Trottier

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO Crosby is a great player, but not the #1 center in the league, he's more like 15th. Datsyuk #1; Staal[ Carolina] # 2; Bergeron #3; Kesler#4; Getzlaf #5; Toews #6; After that there are a bunch, including Kreji who contribute to their team's success, but depend upon skilled wings to be effective, no-one can really rank them as their team composition creates their contributions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]IMOCrosby is a great player, but not the #1 center in the league, he's more like 15th.Datsyuk #1; Staal[ Carolina] # 2; Bergeron #3; Kesler#4; Getzlaf #5; Toews #6; After that there are a bunch, including Kreji who contribute to their team's success, but depend upon skilled wings to be effective, no-one can really rank them as their team composition creates their contributions.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Bogie , are you serious ? 15 centers that are better then Crosby ? Try double dosing on the Geritol so you can stay up past 7:00.

Sections
Shortcuts