Is Marchand holding you Hostage?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Is Marchand holding you Hostage?

Well, suffer now more. Pick up the phone and call PC; tell him if Brad is not signed in the next seven days - get rid of him.

PC got rid of Wade Arnott's other two clients (Kessel and Hunwick), he may as well complete the trifecta.

The end of the Marchand era may soon come to a close. Sweet but short (for Marchand, that is). Bruins don't need him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Is Marchand holding you Hostage?

In Response to Is Marchand holding you Hostage?:
    Well, suffer now more. Pick up the phone and call PC; tell him if Brad is not signed in the next seven days - get rid of him. PC got rid of Wade Arnott's other two clients (Kessel and Hunwick), he may as well complete the trifecta. The end of the Marchand era may soon come to a close. Sweet but short (for Marchand, that is). Bruins don't need him.
    Posted by Wheatskins

The Marchandites are going to hunt you down and burn you at the stake.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's Marchand's right to ask for how ever many years he wants at however much money he wants.  If he fails to come to an agreement with a man who seems to be the most reasonable GM in the history of the Bruins, it doesn't make him a bad hockey player or a bad person.

It just makes him a fool.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Holding who hostage ? Me as a fan or the Bruins ? How may arm chair quarterbacks do you think Chiarelli has to put up with at Stop n Shop or Dunkin Donuts all hockey season long ?

The unfortunate thing Wheat is that you are serious with this thread and there will be five more like it before Marchand gets signed. Did TVG go offline today or something, bored ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Is Marchand holding you Hostage?:
    Holding who hostage ? Me as a fan or the Bruins ? How may arm chair quarterbacks do you think Chiarelli has to put up with at Stop n Shop or Dunkin Donuts all hockey season long ? The unfortunate thing Wheat is that you are serious with this thread and there will be five more like it before Marchand gets signed. Did TVG go offline today or something, bored ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

San, when boredom gets the best of him he tends to go off the deep end. I remember a month before playoffs when he started a thread professing for all to see that he was done with cheering for this Bruins team. Now he's apparently done with Marchand..........he'll be back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I now want the Bruins to sign Marchand simply because of people posting stupid sign or trade Marchand threads.

Holding us hostage now? Seriously?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I now want the Bruins to sign Marchand simply because of people posting stupid sign or trade Marchand threads. Holding us hostage now? Seriously?
    Posted by kelvana33

You know, I'd rather have Marchand than JVR.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Is Marchand holding you Hostage? : You know, I'd rather have Marchand than JVR.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Did you see game 2 last season against the Bruins  ??? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Oy.

Enough already. He's going to be signed. It'll happen at the last minute before training camp starts. Why does everyone act like this never happens in the NHL? Just be patient, for crying out loud.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Can you only imagine the pandemonium on the LA Kings board .  DOUGHTY RFA !!!  OR IS IT A HOSTAGE SITUATION ???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: Is Marchand holding you Hostage? : You know, I'd rather have Marchand than JVR.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Haha, that's funny. Even though I'm a big Marchand fan, I'd still take JVR over him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

JVR > BM63 What are you smoking? :P

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Wow, I see Chicken Little is alive and well. The sky is falling, huh? Relax, 63 will be wearing the Black and Gold soon enough, and the Bruins will turn in another quality season. I can't guarantee another cup, but it is going to be a good year for the Bruins, and 63 will be part of it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yes.  Brad Marchand is holding me hostage.  Please send Moosehead, lots of Moosehead, to the PO Box below or ... well something will happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Wheat, I didn't know that Arnott also represented Hunwick. This gives more credibility to the perspective that he is driving the "Marchand" boat and pulling Brad along by the nose after schmoozing a bunch of unrealistic millions in emotional and naive Brad's ear. Arnott has a beef with Chiarelli, and so far, Peter is winning all the rounds. Too bad Brad is so gullible and big kudos to Peter Chiarelli for facing reality

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Dealing a player because they are trying to get the biggest contract possible hardly makes sense.  You should deal a player because you don't like them, they don't like you, or you can get something that would improve your team.  The first two don't apply here so the Bruins should only make a trade if they are going to get better by doing so.  It's doubtful that Boston will get better by trading him, so they should just wait it out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Anybody not named Bergeron or Seguin that gets a little too much credit or respect makes ol wheatie uncomfortable...

Savard and Marchand are pretty high up on the list of Bruins not to bash  - neither deserve it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

My mistake, don't call PC.

Call Wade Arnott 905-275-2800 or send him an e-mail  http://www.thehockeyagency.com/index2.html

Tell him to produce an offer sheet or go home.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dealing a player because they are trying to get the biggest contract possible hardly makes sense.  You should deal a player because you don't like them, they don't like you, or you can get something that would improve your team.  The first two don't apply here so the Bruins should only make a trade if they are going to get better by doing so.  It's doubtful that Boston will get better by trading him, so they should just wait it out.
    Posted by OatesCam

No player should be dealt because management doesn't like him. 

What's wrong with trading a player you cannot get under contract?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Good business
    BM wants more while PC is facing reality... nothing wrong, pure capitalism.
    Marchand is showing the same kind of guts, inside and outside the rink.
    It tells a lot on the player's personality, and I think this is what we liked from BM last year. BM with no guts... not that useful !!!! so play it all til the end dude !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duckeggs. Show duckeggs's posts

Interesting thread on Marchand. Based on his playoff performane, I hope he can be resigned. However, there seems to be some "personality" issues that warranr some concerns. the local papers here in Halifax were not too kind to Brad after his day with the cup: aloof, disinterested etc.

If this guy is too hich maintainance (constant reminders about limitations) then maybe it might be better to cut ties rather than commit long term.

In my mind a short term deal ( 1 or 2 years) would be the best thing, while everyone gets a handle on Brad's character. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good business BM wants more while PC is facing reality... nothing wrong, pure capitalism. Marchand is showing the same kind of guts, inside and outside the rink. It tells a lot on the player's personality, and I think this is what we liked from BM last year. BM with no guts... not that useful !!!! so play it all til the end dude !!!
    Posted by Bruinsforever

Yeah, let's hope he really sticks to his numbers and holds out for the year.  That will take some serious guts and that's the type of player the Bruins fans want.

Is this a joke?  The guy is getting kudos for being two weeks from a holdout because it shows guts?

The Lore of Brad Marchand continues!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

Big nose, big deal !

Sections
Shortcuts