Is Krug better than Corvo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Is Krug better than Corvo?

I realize this question is a little pre-mature but I liked what I saw from him the other night.  He is already a step quicker than pretty much all of our defensemen at finding and making that first pass out of the zone and I noticed him choose the safe play a couple times and play it high off the glass to get it out of the zone.  

Looking forward to seeing him play some more.  He doesn't look any smaller than Ferrence out there, so hopefully he has the same scrap to handle the physical game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Is Krug better than Corvo?

I was surprised there wasn't more conversation about him after the last game. 
    He made a few positional mistakes, but overall I liked what I saw.  I'd like to see what he can do for a year in Providence.  That will give us a better picture of his potential. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Yes. My phukk.ing 86 year old grandmother is better than Corvo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: Is Krug better than Corvo?:
    I was surprised there wasn't more conversation about him after the last game.  He made a few positional mistakes, but overall I liked what I saw.  I'd like to see what he can do for a year in Providence.  That will give us a better picture of his potential. 
    Posted by scooter244

As I mentioned to Stanley yesterday, there was a whole thread about him titled " in the midst of all the stupidity" or something like that.

Overall, everyone was pretty positive on the kid but we only get to see him for 2 more games as he's an NCAA guy that's not eligible for the playoffs.

The question then becomes Dougie vs. Krug. Not sure Krug has a chance of winning that battle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Is Krug better than Corvo? : As I mentioned to Stanley yesterday, there was a whole thread about him titled " in the midst of all the stupidity" or something like that. Overall, everyone was pretty positive on the kid but we only get to see him for 2 more games as he's an NCAA guy that's not eligible for the playoffs. The question then becomes Dougie vs. Krug. Not sure Krug has a chance of winning that battle.
    Posted by nrguy

I actually think the question becomes Krug and Dougie vs, Corvo, Zanon and Mottau. I see no reason for PC to pursue UFA D this season, but who do you resign, and which do you replace with the kids? If Hamilton is ready, I'd say go With Krug Zanon and Hamilton, and let Corvo and Mottau walk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good points Red. Mottau will be gone, that was a favor to him and the Islanders; Corvo will probably dangle thru the summer or sign elsewhere. Krug does look more prepared than most college grads to be considered for an alternate, or up and down like Caron.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HalifaxBruins. Show HalifaxBruins's posts

In Response to Re: Is Krug better than Corvo? : I actually think the question becomes Krug and Dougie vs, Corvo, Zanon and Mottau. I see no reason for PC to pursue UFA D this season, but who do you resign, and which do you replace with the kids? If Hamilton is ready, I'd say go With Krug Zanon and Hamilton, and let Corvo and Mottau walk.
    Posted by red75

You hit the nail right on the head Zanon is by far the better of the 3 [Corvo, Mottau,Zanon ] Seems to me Zanon fits as a depth guy pretty well on this team GO BRUINS

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Glad they got Krug. Aside from Dougie there's nothing on D in the farm system that gets me excited. I hope Tommy Cross changes my mind when he comes up! That said, Kudos to Chia and Cammy for grabbing Krug ahead of the rest of the league!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Glad they got Krug. Aside from Dougie there's nothing on D in the farm system that gets me excited. I hope Tommy Cross changes my mind when he comes up! That said, Kudos to Chia and Cammy for grabbing Krug ahead of the rest of the league!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

I think Krug should already be ahead of Cross at this point.  One was a Hobey Baker finalist, one was not.  Playing in the same league against similar competition, Krug was the better player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Is Krug better than Corvo? : As I mentioned to Stanley yesterday, there was a whole thread about him titled " in the midst of all the stupidity" or something like that. Overall, everyone was pretty positive on the kid but we only get to see him for 2 more games as he's an NCAA guy that's not eligible for the playoffs. The question then becomes Dougie vs. Krug. Not sure Krug has a chance of winning that battle.
    Posted by nrguy

Shocking I missed it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Posted by nrguy

yeah ty nrguy ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Is Krug better than Corvo? : You hit the nail right on the head Zanon is by far the better of the 3 [Corvo, Mottau,Zanon ] Seems to me Zanon fits as a depth guy pretty well on this team GO BRUINS
    Posted by HalifaxBruins

I don't think any of them will be re-signed. One of the kids will make it (likely Hamilton) and there will be Providence call-ups (to cover injuries) until the trade deadline where PC will load up again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Let's see here.....5 spots that are all but locks:
    Chara
    Seids
    Manchuck
    Ference
    McQuaid

If the B's think that Dougie is ready, then he'll obviously be brought up. They don't want him on autopilot for 2 or 3 years playing juniors. They need him to play stiffer competition. If they think that Krug really was a good find and he's absolutely ready, then he'll be the 7th man back there, and Zanon will be released.

In all likelihood though:
    Dougie starts
    Zanon is scratched
    Krug is the first one to be called up

Krug's speed and puck handling appears to be very solid. He was obviously a little hyped up with adrenaline out there (first NHL game against Crosby and Malkin will do that), but I think once the game slows down for him, he could be a gem.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Krug is listed at 5' 9" -180 lbs with average speed not good for the NHL.I think he will spend  next year in Providence.For him to sign with the Bruins they probably had to put him on the NHL roster for the rest of the year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HalifaxBruins. Show HalifaxBruins's posts

In Response to Re: Is Krug better than Corvo? : I don't think any of them will be re-signed. One of the kids will make it (likely Hamilton) and there will be Providence call-ups (to cover injuries) until the trade deadline where PC will load up again.
    Posted by jaywall

I agree that Hamilton probably makes the team well at least for the first 9 games they will give him a good long look. I think krug gets a year in providence as well but i think he re ups Zanon 1 year for 1m or 1.2 i like what he brings for depth in case of injury hes a warrior type hes a great 7th dman

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Is Krug better than Corvo? : I agree that Hamilton probably makes the team well at least for the first 9 games they will give him a good long look. I think krug gets a year in providence as well but i think he re ups Zanon 1 year for 1m or 1.2 i like what he brings for depth in case of injury hes a warrior type hes a great 7th dman
    Posted by HalifaxBruins

Before the dealine there was a lot of chatter here about getting Oduya, who I watched all season in Winnipeg. From what I've seen of Zanon since he showed up, there's not much difference between their games - similar strengths, similar weaknesses. No reason we shouldn't re-up him imo. Couldn't ask for much better quality in the 7th spot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Is Krug better than Corvo? : I agree that Hamilton probably makes the team well at least for the first 9 games they will give him a good long look. I think krug gets a year in providence as well but i think he re ups Zanon 1 year for 1m or 1.2 i like what he brings for depth in case of injury hes a warrior type hes a great 7th dman
    Posted by HalifaxBruins

I wouldn't mind Zanon back for that price. Problem is that he was paid $2.1 million this year and some lesser team will likely offer at least that much for his services again. He would be a fool not to take his regular paycheck and the prospect of playing meaningful minutes rather than sticking with the B's at a discount and as a depth defenceman. I highly doubt PC is going to match an offer for him so I think he is gone.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

no. he is not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

$2.1? didn't realize that's what he was pulling in. Unless PC doubts either Hamilton or Krug will be ready for sixth spot duty next year, I have my doubts that he'll be resigned then.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

$2.1? didn't realize that's what he was pulling in. Unless PC doubts either Hamilton or Krug will be ready for sixth spot duty next year, I have my doubts that he'll be resigned then.
    Posted by red75

Here are the numbers:

http://nhlnumbers.com/teams/BOS?year=2012

$2.1 million for Zanon in 2011-12.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

When you have teams like Columbus, Toronto, to name a couple teams who spend their money foolishly, Zanon getting a raise on his $2.1 million is likely going to happen. Zanon would be a good fit in Boston, Claude likes him and he plays a safe ,physical game with few mistakes. But i fear some team will pay him $3 mil a season or more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

no. he is not.
    Posted by seobrien

Not even close and Chiarelli will have lots of stop gap 1 year contracts to offer.. http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2012&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2

...some veterans as well if Zanon splits or Dougie is sent back to the OHL after his NHL tryout.

Sections
Shortcuts