Is Lucic the MVP of this Team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Is Lucic the MVP of this Team?

With Stamkos going down, I can't help but think what trouble the B's would be in without 17.  Aside from Tuukka, I feel the B's would be in the most trouble if they had to play without Lucic.  No disrespect to Bergie, Chara,and  Krecji of course, but to me Lucic really is the key player on this team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Is Lucic the MVP of this Team?

Fat, Rask, Iginla, Bergeron, Krejci, Chara pretty even

runner up : Krug, March, Hamilton, Quaider, Boychuck

not far behind : Smith, Paille

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Forgot ...Seid

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In the Locker room, there are lots of leaders.

On the ice (Battlefield) the pions line-up behind the Strongest: Advantage Lucic and Chara.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As noted, all follow Tuuka. Lucic is a key ingredient as long as he continues, and doesn't regress to las year. That said, there are a number of others, as mentioned, who would also be sorely missed and , may not have Lucic's package, but their own skills can be considered as MVP worthy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tuukka!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Wouldn't count Iginla out as MVP ~ seems to be getting stronger  every game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With Stamkos going down, I can't help but think what trouble the B's would be in without 17.  Aside from Tuukka, I feel the B's would be in the most trouble if they had to play without Lucic.  No disrespect to Bergie, Chara,and  Krecji of course, but to me Lucic really is the key player on this team.

[/QUOTE]

I demand you touch wood right now

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I demand you touch wood right now

[/QUOTE]

Keep it clean Wally!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to jaymiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wouldn't count Iginla out as MVP ~ seems to be getting stronger  every game.

[/QUOTE]

I like Iggy too, but without Lucic he doesn't get as much space.  Lucic makes both Krejci and Iggy better IMO.  He's my MVP, hands down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fat, Rask, Iginla, Bergeron, Krejci, Chara pretty even

runner up : Krug, March, Hamilton, Quaider, Boychuck

not far behind : Smith, Paille

[/QUOTE]

boychuk and marchand have not been good this year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think the two most irreplaceable players on the team are Rask and Chara. As good as Lucic has been I might have Bergeron slightly higher than Lucic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

One thing that has impressed me with Lucic this year has been how often this has happened:

1. There is some kind of offensive zone turnover.
    2. The other team breaks up the ice with the puck.
    3. Lucic catches up to the puck carrier and forces a turnover in the neutral zone.

I don't recall that ever being a regular part of his game before.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

One thing is for sure. he's playing like a 6 million dollar player this year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Rask has been providing some of the best goaltending I've ever seen. That makes him #1 to me. Then Chara. After that the forwards are close, but I'd say Bergeron>Krejci>Lucic. I love those 3. Lucic brings something special to the game - and he is certainly a leader and inspiration - but I think the two centers are a little more valuable. Bergeron is one of the best players in the game right now, and Krejci's pure skill is irreplaceable on the current roster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One thing that has impressed me with Lucic this year has been how often this has happened:

1. There is some kind of offensive zone turnover.
    2. The other team breaks up the ice with the puck.
    3. Lucic catches up to the puck carrier and forces a turnover in the neutral zone.

I don't recall that ever being a regular part of his game before.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I do.  When he's moving his feet.  They should give him clap skates, because I remember a few occasions where it seemed like the puck carrier heard footsteps.  It's an extension of the way that line - first with Horton and now with Iginla, just dominates possession in the offensive zone.  They don't always win the race to the puck, but when they lose, the opponent makes a less than perfect decision.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The B's can survive without Lucic. Rask (especially) and Chara, not so much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Chara is the team mvp and league mvp.  He means more to any team then any player in the league.  This team would struggle big time if he wasnt on this team.  Its not even close.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You know, it's an interesting question.  Once you talk about "most valuable" instead of something easier to quantify, people lose their nut trying to argue that, say, Torey Krug is the MVP because of what he can do on the breakout and with his shot blah blah blah.  In other words, Krug is playing well and maybe providing more than expected, so he must be most valuable and besides, the obvious answer is boring.

Rask is 4th in GAA and 3rd in S% after a weaker game last night (he won't be perfect).  The only guys ahead of him are backups.  By the time the season is 3/4 old, they won't have enough games played to qualify and Rask will be the top goalie in both key statistical categories.  If he goes down, his replacement might as well be a dancing former Patriots wideout.  That makes him pretty valuable.

Chara is the centrepiece of how Julien wants to play, so he's extremely valuable even when he's having a down year.  His mental game has been off this year, and it may be a result of physical things or it may not.  Most of it looks mental, but for the team to be 12-6-1 when Chara is an even +/- player (only Caron, Bartkowski, Kelly and Paille are worse...), well...that's pretty good.

But the best answer really is the the same answer you have to give the Kessel/Seguin crew - the Bruins aren't built to have one MVP.  It's hard to imagine what they'd be like without Lucic for any extended period of time because, right now, he's the most dynamic forward out there.  On the top line, it sure seems to me that a lot of the transition and a lot of the scoring chances go through him at a a key point.  Krejci has more points, Lucic more goals.  Let's stick with admiring what an impact the guy has on the game and not worry if that's more or less "valuable" than Chara or Rask (don't get me started on correcting for the importance by position).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chara is the team mvp and league mvp.  He means more to any team then any player in the league.  This team would struggle big time if he wasnt on this team.  Its not even close.  

[/QUOTE]

shupe I'm not saying Chara is replaceable, but with the "best" goalie in the league and the team's solid depth on the blueline, I don't think there would be a huge drop off in the teams performance should he go down for a bit.  More work for the forwards of course but they know how to do that. 

However if Lucic were out for a while, they would struggle mightily to score goals...I don't know how you could argue against this, but I'm sure you will.  As Book points out, most of their offense goes through him at some point.  And if Book says it, dammit I believe it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

shupe I'm not saying Chara is replaceable, but with the "best" goalie in the league and the team's solid depth on the blueline, I don't think there would be a huge drop off in the teams performance should he go down for a bit.  More work for the forwards of course but they know how to do that. 

However if Lucic were out for a while, they would struggle mightily to score goals...I don't know how you could argue against this, but I'm sure you will.  As Book points out, most of their offense goes through him at some point.  And if Book says it, dammit I believe it.

[/QUOTE]

Chara without a question. Our depth would exposed as would Rask.  Im not saying rask still wouldnt steal games but his numbers would be altered.  I also think the style of play would be changed in a big way.  Seids boychuk bart mcq krug hamilton as 6 is just very avg.  take charas 30 minutes a night out of the lineup and this team would struggle. 

I think any goalie would have very good numbers here.  Rask faced 14 shots through 2 periods last night and usually has all 5 back.  The odd man advantages he faces are minimal.  

This team can survive without lucic.  

This team cannot survive without chara.  To me this isnt close.  And thats with all the respect i can throw at 2 major pieces to the bruins team.  Chara is the most vital piece in the nhl.  To any team!  

Sections
Shortcuts