Is Lucic playing injured?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Is Lucic playing injured?

There is all kinds of speculation around the NHL that there is something physically wrong with Lucic. He has been totally nonexistant in the series so far. Even my friends that are Habs fans are asking me what's wrong with Lucic. I just hope for Lucic's sake it is an injury that is holding him back because this is not the Lucic that we know. To be tied 2-2 in the series without any contribution from Lucic is astonishing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Is Lucic playing injured?

I think so.  I did think he simplified last night, and I think it was his best game of the series so far.  I think and hope he will continue to improve.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

If Lucic is not injured, he sure is playing like he is.  No points in 4 games, with only 5 SOG.  Somehow he has been credited with 11 hits in this series, I am not sure I have seen more than a couple of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Terrible giveaway last night...I don't think he's hurt, but he is def not all there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

If he's not hurt, he has his head in the sand. He has not played well at all. If he is injured, and unable to generate any positives then Claude should sit him,add Caron and play the game with a complete first line. Lucic's lack of play hurts Horton most and also Kreji. Peverly could move to the 1st line and Caron can fill in on the 3rd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: Is Lucic playing injured?:
    [QUOTE]Guys relax.  Montreal stated that they wanted to take Lucic away so that he is not a factor.  They match him up with Gill every shift.   Gill has been playing more physical these last few games then all his years with the Bruins.  He will be fine.  Benching him is not the answer.  Completely ridiculous to think that Caron could fill in for him.  It was a great win, Lucic is in a slump he will turn it around. 
    Posted by Ceege[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it, Thanks!( Don't forget that RYDER, FERENCE,KELLY and KABERLE suck too!)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Not sure, but I don't think the B's get very far if he doesn't start to play up to the level he's capable of. I'd like to think that the Habs are just playing him harder/differently, and getting him off his game?? Guess we'll find out soon enough when this series is over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Guys relax.  Montreal stated that they wanted to take Lucic away so that he is not a factor.  They match him up with Gill every shift.   Gill has been playing more physical these last few games then all his years with the Bruins.  He will be fine.  Benching him is not the answer.  Completely ridiculous to think that Caron could fill in for him.  It was a great win, Lucic is in a slump he will turn it around. 
    Posted by Ceege[/QUOTE]

Who needs to relax?  Seems like the comments in this thread are fairly constructive? 

Your analysis suggests that Hal Gill has taken Boston's top goal scorer out of the series?  That might be the most inaccurate and inflammatory thing said yet.

I also think the Caron idea was in response to a possible Lucic injury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I am sure about it i brough that up long time ago!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

We won't know anything about any injury until after the season is over .. that information rarely gets out when a team is in the hunt but I agree that he is a non factor so far...could be an injury but thinking it's morelikely that Montreal has a strategy in place to shut that line down.. We'll see..

Go B's

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If thats the case he must be injured since back in march b/c thats the last time he scored a goal.  Its been a long time.
    BUT, Ovie and Crosby were shut down last year by the same team.  Montreal's goal is to shut down DK.  They have and in turn the other two arent creating enough. 

The playoffs are very early.  Anyone think we would walk over Montreal in 4?  Not me.  I figured it would be a 6-7 game series. 

I don't think Lucic is injured.  I think there is a mountain of pressure on a very young player and he is feeling it.
    Its playoff hockey.  He will fight through it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Posted by Ceege[/QUOTE]

Wow! Every shift! Really? Watch the game, as much as all love Lucic he is NOT PLAYING WELL! This in an understatement to say the least. The good news is, if the "!st" line can play like a 1st line actually they're in pretty good shape. If not, see ya and get da clubs out, it's time for summer boys!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

If I had to guess I would say it is an upper body injury. He seems to be skating well but is shying away from the physical contact. Seems as though his play really slipped after he scored his 30th goal.
    It looks like he is making little effort to even get involved in the play and that is what disturbs me

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ed,

you could be right.  but tip your hat to the job the Habs are doing against that line.  they took DK outta the game and have their best all around fwd(plekanec) and there two best dmen out against them all the time.  Good players find ways to battle through it. 
    The entire line can't be hurt.  Horton-Dk?  Are they injured as well. 

They need one game and all will be forgot.

We got this!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wesman. Show wesman's posts

Ed, I'd disagree that he's skating well.  He seems to be a stride or two behind the play and constantly out of position--almost like he has bubble gum on his skates.  When he's out there with the speedier Habs forwards and defense (except Gill), it's kinda like the little brother on the pond who's trying to keep up with his big brother and friends.  Huffing, puffing, watching....

What I don't like is that, even with whatever limitations he has, he's not snarling, shoving, confronting, getting in front of Price, etc.  It's almost like he's trying to be as much of a non-factor as possible.  That's why some Bruin fans are actually HOPING he gets drilled--to wake him up in this series.  Honestly, I think a demotion to the 4th line and a swap with Paille might do the trick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Ed, I'd disagree that he's skating well.  He seems to be a stride or two behind the play and constantly out of position--almost like he has bubble gum on his skates.  When he's out there with the speedier Habs forwards and defense (except Gill), it's kinda like the little brother on the pond who's trying to keep up with his big brother and friends.  Huffing, puffing, watching.... What I don't like is that, even with whatever limitations he has, he's not snarling, shoving, confronting, getting in front of Price, etc.  It's almost like he's trying to be as much of a non-factor as possible.  That's why some Bruin fans are actually HOPING he gets drilled--to wake him up in this series.  Honestly, I think a demotion to the 4th line and a swap with Paille might do the trick.
    Posted by wesman[/QUOTE]

A swap with Paille, sounds great.  Going back to the days of PJ Axelsson can be a first line winger.  Ummm No, I guess I don't like that, especially since Paille isn't half the offensive player PJ was.

I did think last night was his best game of the series. I don't know what's wrong with him but I absolutley believe he is a top 9 forward on this team right now, even with whatever is holding him back.  Given that I prefer Claude sticks with the line combos right now.  Luckily for me we can be pretty certain Mr. Consistency will accomodate my wishes.  I saw more straight lines last night.  I saw better play along the boards.  I also saw what seemed to be more effort then would seem necesary to do normal things out there, which is why I believe he is playing injured.

We know with Lucic it's not for a lack of heart.  Just finished reading Micky Ward's book.  At one point in his career people thought he no longer had the fight in him.  Turns out he had just been boxing for three years with a busted up hand.  I assume we will learn something similar regarding Lucic at the end of our run.  It will be no excuse, every team probably has a star battling injury, it just is what it is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Ed, I'd disagree that he's skating well.  He seems to be a stride or two behind the play and constantly out of position--almost like he has bubble gum on his skates.  When he's out there with the speedier Habs forwards and defense (except Gill), it's kinda like the little brother on the pond who's trying to keep up with his big brother and friends.  Huffing, puffing, watching.... What I don't like is that, even with whatever limitations he has, he's not snarling, shoving, confronting, getting in front of Price, etc.  It's almost like he's trying to be as much of a non-factor as possible.  That's why some Bruin fans are actually HOPING he gets drilled--to wake him up in this series.  Honestly, I think a demotion to the 4th line and a swap with Paille might do the trick.
    Posted by wesman[/QUOTE]

He actually has been hit after whistles by PK. 

If he is healthy enough to be in the lineup he has to produce.  I don't think a shuffle does much at this point unless they move Peverly to that line and Lucic with Ryder and Kelly. 

I wouldnt make any changes.  He has to battle through it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

This may also be a simple case of Lucic forgetting what got him here which is hard nosed physical play. Maybe this guy has convinced himself that he is now a goal scorer and does not need to get as physical as he has in the past.
    Maybe this is crazy but Lucic may benefit from having a guy like Thornton play a shift or 2 on the first line. Having a banger on a line with him may force Lucic to be more physical himself. It would also allow them to put Horton on the 4th line for a couple of shifts which may be the wake up call he needs.
    Fact is Lucic NEEDS to be physical if he is not scoring. This guy is not a sniper so the physical part is essential to his line

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ed,

If he forgot what got him here we will lose.  I think he is timid to take a bad penalty.  I think the turnover is in his head.  I think he will benefit from the home cooking in game 5. 
    He has great hands for such a monster of a player.  But if he doesnt get to the dirty zones and make people think twice he won't get the room he needs to be our top goal scorer.  I think getting him away from Gill is key.  Now that I think it over more wouldnt these two lines make some sense
    DK/Horton/Marchand- use Marchands speed against Gill(assuming they keep him in this line matchup).
    Bergie/Recchi/Lucic- Bergie/Recchi will get Lucic rolling. 

Also gives us big bodies on two lines.

I am not one for throwing the course off...but it wouldnt hurt to mix it up a shift or two.  Bruce Boudreau is constantly flipping new line combos to mix it up.  Todays hockey isnt as simple as tapping the next line and saying go get em. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Today I was listening to Nick Kypreos and IMO, the worst stooge on sports television, Darren Millard, wade in on Lucic being MIA.  Kypreos suggested to not be surprised if what ails Lucic is a confidence thing right now despite scoring 30 during the regular season. 

He said he's been on teams where impactful players take a dip in form then they press trying to come out of it, all the while adding pressure to themselves knowing the team needs them to contribute.  Says its throws their whole game off because instead of just playing whatever their style is, they think too much about what's going on with them and it compouds the issue. Let's hope it's anything but an injury.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

One goal and this conversation ends.  Let's hope it ends Saturday night at 10:01pm.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wesman. Show wesman's posts

Excellent points and counter points.  Could be a combo of mental and physical with Looch.  I do like a line swap, and of course, I didn't mean for an extended period.  Just do something to make the Habs react with their D line pairings (would they split up Gill and Subban?).

Of course, getting CJ to deviate from the script is like trying to get a bone away from a bull dog.  He's a stay the course coach if there ever was one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

He's hurt..and most likely upper body....ed ..your right...he skates well...but won't muck it up....you don't forget those things....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

While agreeing that Lucic (the real one) hasn't showed up yet, the real reason for that line's inability to score lies in the play of "Cough It Up" Krejci. Saw it on another thread. His MO now is skate into the zone, turn, and give the puck to the nearest Hab. Been doing that since February. No one is giving him the room he had last year. The final straw(s) is his inability to finish scoring plays if the goalie is in the net. On his only goal, so far, Price was at the concession stand having a beer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Well, if he's hurt, we know how that goes.  Last season was tough to watch.

Sections
Shortcuts