is Marchand the new Wheeler?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: is Marchand the new Wheeler?

In Response to Re: is Marchand the new Wheeler?:
    [QUOTE]Score!  I'm not an idiot! Shupe is though.  He's the King of The Idiots. Keep in mind, making a derisive statement about everyone's Baby Boy Brad is cause for a fight.  Most people here don't like it when you point out that he makes mistakes, or is a complete punk who needs his face bashed in sooner than later.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I'm in agreement with this, BUT "I HAVEN'T SEEN" him do anything that really has irked me yet. Not saying he hasn't done anything punkish this season. There have been games I've missed this season.
    I will say one thing I have noticed about BM. I don't see him mixing up his choices of shooting & passing as much. His point production was based on his decision making last year & I find so far that he's shooting a lot more. Not saying
    that's a bad thing. Just saying that is something I noticed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Marchand the new Wheeler? : Your original post is beyond stupid.  It's like complaining about Ortiz swinging and missing on the first 2 pitches, and then hitting a home run on the third.  Don't be so shortsighted and you'll do just fine here.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

No, that would be Marchand missing a couple of nets and then burying one.

When the team is surging forward into the offensive zone, an offside call kills the opportunity.  This would be like Ortiz walking slowly from second to third on a ball hit into the gap and stopping at third.  Maybe he would have scored?  Maybe the guy behind him might have scored as well?  We don't know, because Ortiz killed the opportunity by not paying attention.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Marchand the new Wheeler? : Your original post is beyond stupid.  It's like complaining about Ortiz swinging and missing on the first 2 pitches, and then hitting a home run on the third.  Don't be so shortsighted and you'll do just fine here.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

your comprehension skills are beyond stupid. you have 1,000 posts, you've been here a while, you remember people constantly making jokes about wheeler going offsides so frequently. get it? no? still struggling? nevermind

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Marchand the new Wheeler? : No, that would be Marchand missing a couple of nets and then burying one. When the team is surging forward into the offensive zone, an offside call kills the opportunity.  This would be like Ortiz walking slowly from second to third on a ball hit into the gap and stopping at third.  Maybe he would have scored?  Maybe the guy behind him might have scored as well?  We don't know, because Ortiz killed the opportunity by not paying attention.

I like my analogy better.  The OP is discounting all of the good that Marchand does and is just focusing on a few mental errors in game 5 of an 82 game season.  That's being shortsighted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Marchand the new Wheeler? : your comprehension skills are beyond stupid. you have 1,000 posts, you've been here a while, you remember people constantly making jokes about wheeler going offsides so frequently. get it? no? still struggling? nevermind
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

You're a lousy joke teller

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

If he also fell down 12 times a game and almost never hit or faught anyone, I might give this serious consideration. Marchand is the antithesis of Wheeler. Passion and guts/grit vs. snoring/pulseless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

no, the OP is not doing that. the OP is making a joke because there was a former bruin player that went offsides ALL the time. he was the subject of many jokes for it, and now another bruin player acted similarly. if you don't understand something feel free to ask questions next time...we are all here to help

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I remember my coach back in the day and he told our fwds to go offside if the other wouldnt get the puck up.  Marchand game is speed.  Breaking the neutral zone or trap you need speed.  This isnt the beer leagues.  Give him the darn puck.  
    Dumb post.  I didnt notice how many times they iched their sack or nose either. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

Are you out of your minds. Complaining and whining after five games? After the human sinus got you two goals in game 7 of the Cup. After winning the Cup. Let breathe people breathe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]boys, relax. it was just a joke, i'm a big marchand fan but wheeler got a lot of cr*p on this board for going off sides all the time and I was just commenting on Marchand being off sides several times. at least NAS got it

No NAS didn't get it. He just hates him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Marchand the new Wheeler? : i'm not bitchin about it. i literally just commented on how marchand was called offsides 5 times in a game. thats not normal. with the exception of NAS, you are all idiots

The true idiots are the ones that don't understand that the puck carrier is as responsible (if not more) for offsides. If this needs to be explained further, then please ask for the explanation and my point will be proven.

I actually think Dez gave a good brief resume.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Marchand the new Wheeler? : The true idiots are the ones that don't understand that the puck carrier is as responsible (if not more) for offsides. If this needs to be explained further, then please ask for the explanation and my point will be proven. I actually think Dez gave a good brief resume.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

The puck carrier shouldn't dipsy doodle at the blue line, but the other players are also responsible many times. 

And yeah, I did get it.  Wheeler used to get razzed here big time for going offsides.  Marchand goes offside a bunch of times in a game.  A guy points it out.  That's all.  Everyone's up in arms because it's their Beautiful Baby Boy Brad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Marchand the new Wheeler? : The puck carrier shouldn't dipsy doodle at the blue line, but the other players are also responsible many times.  And yeah, I did get it.  Wheeler used to get razzed here big time for going offsides.  Marchand goes offside a bunch of times in a game.  A guy points it out.  That's all.  Everyone's up in arms because it's their Beautiful Baby Boy Brad.

hallelujah 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I remember my coach back in the day and he told our fwds to go offside if the other wouldnt get the puck up.  Marchand game is speed.  Breaking the neutral zone or trap you need speed.  This isnt the beer leagues.  Give him the darn puck.   Dumb post.  I didnt notice how many times they iched their sack or nose either. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Exactly the point I brought up earlier Shupe. Offside calls are usually the fault of the puck-carrier. Blaming a guy because he's trying to enter the zone with speed is stupid. I guess I should've realised the thread was a joke but I didn't. Since most jokes are funny, this one was far more difficult to spot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Marchand the new Wheeler? : [QUOTE ] Exactly the point I brought up earlier Shupe. Offside calls are usually the fault of the puck-carrier. Blaming a guy because he's trying to enter the zone with speed is stupid. I guess I should've realised the thread was a joke but I didn't. Since most jokes are funny, this one was far more difficult to spot.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Where was this level of support for Wheeler when he was getting buried for being offsides all the time?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Marchand the new Wheeler? : Exactly the point I brought up earlier Shupe. Offside calls are usually the fault of the puck-carrier. Blaming a guy because he's trying to enter the zone with speed is stupid. I guess I should've realised the thread was a joke but I didn't. Since most jokes are funny, this one was far more difficult to spot. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE] Where was this level of support for Wheeler when he was getting buried for being offsides all the time?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE
    ]
    Nas, did anyone have to come here and explain their Wheeler jokes? I think there are some differences in the situations. Hey, I make no secret of liking Marchand far more than I liked Wheeler but since you've asked, I'll search through my old posts until I find some in which I supported Wheeler. As a bonus I'll toss in a couple of Wideman support posts to really jazz things up......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The post isn't comparing Wheeler and Marchand.  It's comparing Marchand's offsides last night to Wheeler's propensity for the same.  If someone here doesn't get that, they need to turn off the computer and go write the book report on To Kill A Mockingbird because it's due tomorrow in fifth grade.

It didn't need to be explained.  BBBM fans are just upset.

To my question:  No one supported Wheeler when he was getting buried for being offside all the time.  It's the same exact game, same exact call, but the outcome here is very different.  You're not fooling me.  You're as aware of it as I am.

You'll notice that I haven't said a thing about Marchand in this thread.  My posts have been limited to offsides players and the support for Marchand that Wheeler didn't get.  And that Shupe is the King of Idiots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Marchand and Wheeler both played huge roles in the Cup win.  One for leaving, and one for playing like a champion.

Now I need to go finish reading that book.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The post isn't comparing Wheeler and Marchand.  It's comparing Marchand's offsides last night to Wheeler's propensity for the same.  If someone here doesn't get that, they need to turn off the computer and go write the book report on To Kill A Mockingbird because it's due tomorrow in fifth grade. It didn't need to be explained.  BBBM fans are just upset. To my question:  No one supported Wheeler when he was getting buried for being offside all the time.  It's the same exact game, same exact call, but the outcome here is very different.  You're not fooling me.  You're as aware of it as I am. You'll notice that I haven't said a thing about Marchand in this thread.  My posts have been limited to offsides players and the support for Marchand that Wheeler didn't get.  And that Shupe is the King of Idiots.
    Everybody "got it" and nobody agreed. The OP should've saved this post to use as one of his blog entries. That would've been more interesting than what's usually found there. Thanks for trying to enlighten me and my poor sense of humour. I'm a little slow with the jokes sometimes(especially when they contain no humour).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay, Dez. 

This will make you laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gns_dJHdUlg

The guy on the bike is the best.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, Dez.  This will make you laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gns_dJHdUlg The guy on the bike is the best.
    Awesome stuff. I thought it was mainly the French who love practical jokes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I have two responses to this thread.
    1. Wow, I would never have thought that I'd see someone use satire here...
    I thought it wasn't very amusing, but cheers for trying something new OP.
    2. This is hockey.. who the f**k uses satire!?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Marchand the new Wheeler? : Awesome stuff. I thought it was mainly the French who love practical jokes.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

On one of them, it's not just the mark, but the four or five bystanders who are running away down the street.

Sometimes, "funny video" in the youtube search engine is worth it!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Marchand the new Wheeler? : On one of them, it's not just the mark, but the four or five bystanders who are running away down the street. Sometimes, "funny video" in the youtube search engine is worth it!
    In Canada, we've got a show on the Comedy Network called "Just For Laughs Gags". The show is filmed in and around Montreal and is nothing but practical jokes. I saw there was an American version being made also but, not surprisingly, it didn't catch on. I'd describe the Canadian version as "Punked" lite.

Sections
Shortcuts