Is looch worth more than Pacioretty?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Is looch worth more than Pacioretty?

Pacioretty- one full season with Montreal 33-23-65
    Lucic (last 2 seasons with bruins) - 2010-2011 30-32- 62 pts., 2011-2012 33-23-65 pts

Pacioretty looks like he will be me the Lucic for the habs w/o the fighting aspects, Max is Mtl. best power forward, lead the canadians in pts. last season.

Lucic has already claim more complete seasons, an establish power forward and goal scorer.

Both players are well liked by each team fans and looks like both players are or will be in the same stats area for point production.

Lucic current contract is 4,083,000 and Paceriotty new contract 4.5 mill per season for 6 yrs.

My guess for Lucic extension will be 4.75 to 5 million cost but will need to be a long term contract. The new nhlpa offer from owners is contracts not to exceed no  longer than n 5 years. If PC wants Lucic to remain a bruin with lower cost than this is the time to do it before the season starts. If the bruins can't sign Looch long term then he will cost more with a shorter contract.

The same goes with Seguin we most posters on this forum are pretty well settled that Seguin is worth the same as Skinner's contract $ 5,725,00.00.

So far aprox. cost for both seguin and looch  $ 10,475,000.00 per season only with a long term deal.

But the bruins first priority is signing Seguin before Lucic, my personal thought is sign seguin first, marchand second and lucic third. If Lucic bows out by wanting more money than the big gamble will be signing a concuss Horton for the 2013 2014 season.   Our future first line could be Marchand Seguin Horton ( if Horton shows he is the same horton).

All i know is that PC has some pretty good options to keeping a pretty good team intact if he can sign both Looch and Horton; after marchand and seguin are signed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Is looch worth more than Pacioretty?

They are two very, very different types of players.

At under 200lbs, Maxi-Pac is no power forward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Is looch worth more than Pacioretty?:
    [QUOTE]They are two very, very different types of players. At under 200lbs, Maxi-Pac is no power forward.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Some sites have him at 196 lbs. ( Montreal's own web site ). Others have him at 208, 212. I don't think he is a power forward in the same ilk as Lucic but IMO he does play that type of game. He's just not as physical as Lucic. Many aren't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

With that said, if they have near identical production, but Lucic brings the physical and intimidation game, I'd give the slight nod to Lucic. Pacioretty is still a great player, though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

The only way to answer the question is to ask yourelf "Which player would YOU choose to have on your team?"  In my opinion that is Lucic for the other intangibles that he brings to his game. Which player would you prefer to go into the corner with?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt Clod Jams. Show Dirt Clod Jams's posts

Lucic > Pac, and I disagree about signing Marchand before him.  Lucic is a a guy who could potentially score 30 goals riding Seguin's wing in the near future while clearing space and preventing opponents from taking liberties with Seguin.  If I'm PC I look forward to pairing Lucic and Seguin on the 1st for years with a strong second line duo of Berg and Marchand.  You can pretty much put any complimentary RWs with those pairings and have a solid top 6.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If the two were available on the same day, bidding on Lucic would push his price much higher than Pacioretty.  That 30 goal/60pt range is one thing, but a guy who can exact a physical toll on #1 D pairings playing on your top line is a rare, rare thing.  It's even more valuable now with the Karlssons and Myerses in the division - mobile D with good offensive skills who aren't built for 20 minutes of Lucic every night.

Abstract worth would probably favour Lucic anyway, but if they went to market, Lucic is the prize pig.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]If the two were available on the same day, bidding on Lucic would push his price much higher than Pacioretty.  That 30 goal/60pt range is one thing, but a guy who can exact a physical toll on #1 D pairings playing on your top line is a rare, rare thing.  It's even more valuable now with the Karlssons and Myerses in the division - mobile D with good offensive skills who aren't built for 20 minutes of Lucic every night. Abstract worth would probably favour Lucic anyway, but if they went to market, Lucic is the prize pig.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Absolutely !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]If the two were available on the same day, bidding on Lucic would push his price much higher than Pacioretty.  That 30 goal/60pt range is one thing, but a guy who can exact a physical toll on #1 D pairings playing on your top line is a rare, rare thing.  It's even more valuable now with the Karlssons and Myerses in the division - mobile D with good offensive skills who aren't built for 20 minutes of Lucic every night. Abstract worth would probably favour Lucic anyway, but if they went to market, Lucic is the prize pig.

No doubt - I actually can't think of another comparible to Lucic, just be glad we got him, and hope he never hits the open market, cause there would be a feeding frenzy - and 4.5 would be a joke.

I think Max needs a new agent- and the Lucic comparison is way off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

All comments I've read are good and makes sense. Yes i would definitely want lucic before Pac.

But my wife background is quebec and her brothers are all habs fan all six of them. Their comment about Lucic is the only reason they don't like him is he is a bruin. But put him in a Mtl. jersey they (the brothers) will like him immediately cause mtl. been missing that type of forward (Lucic) for a long time. If you put Lucic Plekanec and Pac on the same line we (the brothers) would be very content with this 1st line. Lucic would even give Gointa some space if the two were on the same line also.

It always good to get thoughts from other fans. Except Null the seagull.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is looch worth more than Pacioretty? : Looch only gets away with his dirty crap because he can hide behind Gregorys Daddys Skirt. He deserved many. many, many more suspensions then he has received (thanks to Gregorys Daddy). How many gutless gloved sucker punches can he get away with? (a hundred, two hundred?) The Refs protect the B's In NBC/Bettman/Gregorys Daddy We Trust #11 provides immunity from penalties and suspensions JT
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Yeah especially because Colin Campbell wasn't even the league disciplinarian last year...

Shannahan has been pretty cut and dry on his suspensions and he gave Looch one suspension last year, I believe, for his hit on Rinaldo...

And that was not even a bad hit...

I agree Looch does some dirty stuff like punching with gloves still on, but at least he can back it up...

He will always answer for what he does and is generally willing to fight guys if they take offense to what he does...

All in all, Looch is not a dirty player...

He's had a few instances where he made some stupid, dirty plays, but he is not a dirty player...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

On this topic, it's got to be a good sign that Pacioretty is getting 4.5 mil a year...

Same age, same production has to account for something come contract negotiation time...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Other than the numbers, I cant find one similarity between these two players. Not a knock on eaither one, both very good players, but more different they could not be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I like that line !  a Lucic 20.
    The media in Montreal likes to think Pacioretty as a power forward and that's because just before the Chara incident they kept on asking their players to go to the net and Pacioretty , being a call up, knew that's what he had to do to stick on this team since nobody else was doing it in Montreal. Hence the "Power Forward" analogy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

for the record, bobo kinda made up those numbers (also, they don't add up right). Lucic real numbers: 2012: 26-35-61

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I could be considered a Power Forward if I played for the Canadiens...

No doubt Lucic will make more than Pacioretty should he have another solid season this year. He brings way more to the table than Pacioretty does.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Lucic is worth between 4.5-5. Around the same as pacioretty but i would take lucic over pacioretty everyday and twice on sunday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Eric Cole is Montreal's power forward.  He's big, scores, goes to the net hard, and racks up the hits like Lucic.  Cole, however, lacks the nasty factor and reputation that Lucic has for fighting.  And Cole is significantly older than Lucic and gets 6 mill. per year. 

With that stated, Lucic will command more than 5 mill per year, especially if he puts up another 30+ goal season.  There is no comparison between him a Maxipad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

looch hands down.  max has performed one miracle but looch never fails to disappear during the playoffs.      

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]looch hands down.  max has performed one miracle but looch never fails to disappear during the playoffs.      
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

Miracle Max!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Yes

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Lucic wears down opponents. Hes like the 250 lb RB that carries the ball 35 times a game. 1 key to the cup was Horton & Lucic just wearing down the other team. You know your in for a 60 min. battle. Maxy maybe the better scorer night in & night out BUT he does not sway the game.  Lucic does!

Sections
Shortcuts